• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Robert Readbeard QLE

DeletedUser1163

There are only Hard and Very Hard provinces left for me to scout. Being in the Fairy's Chapter, I have no option but to negotiate when a quest asks to Solve a # of Encounters or Gain a # of Relics. I can still fight in the tournaments but I've noticed the tournament is usually closed when I reach this quest. So, if I'm running out of time to complete the event, I will need to get the relics from the World Map provinces.

When you negotiate in the Hard Provinces, the goods requirement is very high. After completing this event, I've depleted my goods storage. I'm left with no more than 100-200 of each good to trade or negotiate. At the moment, I'm unable to help my fellowship and my neighbors with the goods they need to complete the event.

For these events, the game developers should allow encounters in the tournaments to count toward solving encounters.

DeletedUser1163

If you like this video and would like to see more from us, click on 'Like' and 'Subscribe'!
This helps us to get our product out to a wider audience.
A lot of work went into creating this website which contains very useful information. Thank you. I only have one complaint. Cannot understand the narrator who walks us through this event. His voice gets low so I'm constantly raising and lowering my volume in order to hear him, and his accent makes it difficult for me to understand what is being said.

DeletedUser1163

I can do the relics with the tournament or provinces, it is just the amount of goods required. I can't battle the provinces anymore and goods cost has gotten into this range that it takes me a couple days to make enough enough to clear one province. I've gotten a few uneven trades in my fellowship and also cross tier trades for tier 1. I guess I will do an estimate of what I need and see if I get help. And then I'm also tech locked for needing goods.
Sounds like these events are becoming more of a chore instead of being fun.

DeletedUser1163

Here are my final comments for this Robert Redbeard Quest Line Event.

Weaving the story into poetry was well done.
This can make the quests a wee bit more fun.
The topic should have been more sensitive
for us elves who believe animals deserve to live.

Some people think poetry is for the birds. But it can touch your heart with just a wee bit of words.

edeba

I have no interest in further scouting because there are no more expansions for me to collect and I am already owed an expansion. I think you need to come up with something different than both completing a province and solving encounters or give us a bigger map for expansions. The benefits for the map have been slaughtered and the set up to encourage it just to slaughter it and then sticking further map requirement into the quests is really negative.

ALdbeign

The benefits for the map have been slaughtered and the set up to encourage it just to slaughter it and then sticking further map requirement into the quests is really negative.
Slightly off topic here (my response, not your comment which i mostly agree with) but the devs have added value to completing provinces in a very significant way via how wonder benefit is calculated, the dragon abbey alone has me wanting to increase my scouting. (mind you i completely agree that their solve encounter and gain relic quests are sadistic at best).

As to the reason i wanted to post lol...

I actually managed to finish this pt2 event and given my meager abilities and resources on beta, i will say 5 days is doable.

However, i would have to give this event a grade of D- (or maybe F+ :p)

Issue #1 the quest prizes: relics, getting 1 of each relic or 2. there was the occasional KP in there (and coins/hammers of low value), but no instants, very disappointing.

Issue #2 the grand prizes: very mediocre. I might plant them on beta just because I tend to plant things on beta (when I have room) but there is no way you will see them in my live city.

Issue #3 the costs. scouting 5 provinces min to cover the encounters (technically 4.25 but you cant scout 1/4 of a province so...), buying 28 kp and then another 68 relics (which can be gotten from the tourney but for some that will be a lot). these exceed the value of the rewards by a large margin even not counting the space needed to handle the repetitive tasks within the time frame allotted.

Issue #4 the timing: on the tail end of a major event is just terrible timing and more importantly, inconsiderate of the players. Starting the next guest race before the event is even over is even worse. assuming you do this on the live server as well, we will have a set with pieces from two different chapters which is a bit annoying.

My "benefit of the doubt" for the reason you threw this event at us is to test out the ability to do events on the mobile app.

If this is correct then it is still fail because you can't possibly get all of those relics without the tourney which you still can't do on the mobile (and i would say is a higher priority than events).

Thanks for reading :)
ALdbeign

DeletedUser1163

I can’t believe the 2nd part of this Orc story has started up so soon. My goods supply is still very low from the 1st part. The game devs don’t give us a chance to recoup our losses. Since I’m three hours earlier than my team mates, no one is around to trade back and forth with me. Arrrr! I’m up to the 3rd quest to “Gain a small amount of Marble” and already I am frustrated. Can’t even trade with the crooked Wholesale because Marble is one of my boosted goods.

If the dwarves stop by to visit me, they will be very grumpy when they see what I’ve done. Their jovial Wayfarer’s Tavern has been demolished to make room for Steel and Planks Manufactories. The building gave me 420 additional population but instead of losing 420 citizens, I lost 460. What!?

edeba

Do you have population wonders? I think they mess up the numbers.

I can’t believe the 2nd part of this Orc story has started up so soon. My goods supply is still very low from the 1st part. The game devs don’t give us a chance to recoup our losses. Since I’m three hours earlier than my team mates, no one is around to trade back and forth with me. Arrrr! I’m up to the 3rd quest to “Gain a small amount of Marble” and already I am frustrated. Can’t even trade with the crooked Wholesale because Marble is one of my boosted goods.

