• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Robert Readbeard QLE

SoggyShorts

I want THAT MH!! My level 19 Fairies MH gives me 21,000 coins per visit. My Halflings level 27 is only 44,000 coins per visit. I'm moving to your world Soggy!! LOL :rolleyes::p:D
Hehehe I was looking at wrong column, thought I got my edit in before anyone saw
nerdrage.jpg

DeletedUser1163

You should really consider checking spoiler threads to be prepared in advance. The events are possible with zero spoilers, but only if your city is designed for it.
I do check GemsofKnowledge message thread. I am not the only one who thinks these quests need to be thought out carefully. It must be nice not to have any problems with these events. You are always criticizing my playstyle, and no matter what I say, you always disagree. If I hadn't overscouted, I would not be struggling through these events. But there are other players who just started playing Elvenar and they are also struggling to complete these events, and about to leave Elvenar because of the repetitious and time-consuming quests. I hope the FA has improved. If not, that might just be the reason for more players leaving Elvenar.

Your comments are very upsetting.

SoggyShorts

Your comments are very upsetting.
Offering advice on how you can more easily overcome an obstacle is upsetting?

There are 2 possibilities for making events easier:
1. Inno can make them easier.
2. You can make them easier.

By all means, continue to ask for #1, but until that wish comes true, or in case it never does, there is #2

Last edited:

Deleted User - 86059

Please stay on topic and give feedback on the QLE as it will be more helpful for future events and remember we all play in our own style and suit ourselves not each other ;)

SoggyShorts

Please stay on topic and give feedback on the QLE
Here's my feedback then:
I think that the event (both parts) had very reasonable quests, and the tiny amount of planning needed to complete them in the time provided was entirely fair.
Please do not make them any easier just for players who refuse to tweak their playstyle in order to very easily complete the tasks, as it will remove all semblance of challenge from the events.

Dony

King of Bugs
it wont be on live this week i am sure, here in beta its in version 1.47, and we need 1.46 on live servers first

DeletedUser1163

You may wish to show your FS members how to complete events on their own. "Teach a man to fish...."
I appreciate advice but SoggyShorts, it seems you’re telling me how I should be playing this game, and how I should be running my guild. Usually toward the end of an event is when my guild needs a wee bit of help. That’s because of the back-to-back quests demanding “Gain Relics” and “Solve Encounters”. We have some new recruits and they find these events straining on their city’s economy and difficult and frustrating to get so far only to find out they can’t finish the event because they’ve run out of resources or time.

Thanks to GemsofKnowledge creating spoiler threads for events, it helps us know ahead of time what quests to expect. What I am complaining about is the back-to-back quests to gain a huge amount of relics and solve numerous encounters. If they haven’t already done so, this could cause some players to overscout. It would help many Elvenar players if the game developers included “OR” in some quests.

These quests always seem to be at the end of an event when the tournament is closed. Those of us who can’t or don’t want to fight/negotiate on the World Map provinces, rely on the tournaments to “Gain Relics”. I would love to see the tournaments remain open during an event, and allow solving encounters in the tournaments count toward “Solving Encounters”.

After this last event, I am planning on having 3-4, maybe more, provinces already scouted. Someone suggested to cut back on helping my neighbors and fellowship trade goods. That I will not do. I play Elvenar to help others, design my city the way I like, and have fun along the way.

SoggyShorts

I appreciate advice but SoggyShorts, it seems you’re telling me how I should be playing this game, and how I should be running my guild.
To be clear, no, I am not telling you how to play or manage your FS, I am telling you that there are options and strategies available to you.

If you mention a problem that you are having, there are 2 possible fixes.
1. The developers can change things.
2. You can change things.

Since I am not a developer, I (and basically everyone else reading your posts) can only offer ideas for #2.
The other option is to give support for your ideas of #1, but since I found the event to have a very fair level of challenge, I do not agree that they should be made even easier.
. Someone suggested to cut back on helping my neighbors and fellowship trade goods. That I will not do.
You said you ran out of goods to help your FS members.
One possible solution is to recommend that your fellows produce more goods on their own so that they don't need help, or save up a small stockpile for emergencies.
If you run out of goods helping them, does this not imply that what you are doing isn't sustainable?

I, like you, very much enjoy helping my fellows out when they need it. I would also never stop doing that.
However since I also offer my fellows advice(when asked) on how they can make more on their own, or keep costs low, they need less help.
. I play Elvenar to help others, design my city the way I like, and have fun along the way.
Of course you do, I imagine everyone does. I'm afraid that you may have to accept that every playstyle might not be equal when it comes to event completion.

If you can come up with some quest ideas that can make things easier for casual players and keep things challenging for others, you'll have my full support.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

it wont be on live this week i am sure, here in beta its in version 1.47, and we need 1.46 on live servers first
So after almost a year of asking them to give beta 2 weeks instead of 1 for bug fixing and tweaking they decide to do it when I want a chapter 12 red beard? That figures lol.

DeletedUser1163

So what was the moral of this story?
Crime does pay, if you’re friendly with the law?
Redbeard is guilty of the crimes of murder, poaching, and looting.

He bribed a Justiciar, destroyed ancient books,
and enslaved house-goblins to be cooks.

Remember Redbeard’s Mercenary Game? Oh, how our memories fade.
His house-goblin ordered two hundred mercenaries to go on a raid.

When they answered his call, they found out it was just a prank.
A competition between 200 and one Orc who was fat and drank.

This Orc was brutal and powerful, with skin as strong as a rock wall.
Alas, the brave and courageous mercenaries knew they would fall.

Into the valley of Death, rode the two hundred. Unlike Alfred
Lord Tennyson’s poem about The Charge of the Light Brigade,
Robert Redbeard killed them all.

Heymrdiedier

So after almost a year of asking them to give beta 2 weeks instead of 1 for bug fixing and tweaking they decide to do it when I want a chapter 12 red beard? That figures lol.
guest races have always been on live 2 weeks later then on beta. (a major version every 2 weeks, and new guestrace usually on day 1 of the new version).
Tho thanks to daily updates we got it faster on beta now, which i think means we get a 3 week or more difference now.

Honestly i tought we would have gotten 1.46 on live yesterday. but we havent yet, so i think we at least still have to wait 2 more weeks.

Deleted User - 60107

Honestly i tought we would have gotten 1.46 on live yesterday. but we havent yet, so i think we at least still have to wait 2 more weeks.
I don't know where you play, but on the EN server we are at version 1.46.1, so version 1.46 is on live already.

Heymrdiedier

I don't know where you play, but on the EN server we are at version 1.46.1, so version 1.46 is on live already.
En usually gets a 2 day preview. that means they get he update on tuesday and the live worlds on thursday. The fact that EN got the update yesterday is late, but at least is good news, that means we can expect 1.46 soon aswell.

Deleted User - 60107

I just had a look at the US forum, and the announcement there says you'll get 1.46 on the 29th (Monday). No idea why the (unusually large) difference between the servers.