• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Runeshard Changes

Jackluyt

That's not true. The only pros of endless chains is simplicity. With runes exchange they became more annoying due to endless spam and even less fair than they was. The most active players will get the most profit from less active players.

For me, simplicity is everything, after 4 years of being an active and involved ArchMage 24/7 and 365/365. That is why my fellowships are happy and drama-free - but still get top results in all formats. We have only two rules (no AWOL and no rudeness) - and it works very well without spreadsheets and other high-Admin inventions that people love tacking on to what is a very simple game, actually.
I spend a heck of a lot of time working out new, simpler ways of doing things - and it pays off!
KEEP THINGS SIMPLE is our motto. But I do agree that there are other ways to play, for people who love complication.
:) :p

edeba

btw, after runes exchange I have no problems with finding the place for daily free KP from perk in our net0 as now there are many AWs leveled every day.
So many AW leveling... I think it was about 300/week the first two weeks and slowed to about 200 this past week... I thought it would have slowed down more, but what I noticed was way more levels from players who had not done as many the first two weeks.

SoggyShorts

Endless Chain swap threads - they are the simplest and fairest
False. It is incredibly unfair and massively favors the 5 most active players in any FS, and with the rune change, this got 100% worse.
Simple? Sure.
Fair? Hell no.
Marindor has asked us NOT to discuss the mechanics of the lock in detail
False. He asked us not to discuss it in this thread.
they have no intention of telling us exactly which criteria they are applying to activate it
Irrelevant. Karvest figured it out in a day and told us.

Alcaro

we are just continuing as usual with our Endless Chain swap threads - they are the simplest and fairest, despite the complicated other bells-and-whistles systems that people are constantly dreaming up.
First of all, do not slander systems you most probably never used. Simple isn't always most efficient. Swap threads are simple but in any circumstance fair.
Second, we do not only dream at those systems, we ARE USING THEM successfully. Just because we have our little arguments about who's system is better aso, doesn't mean that we don't acknowledge the efficiency and fairness of our "bells and whistles".

SyreArca

Ex-Team Member
Hey all.
Please respect everyone's preference of how to play our beloved game.
If a refresher is needed on Forum rules, you can find them here: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?pages/forum_rules/

Please keep your posts polite, constructive, without telling others what to do in the game, no CAPS, repetitive arguments, etc.

Do please feel free to give your feedback on how your own play style fits or not with this new feature.
We value and encourage everyone's personal opinions here.
Reversely, we discourage anyone putting down another players preferred method(s) of playing Elvenar (excluding push account... I think we can all agree on this one ;)).
We will remove further posts of any repetitive arguing over whose KP exchange system is "better". Please do feel free to express why your KP exchange works well for you, without bringing up other KP exchange systems that may work well for others.
You are always welcome to report any comment and we will be happy to take a look at the post for you. No need to continue any further arguing on the matter.
Let's stay on topic and leave thoughts on any other fellowship's ways of playing out of this thread.
Thank you and game on! :)

Lelanya

So
This feature has hit the International server, where I AM two FSs, and here I am on the horns of a dilemma. I already have a 15 and a 30 KP swap thread. So do I risk folks confusing either of those with a rune shard exchange thread? In one FS we exchange a lot, so I could probably get away with a 45, which would be a unique swap thread, surely. But for our smallest two there, and our bottom half in the other FS, this us unfair to expect them to have 3 shards at a time, or even that much room in some of their Wonders
I also have a concern about players who have been playing, say, 6 to 20 months. How are they supposed to get rune shards for Wonders, I am going to say, Orc level and up? When their only source for the Rune shards, for Wonders that they haven't unlocked, is an exchange system that is now stacked against them. It seems like, a solution was found for 'new' players complaints (that have never hit a rune lock), or for those who've played for years, but how about the rest of the playerbase.

Karvest

With this change Inno just assigned 15AWKP value to all runeshards. If you want to get runes from exchange system - just pay AWKP, if you don't need some anymore - invest them into AW and get your AWKP back. There is no difference if you receive/pay AWKP or rune now (except the runes for AWs that nobody levels up).

edeba

So
This feature has hit the International server, where I AM two FSs, and here I am on the horns of a dilemma. I already have a 15 and a 30 KP swap thread. So do I risk folks confusing either of those with a rune shard exchange thread? In one FS we exchange a lot, so I could probably get away with a 45, which would be a unique swap thread, surely. But for our smallest two there, and our bottom half in the other FS, this us unfair to expect them to have 3 shards at a time, or even that much room in some of their Wonders
I also have a concern about players who have been playing, say, 6 to 20 months. How are they supposed to get rune shards for Wonders, I am going to say, Orc level and up? When their only source for the Rune shards, for Wonders that they haven't unlocked, is an exchange system that is now stacked against them. It seems like, a solution was found for 'new' players complaints (that have never hit a rune lock), or for those who've played for years, but how about the rest of the playerbase.
What is the international server?

Jackluyt

What is the international server?
EN / International server covers Britain and most other English speaking countries outside of North America, notably Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
From time to time (like now) it functions as a 'second Beta' when the designers want to test a new concept on a bigger group of players than they have available here in Open Beta.

edeba

EN, International, English, the second serve in the drop down menu. It's my home field, as I am Canadian, I picked it over US because we spell words the same. :)
Yes, but certainly do not have the same meaning. I taught in Britain for a period and the boys had this strange habit of changing for gym in my class. They had their gym shorts under their pants, and I kept saying keep your pants on. I got the strangest looks and I was saying this for months until one of the girls said, "miss, when you say pants do you mean trousers?" At that point I realized I had been instructing the boys to leave their underwear on for months...

Lelanya

Yes, but certainly do not have the same meaning. I taught in Britain for a period and the boys had this strange habit of changing for gym in my class. They had their gym shorts under their pants, and I kept saying keep your pants on. I got the strangest looks and I was saying this for months until one of the girls said, "miss, when you say pants do you mean trousers?" At that point I realized I had been instructing the boys to leave their underwear on for months...
LOLOL
Yes I have some amusing conversations at times.

Uffauffa

So... this is the real meaning of your "I Quit!" signature... :D :D :D

ekarat

So

Why not just let people mix runes and KP, if they wish?

DeletedUser3726

An additional benefit wil be that people use shards to level up there wonders. then hit a 5 level barrier without shards left and are stuck so spend some diamonds to unluck the next level.
Looks thike there is a buisness idea behind this change as well ;)
There always is :D