If the dwarves stop by to visit me, they will be very grumpy when they see what I’ve done. Their jovial Wayfarer’s Tavern has been demolished to make room for Steel and Planks Manufactories. The building gave me 420 additional population but instead of losing 420 citizens, I lost 460. What!?

Loki Blue

Here are my final comments for this Robert Redbeard Quest Line Event.

Weaving the story into poetry was well done.
This can make the quests a wee bit more fun.
The topic should have been more sensitive
for us elves who believe animals deserve to live.

Some people think poetry is for the birds. But it can touch your heart with just a wee bit of words.

Of all your posts I've read, this is the one I agree with the most. I'd like to add one thing:

hqdefault.jpg

Not a cool storyline, in my opinion.​

Heymrdiedier

Guess they forgot to put in new guest race first and activated part II of the event instead. :p
No announcement has been made, not even in release notes. o_O

they made the announcement of both parts together? just like they did for masquerade? For masquerade we also didnt get a seperate announcement for part 2. Altho on beta it was kinda different then since our part 2 came after live release because of FA

DeletedUser1250

I have no interest in further scouting because there are no more expansions for me to collect and I am already owed an expansion. I think you need to come up with something different than both completing a province and solving encounters or give us a bigger map for expansions. The benefits for the map have been slaughtered and the set up to encourage it just to slaughter it and then sticking further map requirement into the quests is really negative.

I agree. This is one of the most frustrating quests. First I scouted as far as I could, because it gave me expansions. Of course I noticed it became harder and more expensive, but I didn't think about it and went on scouting. Then the orcs came and suddenly I heard I went way too far away from my city and that it was not meant to do so. So I took a scouting break and stopped scouting for weeks or even months. Then the seeds were introduced. And suddenly the completed provinces were important to get enough seeds. So I started scouting again, because I really needed seeds. Then after the halflings the long waiting started, but I went on with the scouting, thinking the next chapter would need even more seeds.
Then I found out there is a maximum of the expansions. So now I completed 458 provinces and now what?
I want to stop scouting! And I don't want to be forced to scout again for an event. I also don't want to solve encounters, because then I will have to scout
I can scout, it will still give me kp, but I don't want to scout anymore. It will only become more expensive and give no expansions.

But for a player that has not reached the maximum yet and especially for players in lower chapters, that quest is often fine.

So why not give us a choice, like we had before? Scout a province or spend 25 kp. Scout a province or train 2500 orcs. Scout a province or collect 100.000 mana (or 25.000 seeds) Solve 12 encounters or gain 15 relics for example.
I think players who have completed 457 provinces will all have the possibility to collect mana or seeds in their city, players who can't collect mana or seeds will be able to scout, so that should work.

DeletedUser1767

So why not give us a choice, like we had before? Scout a province or spend 25 kp. Scout a province or train 2500 orcs. Scout a province or collect 100.000 mana (or 25.000 seeds) Solve 12 encounters or gain 15 relics for example.
I think players who have completed 457 provinces will all have the possibility to collect mana or seeds in their city, players who can't collect mana or seeds will be able to scout, so that should work.
Completely agreed. I appreciate that they usually keep later-chapter stuff out of event questlines so that the lower-level players can still participate, but if there are higher-level players who can't feasibly do scouting/encounter/upgrade/unlocking quests, wouldn't offering the option to do quests involving later chapter stuff make everyone happier?

Most of the other games I play, you don't get the chance to participate in events until you hit level X. It's neat that Elvenar wants that functionality to be available to everyone, but the greater the difference between a beginning player and an advanced player becomes, the more advanced players are getting asked to do things that they shouldn't need to have to do, and it seems like offering options like this would be a easy fix for that.

DeletedUser2003

Their jovial Wayfarer’s Tavern has been demolished to make room for Steel and Planks Manufactories. The building gave me 420 additional population but instead of losing 420 citizens, I lost 460. What!?
Are you sure @Electra Firestorm ? I checked my Wayfarer's Tavern, and this is what I got:
wayfar.jpg

Maybe you were thinking of another hybrid building? :oops:

DeletedUser1163

Well, I think this is my last event I will participate in. My goods are so low I can't help my fellowship complete this event. The game devs gave us Part 2 too soon. Not enough time to recoup our losses and build up our coins/supplies/goods. I'm only up to the Fairies Chapter. Currently working on Quest 15 "Gain 14 Relics." The tournament is closed and when it opens, the event will be over. All that's left for me are Hard Difficulty provinces to negotiate in. Can't fight so negotiating is what has depleted my goods.

I managed to get 14 Relics and now I see Quest 16 says Solve 10 Encounters. Really? Are you kidding me? Those two quests require 3 provinces to be scouted. I can't scout until I come up with 1500 K coins. I am so close to the end of the event but because we 're not being given an option to do something else instead of Solving Encounters, many of us must feel like me - totally disgusted and frustrated. All that time wasted. Never again.

SoggyShorts

now I see Quest 16 says Solve 10 Encounters.
You should really consider checking spoiler threads to be prepared in advance. The events are possible with zero spoilers, but only if your city is designed for it.
I can't scout until I come up with 1500 K coins.
Have you done all of your map visits? A Fairy MH gives 21K coins, and you must have 130 provinces cleared, which means you should have 66+ neighbours which is 1,800K coins.
My goods are so low I can't help my fellowship complete this event.
You may wish to show your FS members how to complete events on their own. "Teach a man to fish...."

Last edited: