• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

UlyssesBlue

I have usually skipped the third map as the rewards didn't seem worth the extra effort considering I could just wait a few days and do the first map again, for a similar result but much lower cost.
I am not claiming that it's the best value out there - it really depends, the law if diminishing returns still applies. But it's not either/or proposition. You can hit this 3rd level, and the next Spire's level 1 will still be there for you.
Not necessarily. The spire is very expensive. If I spend so many resources on the spire one week that the next week I am unable to finish map 2, then it will be cheaper to do 2 maps every week than to do it in cycles of 3 maps, 1 map, and get roughly the same result either way. This is especially true for my main city, which needs to spend sentient goods on the spire, and these are in relatively short supply.

This is very city dependent though. What's true for my city won't necessarily be true for another city.

Deleted User - 81190

This is very city dependent though. What's true for my city won't necessarily be true for another city.
Indeed. I am done with chapter 15, and have no issues clearing the whole Spire every week. During chapter 15, and before team rewards arrived, I would usually stop at the first gate on the 3rd level (the chest with the last teleport) - because sentients were very tight.

Dony

King of Bugs
Trophies should be in tooltips on chest 4,8,12 in spire progess overview aswell, to inspire members, not only in fellowship overview tab

DeletedUser2803

Trophies should be in tooltips on chest 4,8,12 in spire progess overview aswell, to inspire members, not only in fellowship overview tab
It is not a personal reward though. It is also rewarded when no player reaches the chest. As long as the chest is unlocked by the fellowship it is granted. While for regular rewards it needs to be unlocked by fellowship and reached by the individual player.

Jackluyt

Please explain the trophies!
Will they give any actual awards to the individuals or fellowship - or are they just for bragging rights??
:)

DeletedUser2524

Wonder if they could add a real trophy - just so we could disenchant it ??

Dony

King of Bugs
It is not a personal reward though. It is also rewarded when no player reaches the chest. As long as the chest is unlocked by the fellowship it is granted. While for regular rewards it needs to be unlocked by fellowship and reached by the individual player.
i quite dont understand what you are talking about, when you enter spire and click on the progress bar on the left
you can mouse over any waypoint to see what your felowship will get on the end, what i am talking about is in that tooltip there should be also visible trophy, because thats what they get as a fellowship aswell

edeba

I don't get it. Extra ranking points for the fellowship from the FA really don't do anything, and this is just FS brag thing, that stays with the FS if you move on?

Why not give everyone a trophy and make eventually able to trade in for something.

Dony

King of Bugs
I don't get it.
Its very simple, as a player who wants to play spire searching for FSs which can offer that, right now we could only see progress from last week, with trophies you can now decide if that FS has consistent progress or it was a 1-time thing.
And i would rather have this in game, then searhing for it on 3rd party sites

CrazyWizard

Its very simple, as a player who wants to play spire searching for FSs which can offer that, right now we could only see progress from last week, with trophies you can now decide if that FS has consistent progress or it was a 1-time thing.
And i would rather have this in game, then searhing for it on 3rd party sites

not really, unless it's one that gets 1330 points.

The gap between silver and gold is absolutly huge!
Where silver is granted with barely any effort, and gold is insane. there's a giant middle ground between those trophies, so the last result to me tells me more that those tropies.
Simply because silver is only silver.

Deleted User - 81190

tournament with BP is exactly the same, you either get it or not, all other prizes are fillers
The difference is that there are quite a few 10 chest FS out there. I don't know if there are any FS out there hitting the Gold (max) rank. I know for a fact that some servers at least have none whatsoever.

I would make sense to award trophies for chests 10, 11 and 12 if they want to stick with 3 ranks only. These would be at least somewhat meaningful.

CrazyWizard

tournament with BP is exactly the same, you either get it or not, all other prizes are fillers

it's:
  • A: way way way way way easier to achieve
  • B: actually a prize
You said the thropies will say somthing but even in prizes there is a huge difference between silver A, B, C and D.
the difference in prizes between silver and silve +3 =

18 5h boosters + 12 catalists vs 33 5h boosters + 22 catalists

Both guilds are silver but the latter gives almost 100% more prizes than the first.

Thats not an insifnificant amount, for this reason silver tells you nothing and the last result(s) tell you more then those trophies

Dony

King of Bugs
for me it tells everything, bronze is for FS who doesnt even know it exists, silver is for average FS, and gold for FS where majority following the same path, similar to fellowship adventure where first prizes are not existent and players are still doing it for getting first 3 places
i do agree there should he 4th trophy for 10 chests in tournament

DeletedUser1953

Why do not add guild bonus ?
Like +1% gold by bronze trophies, +1% mat. by silver, +0.1% HP/gold ? (probably with a cap to 50x).

Trophies for tournament seems a logical path !