• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Phoenix Cult

SoggyShorts

Just wondering: do I need to feel awkward when I open fifty (that's 50 !) small chests and still don't get the wishing well ? This is by far the worst result I have ever seen since there are events. What were other's results today ?
Much more important than how many chests you open is how many ess you spent.

For an extreme example:
  • Player 1 has 140 ess, and gets 140 free ess 9 times in a row, then gets the Well.
  • Player 2 has 560 ess, gets instants 3 times, and then the Well.
Clearly player #1 was luckier at getting a building than player #2, but if you only count the number of chests opened, you could say
  • player 1 needed 10 tries to get a Well
  • player 2 needed 4 tries to get a Well
I'll bet you didn't have something crazy like 50 ess to start and rolled 50 free ess 49 times, but without knowing your start and end ess you can see how hard it is to judge your luck.
I got 9, but I have 130 ess left, so I'll give er one more spin tomorrow.
3300 Ess spent.

Dawien

Sofar I have (only?) been lucky enough to win 3 daily prizes; the Galactical Egg, Spring Flower Cage and Phoenix Pavillion. The Wishing Well is high up on my wishlist but I have spent 2x 140 essence and 1x50 today and no luck; the first one got me KP, the second one got me instant time, the third one got me KP again. Hopefully I can give it one more try before the day ends.

DeletedUser2236

Do you believe they would ever consider making a 4th chest that gives a 100% chance for the daily prize/building.
But has the drawback of not producing feathers for the grand prizes and a greater cost in essence.
Could even make it so it has only one use per day.

Elderflower

I got the well but only realised when I had placed it that it only lasts 100 days. They don't mention that at all in the information window, Anyway I have placed it and perhaps it is a good thing that it expires as I will probably need the space by then. Just glad I didn't waste too many attempts to get it.

DeletedUser802

Wishing Well expires in so and so many days...
Does this mean that just the effects of the well expire or that the whole building disappears from the map.
Or maybe the daily prize effect end but culture stays ?

From what I understand the different rewards that the well gives every day will stop in 100 days, and then the building will just be a regular culture building. That is kind of disappointing.

DeletedUser802

that building means like 500 free KPs, if that is not enough for you then i dont think you will ever be satisfied.

Excuse me, but how do you get 500 free KP from that building? As far as I can tell, it was a building that offered a boost to the very weakest military units---basically the ones that I never produce because they are of no use. Not a building that would be of much value.

I have to agree the the "double days" are offered only on days where the daily reward is mediocre at best. The only real value of those days is to advance your count so that you might be able to get the second or third grand prizes. They never attach the double days payout to the really nice buildings or to the more valuable prizes.

Dony

King of Bugs
Excuse me, but how do you get 500 free KP from that building? As far as I can tell, it was a building that offered a boost to the very weakest military units---basically the ones that I never produce because they are of no use. Not a building that would be of much value.
because you can do unlimited amount of provinces in tournament with 0 loses, thats how powerfull this buildings are, you are only limited by borders of your world map
before when it was only 10% increase it was crap, but thats not the case anymore

DeletedUser802

My problem with quests is turning up the latest one which requires me to gain 20 relics. I've only just completed a province, and to scout a new province is also going to take me almost 2 days to complete....the tournaments aren't due to start for another 2 days...and I'm 2 relics away from completing the quest which means I've missed out a whole day of double rewards.

One thing that I learned to do was to always keep at least two or three provinces open in case a special event starts. And during the event, I make sure to open new provinces as fast as I can, to make sure I have relics available. Although I can't say that I care for the "gaining relics" quests, especially when they start asking for 20 or 30 relics. the price for conquering or negotiating your way through three, four or five provinces is pretty steep.

SoggyShorts

phcult.png

Sweeeeet!

Elrondriel

Much more important than how many chests you open is how many ess you spent.

Don't know why this should be important, as I was focusing on the "statistical unusualness" (if that term exists o_O) that I experienced compared to previous experiences.

It's clear that from probability view, even if I open 1 million chests, both zero and 1 million well wins would be a valid number. But, to my understandig of stochastical effects, the higher the number of draws, the more likely it is that the total result will be similar to the single probabilites. This is why I usually use small chests, and it fitted quite good so far.

Anyway, if anyone wants to work on some math:
> attempt #1 (this morning) >> 50 small eggs opened / approx. 1000 essence inventory reduction / 0 wells (all other prices quite nicely distributed)
> attempt #2 (this evening) >> 4 small eggs opened / approx. 150 essence inventory reduction / 1 well

SoggyShorts

attempt #1 (this morning) >> 50 small eggs opened / approx. 1000 essence inventory reduction / 0 wells (all other prices quite nicely distributed)
The chances of you getting 0 buildings with 1000 essense when opening small boxes was 8.2%
The average player with 1000 ess would get 2.4 buildings

And the average number of boxes opened with 1000 essense is 34, so you got the "free" ess rolls much more often than expected, which is why you need the start/end essense in order to run an accurate statistical analysis.
Otherwise you have to work backwards from 50 boxes and basically guess at how many rolls got 50 and 90 free ess, and it's super sloppy.
Running a simulation with 1000 starting ess 1 million times and seeing what the results are is much easier(and more accurate)

attempt #2 (this evening) >> 4 small eggs opened / approx. 150 essence inventory reduction / 1 well
The chances of you winning more than zero buildings was 23.75%
The average player won 0.26 buildings

The average number of boxes opened with 150 ess is 4, so you were right on there.
Yesterday I used 3300 ess and won 9 buildings, when the average was 7.6 buildings
Today I used 140 ess and got a building after winning 140 ess the first try.
For 3440 ess the average # of boxes was 33, and I opened 31.

Credit goes to nenelar's sim found here:http://www.ballio.com/winter.php

Last edited:

Calenmir

that building means like 500 free KPs, if that is not enough for you then i dont think you will ever be satisfied.
I have no knowledge of it offering KP since it doesn't say that's what it offers, but it is for your light ranged units and useful only if you fight further it expires after 5 days and give only 63 culture points. What building were they offering you?

SoggyShorts

I have no knowledge of it offering KP since it doesn't say that's what it offers, but it is for your light ranged units and useful only if you fight further it expires after 5 days and give only 63 culture points. What building were they offering you?
Tournament provinces cleared = KP
Super overpowered archers that can 1-shot kill the enemy without ever taking damage = lots of KP.

Calenmir

Tournament provinces cleared = KP
Super overpowered archers that can 1-shot kill the enemy without ever taking damage = lots of KP.
I don't fight, so my comment stands.

ETA: Further clearing provinces is done ( by me) as needed and they are catered/negotiated - I don't power through them. So the building is of no value to me and many others.

SoggyShorts

I don't fight, so my comment stands.
ETA: Further clearing provinces is done ( by me) as needed and they are catered/negotiated - I don't power through them. So the building is of no value to me and many others.
I mean you have a barracks, you have armories, so you could train some archers....
Other double feather days are for Timer Reduction instants, if you don't use those, do they also have "no value"?

Is choosing not to use something the same thing as that something having "no value"?

I know for a fact that you use KP, so choosing not to get KP might not be the prize's fault.

Edit: In case you're wondering, yes I'm bored. Waiting to finish the event on my chapter 1 city.. it's kinda slow.

Calenmir

Clearly bored.

Just because it has value to you doesn't mean it has value to everyone NOR is their opinion of the building wrong because you don't agree. The building has no value to me. Accept that - don't accept that - I don't care.

Last edited: