• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

Jackluyt

My two cents worth!
IMO, The multiplayer Spire is a great success! Fellowships doing just the first two stages are getting a load of really useful items - and everyone gets in proportion to what they give. There is still a room for improvement though:
1. The prizes are boring. It would be so easy to sneak in some surprise mystery items.
2. It is too easy to run out of goods halfway through an encounter. The Spire screen blocks off your top menu bar, so you don't see what you are using. This could be easily fixed.
3. Stage Three is wickedly expensive. Very few of my fellowship bother with it, stopping at Stage Two. Is this the intention?
4. For players who do not do either Guest Races and / or Set Buildings, there is too much worthless clutter among the prizes Also too many Spell fragments. I have tons of Portal Profits for which my only use is Disenchantment. It would be nice to see fewer of these.
5. Poor incentive: The strong point about Fellowship Adventures is that there is a Leader Board where fellowships can track their progress and compare to other groups; there are different special prizes that give incentive to players to get involved. A similar leader board for the Spire with a special Prize / Prizes for the top fellowship would do a lot to get reluctant players involved.
6. While on the subject, a similar Leader Board would also help to popularize the Tournaments!

I hope someone passes these suggestions to the design team

Happy Christmas!!

80716180_10215515585503396_3559590760879751168_n.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

My two cents worth!
IMO, The multiplayer Spire is a great success! Fellowships doing just the first two stages are getting a load of really useful items - and everyone gets in proportion to what they give. There is still a room for improvement though:
1. The prizes are boring. It would be so easy to sneak in some surprise mystery items.
2. It is too easy to run out of goods halfway through an encounter. The Spire screen blocks off your top menu bar, so you don't see what you are using. This could be easily fixed.
3. Stage Three is wickedly expensive. Very few of my fellowship bother with it, stopping at Stage Two. Is this the intention?
4. For players who do not do either Guest Races and / or Set Buildings, there is too much worthless clutter among the prizes Also too many Spell fragments. I have tons of Portal Profits for which my only use is Disenchantment. It would be nice to see fewer of these.
5. Poor incentive: The strong point about Fellowship Adventures is that there is a Leader Board where fellowships can track their progress and compare to other groups; there are different special prizes that give incentive to players to get involved. A similar leader board for the Spire with a special Prize / Prizes for the top fellowship would do a lot to get reluctant players involved.
6. While on the subject, a similar Leader Board would also help to popularize the Tournaments!

I hope someone passes these suggestions to the design team

Happy Christmas!!

80716180_10215515585503396_3559590760879751168_n.jpg

Please no leaderboards!, this is what I like most about the spire.
We have absolutly no problem motivating out players, also the spire is to "fixed" for a leaderboard there is no endless part in it like FSA,
This means it would be over time become a leaderboard about who reaches the end first instead a meaningfull score.

If you have to many spell fragments, please start crafting whats the whole point of getting them. this will reward you with event currency, KP, buildings or diamonds trough the mystery chest.

Stage 3 is wickedly expensive indeed, yet last week i still sneaked in 2 stages because it was worth it, though it costed me some of my granted "free diamonds2 to do so. it still was worth it.
I hope some day in the future we might like on FoE see an option somehow to get an aditional turn, this would make the 3rd stage more than possible.

About the poor incentive, it totally depends on your style of play, I actually play the spire because for me "its worth it" its both fun and the goodies we get are awesome if you know how to use them.
So far in our guild we have no trouble motivating players, those who understand love it, some who don't understand also love it because they just do. and a few don't get it, but overall no problems here.

Portal profits and set buildings are useless to me as well, but I am aware that many love both.
I am blessed with some old event sets that are just awesome. lets make sure we keep it fun for those players and not remove or lower them in favor of a bunch of end gamers who no longer have use for that stuff.

In the current spire we currently have 16 players between de end of stage 1 and the end of stage 2, with 20 players joining the fun.
If you compare that to the early days of the tournaments those numbers are awesome.

Jackluyt

It would be so easy to pop in a mystery item every week.
That would really spice things up for everyone!
The present repetition of same things is already growing a little boring...

Happy Holidays!!

maxiqbert

I'd like to have not a mystery item but an artefact. Could be rotating between all the old things.
it could be in the "end of second level" collective chest

edeba

Spire is expensive to complete. An artifact as a possible prize would a very nice prize. I think a universal artifact would be nice.

iDavis

@edeba no it would be not (if you mean that universal artifact which would destroy future event players effort and balance between animal and non-animal evolving buildings (since most of players would use them only for bears and phoenixes)).

CrazyWizard

I think they were also crystal clear about universal artefacts being a no-go.

So pointless to keep asking for somthing they said will never happen.

DeletedUser1462

What happens with my progress at the spire when i change fellowships? is it transferred to the new fellowship? do i lose access to the spire?

CrazyWizard

What happens with my progress at the spire when i change fellowships? is it transferred to the new fellowship? do i lose access to the spire?

The progress made in the old fellowship towards the fellowship points stay with the old fellowship, points made in the new fellowship count towards that fellowship pool.

Your personal progress doesnt change

Deleted User - 62044

I think they were also crystal clear about universal artefacts being a no-go.

So pointless to keep asking for somthing they said will never happen.

not universal artefacts ???????? soo
1.- the evolution buildings are dead too, if i never can uploaded i will sell them all
2.- and Fellowship adventures are dead!!!!!! , the rewards of fellowship adventures absoluty useless

Lushette

What would be nice is a decent prize if you manage to complete the whole spire above and beyond what you get from the FS effort.

UlyssesBlue

The last boss chest is pretty decent.
Really? I thought it wasn't significantly different to the other boss chests? Correct me if I'm wrong - I can't look it up right now as the spire isn't active.

I have usually skipped the third map as the rewards didn't seem worth the extra effort considering I could just wait a few days and do the first map again, for a similar result but much lower cost.

palmira

Really? I thought it wasn't significantly different to the other boss chests? Correct me if I'm wrong - I can't look it up right now as the spire isn't active.

I have usually skipped the third map as the rewards didn't seem worth the extra effort considering I could just wait a few days and do the first map again, for a similar result but much lower cost.
The last boss drops armorers and genies at a very decent rate, last spire got one genie in beta and an armorer live.

CrazyWizard

The last boss chest is pretty decent.

To be fair I find the last boss to be the worst of the 3 bosses,
But I don't know yet how to spice it up without changing the first 2 bosses, those first 2 are driving many players to that goal. as both are reachable (chance for a magic house and workshop)

Each chest has 20% chance on a dwarven armory, but a ghost can't compare to the other 2. at least not for the average user. it just ain't as cool. even if the chance is higher.

Maybe add some random box could be cool.
In that box a random building from former events could be picked, like Rise of the Phoenix, Venars Rock III, Tower of the Winter King, The Great Auction, Barones Estrella's Masquerade, The Great Ferstivity of the Mendaci, Menhirok's Barrow, Scream of Halloween, Evil Windmill, A Homestead and two baby buggies,

A nice mix between awesome buildings and cool former prizes that look awesome, something for everyone. I forgot the name of the other first halloween prize, scream of halloween was the best of the two statwise but had not so great looks, the other was a culture building that looked awesome.
That one might be a nice contender for such a prize pool as well.

Deleted User - 81190

I am not claiming that it's the best value out there - it really depends, the law if diminishing returns still applies. But it's not either/or proposition. You can hit this 3rd level, and the next Spire's level 1 will still be there for you.

To be fair I find the last boss to be the worst of the 3 bosses,
But I don't know yet how to spice it up without changing the first 2 bosses, those first 2 are driving many players to that goal. as both are reachable (chance for a magic house and workshop)
This might be true (depends on your perspective), but it doesn't mean that it's not good ;) And if I'd be in earlier chapters, I'd much rather take Genie than a magic building. They're just a hassle when you have a lot of upgrades in front of you. And in the end game, some people already have nothing but magic buildings. IIRC there is nothing in the last chest that I am not happy to get (well, the Library nowadays because I am stocked, but it is a very low percentage).

Getting random buildings from the last chest may turn out to be an expensive way of getting junk. Case in point - Mystery Object in MA. When was the last time you were excited about getting a buildings from the MO? ;)

CrazyWizard

I am not claiming that it's the best value out there - it really depends, the law if diminishing returns still applies. But it's not either/or proposition. You can hit this 3rd level, and the next Spire's level 1 will still be there for you.

This might be true (depends on your perspective), but it doesn't mean that it's not good ;) And if I'd be in earlier chapters, I'd much rather take Genie than a magic building. They're just a hassle when you have a lot of upgrades in front of you. And in the end game, some people already have nothing but magic buildings. IIRC there is nothing in the last chest that I am not happy to get (well, the Library nowadays because I am stocked, but it is a very low percentage).

Getting random buildings from the last chest may turn out to be an expensive way of getting junk. Case in point - Mystery Object in MA. When was the last time you were excited about getting a buildings from the MO? ;)

Oh when venars II was in there and when that was one of the best pop/culture buildings we could get?
but that building was gone quite quickly. I actively hunted for it and got it to update my existing ancient one who was lightyears behind in upgrades.

A minute chance for a Tower of the Winter King, I would go for it, just like I go for a 5% chance for a workshop.

These day's I am stocking chests for a chance to use them during an event that has an item I absolutly want top complete.