• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

maxiqbert

Mmm ... I have no numbers to say that you are not right :) So I ask you have evidence that my 5 squads of 1000 troops against 5 enemy squads of 3000 troops have the same chances of 250 troops squads against 750 troops squads:
Really???

Pauly7

That is an insane coin cost for negotiating province 11... and they're still saying catering is cheaper now?

Lovec Krys

That is an insane coin cost for negotiating province 11... and they're still saying catering is cheaper now?
And for my live city it should be 76% higher like the Spire is (thx to the more expansions & AWs levels) (actualy might be a little less than 76% for a short time since my AWs levels are 11 levels down after Dwarven Bulwark lv 11 deletion).

Karvest

tell that to 1 brave bear, who is still negotiating for 5.5k points+, as he was doing before that change. (still in orcs chapter, so affected only by coins)

CrazyWizard

tell that to 1 brave bear, who is still negotiating for 5.5k points+, as he was doing before that change. (still in orcs chapter, so affected only by coins)

If you are really dedicated by questing if needed for coins that is possible.
I said before then with these rules a minimalistic orc city would be by far the most superior setup.
No orcs cost, no mana, all units and small, and 1-2 wonders so the ideal circumstances for a combined fighting / negotiating strategy.
Boyond that point it will only get worse :(

In that case I assume we shall do everything in our power to get a lot more than 1600 points in tournament :cool: Right @CrazyWizard ?
You maybe, I depends on the changes / repercussions from live / more changes.

I might even quit the game, lets just say I am hit so hard by these changes that even considering to stay competitive is not even a consideration but outright impossible.
So of tournament rewards are cut, and personal goals are unattainable then what is left to do?
So I might quit, or I might revert to 1600 and call it quits untill I finally quit or changes are made to make playing possible again.

1 thing is certain, untill I am certain I can play again not a single penny will get into the inno-games coffers.
Not that I spend that much on elvenar but still, I still have spend like 250-300 euro or so in 5 years, incuding a 2 year stint in the middle in which I refused to spend anything.
Because if there are no longer goals in game left, there is no reason to spend anything on the game as well.

Pauly7

It does seem like the catering is worse now than fighting. I am glad that I have not catered in the tournament in about a year now.
With the new system, catering is simply off the table. I'm advising people to get ready to only fight in the new system because they have priced catering out of the market... The more I think about it the more it riles me that they are saying the catering cost is halved... Sorry, I'm like a broken record by now.

Dl. Goe

Well, maybe time has come for other kind of questions:

• Should we expect these changes, on live worlds, before or after the sorcerers’ pilgrimage event? (it will make a difference for tournament provinces completed, relics gained)
  • Could you lift the guest races resources’ requirement (for SSU upgrades) some time in advance? So that those who didn’t complete all SSU have a chance to do it before these changes take place.

Last edited:

spennyit

Should we expect these changes, on live worlds, before or after the sorcerers’ pilgrimage event? (it will make a difference for tournament provinces completed, relics gained)

I imagine their plan was/is to start in real worlds with the next tournaments cycle (i.e. next marble tournament). Now it would be just 1 week for testing. Changing it in the middle of a cycle ... I will not appreciate it :-(

maxiqbert

I don't understand the big fuss about the optional squad sizes researches. It makes almost no difference if you have them.
I just backfilled up to the sorcerers and, I have yet to feel anything changing.
I imagine their plan was/is to start in real worlds with the next tournaments cycle (i.e. next marble tournament). Now it would be just 1 week for testing. Changing it in the middle of a cycle ... I will not appreciate it :-(
you understand that the cycle can be seen as beginning any week? you say marble, I say gems. There is no "end of cycle" rewards or anything that really sets a beginning or an end.

spennyit

you understand that the cycle can be seen as beginning any week? you say marble, I say gems. There is no "end of cycle" rewards or anything that really sets a beginning or an end.

From a "syntactic/strictly logical" point of view you are right, but, since Marble is the 1st resource of the 1st Tier, it seems reasonable to consider the related tournament as the start of a tournaments cycle ;-) I wish I knew which was the 1st tournament ever :)

Pauly7

I think it will all depend what, if anything, they are planning to do. They made little change thus far. If they are listening to feedback and are about to make some big changes then we could have quite a bit of testing to do. I think if it rolls out next week the same, or very similar, to what we've already seen so far then they could well be about to chuck it onto the Live servers for the marble tournament. Maybe even for Gems next week. I don't think they are particularly worrying about where the cycles are perceived to start and end.

DeletedUser3289

This has been discussed before, several times. The expected losses are exactly the same if you do 1/4 of encounters of 4x size. The variance is higher - meaning more results further away from the mean, but it works both in positive and negative direction. The expected values are exactly the same if all other things are the same and we're talking about compression 4:1 only.
Requesting specifics please.
1. Auto or manual battling ?
2. Assuming 50% health + 50% attack, are those battles winnable (or unwinnable) at around 250% opponents?
3. If winnable on auto, % of troops consumed per encounter at 250% opponent ?

Karvest

All those specifics has nothing to do with 4 encounter per province or 1, they are the same for both cases, if you change only # of encounters per province, and leave other mechanics intact (either old one or new one).

DeletedUser3289

All those specifics has nothing to do with 4 encounter per province or 1, they are the same for both cases, if you change only # of encounters per province, and leave other mechanics intact (either old one or new one).
Requesting access to data. Not questioning you. Just trying to understand better.
Do you mean, that if I spend (say) x squads auto battling 60 provinces to round 5, I would see the same losses (x squads) in the new system.
In other words, there is no excess difficulty ?
And people claiming that these changes brought unmanageable losses are incorrect ?

DeletedUser3314

Requesting access to data. Not questioning you. Just trying to understand better.
Do you mean, that if I spend (say) x squads auto battling 60 provinces to round 5, I would see the same losses (x squads) in the new system.
In other words, there is no excess difficulty ?
And people claiming that these changes brought unmanageable losses are incorrect ?
I would be very surprised if you can make it to 60 on auto, 30 is more likely and losses will still be big. :oops:

DeletedUser3289

Or Id be happy to know that without boosters, 250% opponent sized battles are even winnable auto battling.
(Though battle simulator don’t agree with your claim, I’d trust you if you completed such auto battles)