• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Masquerade

SoggyShorts

But what difference is there if you have 3 maxed out ones and I have 10?
You mean my 3 max level boosted vs your 10 less than max level boosted?

The difference is space.
1 of ea.png

DeletedUser893

I do like this new feature as it makes it easier to give an opinion. As for this new event I too feel it is out extremely difficult to come up with some of the pay quest. This event and the last one just made me put building my city on hold.

DeletedUser

While that's not a completely accurate picture of what my kingdom looks like and assuming a whole lot of things. Not all level 5 factories are 2x2. I have compared my kingdom to others with the same boosted goods, I have less houses, less culture buildings, and less space used for workshops and more factories. You still have not convinced me. This is beta Soggy, have the courage to try something different.

SoggyShorts

This is beta Soggy, have the courage to try something different.
This is math Guinevere, have the will to learn something.;)
Or at least post yours and let me prove it to you.
www.elvenarchitect.com
Show me your city, and I'll show you a boosted only version with max level factories that uses less space, and makes more goods.

Not all level 5 factories are 2x2.
How about marble then?
1 of ea marble.png

Go ahead, pick another good, but
the result will still be the same.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Soggy, you're funny and I'm not going to take your insult about learning. Having courage to try something new and insulting someone are two different things.

What I do find funny is that I do have lots of boosted factories and for some reason you think this is a negative.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2115

Thank you so much for adjusting the pay quests... they were just a huge drain on our goods!! Especially for those that are in the lower chapters and didn't have the factories to produce the amounts needed.
The drain was not only on the lower level players. I am in Chapter 3 and it was very difficult coming up with 5K of my boosted goods. I heard other players complaining about the same things and the numbers they had to come up with were HORRID! :(

DeletedUser2003

Thank you so much for adjusting the pay quests... they were just a huge drain on our goods!! Especially for those that are in the lower chapters and didn't have the factories to produce the amounts needed.
I really appreciate this change too. I was stuck on the 4th quest since the first day of the event, and with the update that they just rolled out, I am able to go on with the event. So thank you for listening, and responding :)

Dhurrin

a change...SERIOUSLY?
I now have to build non boosted factories for this event as I have a quest to produce the 3 hour production for all 3 the tier1 goods.
This is getting to be completely ridiculous. Inseriously hope the sae is not going to happen for the longer productions, let alone for the tier2 and tier3 goods.
I mean, 2x3 tier1 factories to put somewherecat lvl 1, yes, I can find the space for that. But to have to do so for tier2 factories? no way. And even less so for tier3

DeletedUser1665

Guess I'll ask the question no one else is asking. In the description at my level (on live server) the 1st main prize gives Mana and the "Requirements" are 10s and a 4x3 space but it makes no mention of it having to be connected to a street?

Does this mean you can place it anywhere and it still give's Mana?

Deleted User - 60107

All buildings that produce something (doesn't matter what) require a road. This wouldn't be the first time a building's description is missing the road requirement.

SoggyShorts

Soggy, you're funny and I'm not going to take your insult about learning. Having courage to try something new and insulting someone are two different things.
I don't feel that it was an insult, all I said was that you don't seem to be willing to accept(learn from) any of the proof offered to you.
As for "courage to try something new" I have 3 accounts and have spent countless hours testing and calculating different options. Once you know the math, and can see that one option is clearly better than another, then "trying something different" = doing something worse. That's not "courage", that's dumb.
What I do find funny is that I do have lots of boosted factories and for some reason you think this is a negative.
No, what I've been proving is that a few max level factories are better than many low level ones. I even made pictures for you.:confused:

DeletedUser

Hiya soggy :D
You used examples to prove a point, but it's not how I have my kingdom set up.

The difference from what you showed and what I do, is not all of the factories are the same size. With a 20x 3 hour quest I can get it done in 6 hours. You'll either have to build more little factories or spend a whole lotta hours on it. Try this with 3 Level 15 plank factories and see just how much more population and culture you will need to produce 519 planks. I have 1 Level 15 plank factory and the rest are all smaller and different sizes. You will need more houses, more culture and a larger workshop which makes the square difference of 6.

If I want to, since I have extra population is put in a steel factory. That lowers your planks because you have to trade for it still.

Deleted User - 16636

I too have to produce all three tier 1 goods and I only have Marble boosted not steel or planks. Would be nice if the brains in charge could get it right.

DeletedUser1901

a change...SERIOUSLY?
I now have to build non boosted factories
That wasn't changed. Quests 11 and 12 needed non-boosted factories from the beginning. They did change quest 12 so that you only have to do one 24 hour production for each, instead of three for each.

Deleted User - 16636

Pretty stupid idea to make you build worthless buildings and waste resources producing non boosted materials. Thumbs up for the brain trust on this one.

SoggyShorts

@Guinevere456
What you still aren't seeing is that in my examples I have a huge amount of extra space compared to you. I can use that space to build level 1 factories for the event quests. You build on the other hand is even faster for the event, but is worse for all of the time between events.

Your way = completes event 1 day faster
My way = saves 40% of space all day every day.

Play how you like, but there is a reason everyone else upgrades their buildings.

DeletedUser

Soggy, I will, always have. But since you're not trying what I asked with the different sizes AND not including the space you have to allocate for more houses, more cultural buildings and more workshops, your example isn't a complete look at what happens to your kingdom when you max out everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

But since you're not trying what I asked with the different sizes AND not including the space you have to allocate for more houses, more cultural buildings and more workshops, your example isn't a complete look at what happens to your kingdom when you max out everything.
wrong, wrong, wrong. Did you not read the numbers I put on those examples?
1 of ea marble.png
  • The cost in supplies is always 2x production (level doesn't matter) so since they both make 660 that's a tie
  • The max city needs 959 more pop, the level 5 city needs 960 more-- Max is better
  • The max city needs 253 more culture, the level 5 city needs 270 more-- Max is better
  • The max city uses 42 squares, the level 5 city uses 60 -- Max is better
Conclusion: The level 5 city uses almost 50% more space, and needs more culture& population than the max level city.

Last edited: