• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Phoenix Cult

Heymrdiedier

Long time no troop buildings, mine are almost 3 chapters old now- I used to be able to rely on them 100% for those tournament weeks, but they can't keep up with my SS techs:(
maybe that was intentional, maybe too many people had these and relied on those units too much.
I think theres a reason we only have 1 training queue instead of 3, and maybe this avoided this limit too much.
Anyway i dont know if thats one of the reasons, or if there were just not enough days to put all the prizes in they wanted :)

SoggyShorts

maybe that was intentional, maybe too many people had these and relied on those units too much.
I think theres a reason we only have 1 training queue instead of 3, and maybe this avoided this limit too much.
Anyway i dont know if thats one of the reasons, or if there were just not enough days to put all the prizes in they wanted :)
Perhaps... I thought they were pretty balanced since I am giving up a couple of expansions and got these instead of 8 other prizes I could have gotten.

DeletedUser2316

I am so disappointed... After having completed all quests, logging to get the sky essence from fallen eggs multiple times a day, using only large eggs to max the feathers, and spending about half of them with double feathers, I am very far from the last prize - short by 410. With eldrasil event or previous, well, you just didn't get the last prize. But with sets - all the buildings I got are now pretty much useless. Should I had known before there was so little chance to get them I might have invested better, or not done the long event.

SoggyShorts

using only large eggs to max the feathers, and spending about half of them with double feathers
Things changed a little with the removal of runes as a reward, the small boxes now yield the most feathers, and you needed to use pretty much all of your essence on double days to get a ~50% chance of 3rd GP:(

DeletedUser2378

Is today the last daily quest or will be there be one more tomorrow? Thanks for any help! :)

DeletedUser1681

Is today the last daily quest or will be there be one more tomorrow? Thanks for any help! :)
Well, it does say something like 17h 20 mins to next quest ... but it also says 17h 20mins of event remaining.
So, nope I think it's (practically) over.

DeletedUser1163

Oh my! I built the Unobtrusive House and didn't realize what it looks like. It looks like the Orcs are
getting ready to have eggs for breakfast at their campsite. Bad Orcs! That’s a Phoenix Egg!!​

upload_2018-4-5_3-1-59.png

Heymrdiedier

my feedback of this event while it about to end:

I really liked this event. I found quests very good, very doable for both small and big players.
prizes were a bit less to my taste, but tastes differ (i know some people adore seed and mana buildings but i just dont like them), i personally like building that give you population.

setprizes had more then one chance to be obtained which is good, im not sure it was a good idea to put one of the setprizes as 3rd main prize tho. having it as first and second seems like a better idea. 3rd puts many people at risk of not getting it while they were going for full set. I acknowledge thats probably because you hope those players would spend diamonds on it, but personally i dont think its a good idea to force/trick players to spend diamonds, just give them the feeling they want to spend them. (forcing them turns into resent and no longer willing to go for set in next event)

Whishing well, well good idea to be able to get diamonds, 100 days till expiration is maybe also a good idea compared to FoE with permanent wells which result in diamond farming citys. However, i do not think the prizes you get out of the well are well balanced, the amounts you get out of it for the last chapter are demoralising compared the the size it takes in your city. (compare it to benefit of a max level house, or workshop, or manufactory in same ratio)
The diamond amount i think is fine (tho of course who wouldnt want more), im sure you caculated to find the exact sweet spot between not too much and not too few.

Jaxom

The event wasn't too bad but the set prizes were of no interest to me. I am in the last chapter and simply don't have space for a large block of buildings that don't provide enough of the two things I need, seeds and mana. Offering one of the best mana producers as the first daily prize really hurt as I could not complete enough events to win one. The early daily prizes should be smaller ones.
But overall the quests were do-able. Only time will tell if the Wishing Well is worth while. Even if I won diamonds twice a day, every day it wouldn't get me an expansion or magic residence. Since I don't buy diamonds anymore in Beta they will end up being of little value. The other rewards from it will be accepted but they are not going be significant. I will be interested to if early chapter players like the WW.

Dony

King of Bugs
However, i do not think the prizes you get out of the well are well balanced, the amounts you get out of it for the last chapter are demoralising compared the the size it takes in your city. (compare it to benefit of a max level house, or workshop, or manufactory in same ratio)
i think it would be perfect if it would be seeds/mana/random t4 instead of t3 in last chapter, even tho we would lose them overtime due decay

DeletedUser1767

Offering one of the best mana producers as the first daily prize really hurt as I could not complete enough events to win one. The early daily prizes should be smaller ones.
This was the single biggest issue I had with the event. All the seed buildings and all but one of the mana buildings came out very early. Since I don't care about the set prizes, I'm not sure if I actually want to continue doing the event for the rest of live when there's nothing I really want after the Wells. I mean, realistically I probably will, but I don't know that I want to. I wish they'd saved one of the seed buildings for after the second WW.

DeletedUser1075

This is the first event where I had no interest in any of the grand prizes. The set buildings aren't worth the space for me. Maybe the event was meant for newer players? The wishing well building is also a disappointment. 323 Elixir is a rounding error for me. I make too many supplies as it is. Ditto coins. And I got a grand total of 20 diamonds so far. I look forward to 100 days being up so I can delete it, hopefully with a few more diamonds.

DeletedUser2182

I didn't care for the grand prizes, but I saved many essences for the Burning Pool day, and there was a pool party. After the Burning Pool, all the remaining essences were spent on 14 hours instants. Amazing? No, but I'm happy with the results. :)
For an awesome reward, I would accept harder quests, but I remember hard events with awnful rewards (like the Masquerade and Robert's...). To me, it was an easy event with nice rewards: I'm glad, and so are my fellows. ;)