• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Masquerade

DeletedUser

Okay Soggy you go ahead and leave 50% of your kingdom empty for events. What boosted only players normally say is that you can make more than one like mine, that's false. I can still trade just like you, I just don't have to trade as much. My kingdom will change routinely, maybe I'll delete a few later or add even more later. For now, the maxed out kingdoms I've seen have very little room and now are starting to delete more of their maxed out buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Okay Soggy you go ahead and leave 50% of your kingdom empty for events.
Sure I guess I could do that.....or, (this might sound crazy)..... but I could use all that extra space for more buildings.:eek:
Good luck once you reach the guest races and it takes you 2 weeks per tech because you've wasted all of your space on inefficient buildings and have no room for settlement factories.

P.S. At this point I'm going to have to assume you are just trolling as I no longer can believe that someone can be given this much info and still not understand. Well done, you got me.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I guess it all depends on what your goals are, if yours is to get through every chapter at lightning speed that may be important to you.

It's not all black and white either soggy, I'm not adding 25 factories now, I wouldn't have room and the example you used I wouldn't do as you can see in my kingdom now in beta, I have 4 of tier 1 plus 1 of all the others. It's too soon to have that many factories that you showed in the example. I scale when needed.

But enough of this, we are now on a new subject and I like the new changes they made to the event.

Elderflower

Just finished. The tournament came in handy for the relics request. I had made a resolution that in future I would not build anything (multiple workshops or level 1 goods buildings etc) just to complete quests in an event but just use the city I had. Then I had to produce non-boosted goods for this quest so that resolution had to go ;)
Like most people, I did find the pay goods part of the quest rather steep - I am in Dragons so it seems all levels were hard. And it means I can't do justice to the tournament for a few weeks because my goods are so depleted.
However I like the new garden which gives mana even if it doesn't give a lot compared to other buildings. Sometimes I have buildings in my city just because they are pretty. And the storyline was quite fun and the mysterious masked lady also amusing.
So on balance I think I liked this event and the changes you are making before it goes out in the world will definitely improve it.

SoggyShorts

I guess it all depends on what your goals are, if yours is to get through every chapter at lightning speed that may be important to you.

But enough of this, we are now on a new subject and I like the new changes they made to the event.

Sorry, but I just can't leave it like that without asking
Exactly which goals are better accomplished by having less space available?o_O

DeletedUser

Oh Soggy, I just don't believe you on this, not at the levels I am. I see enough people at my level who have more than 3 of their boosted factories, more houses and no space for wonders or anything else but culture. If you hover over their ranking, it shows just how much population and culture they need.

Just looking at members in your beta fellowship, who are closer in chapter to me, they have more than 3 boosted factories or only 2 to make room for guest race factories . And a lot of wonders are missing too.

Again, the example you used, was only to try and prove your point and not completely accurate. There aren't any guest races at that level. Maybe later it will work, but then again maybe later in new chapters you're going to need 6 boosted factories of each and rebuild all of the ones you just deleted.

I made my avatar just for you, I hope you like it.

Lissona

It is about time to understand, that not everyone here plays the same way, although we are playing the same game. And there are a lot more playstyles which aren't represented or mainstream on the forums, but they all are part of "the community". And Guinevere456 is an ideal example why all the complaints on the forum which pretend to represent "the community" don't represent "the community" at all...

SoggyShorts

Again, the example you used, was only to try and prove your point and not completely accurate.
Would you be willing to share your elvenarchitect for one of your cities so that I can make an accurate example then?

It is about time to understand, that not everyone here plays the same way, although we are playing the same game. And there are a lot more playstyles which aren't represented or mainstream on the forums
That isn't what this is about. If someone said they want to keep low level buildings because they think they are prettier, that's fine. But if they believe that they are more space-efficient, that is wrong.
Personal taste and playstyle are subjective- math is not.