• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.35 + Spells

DeletedUser503

LOL, you are comparing apples and oranges to make it fair between Elves and Humans?
I don't mind that the Elven Academy is slightly larger than the Humans Academy, but to say this is why you did it
is rather silly imho.

DeletedUser118

Well, the difference is, the main hall has to be build and upgraded by everyone. Its part of the city no matter what you do. The Academy on the other hand can be build or not. There is, so far, no disadvantage if you don't have one in your city. That's why I can understand Mustang here that it might be not the best decision you made.

DeletedUser

Humans already have slight advantage in the game overall so to make the human academy smaller because the elves have a smaller main hall is ludicrous.

DeletedUser880

Muf-muf - from what I see in this conversation so far can see almost no advantage for advanced players having a Magic Academy - the rewards seem to be an insult and a waste of valuable space in a city - please can you explain how you think the Magic Academy will benefit players who have completed the current research. Is there something we have all missed??

DeletedUser1313

IMHO yes there is :)

Though as no one appears to have worked out what it is, I may just keep it to myself so I have a big advantage over you guys who won't build a Magic Academy when the new age starts.

DeletedUser1345

One part of this upgrade is that when a research becomes required for advancement the page will focus on that research. So, it will become mandatory to research. They will find a way to push us into building one. I am assuming that there will be upgrades placed here and there, perhaps providing some better spells that will be useful for more advanced players. Perhaps spells that can be cast on wonders.

DeletedUser651

Perhaps in the future this building will be useful to the more advanced player, and if so, then I may build one of these in the future. For now, my space is ever so much more valuable and my relics are exceedingly difficult to come by at this point.

I am concerned about all the top players that I know on the US server who are ready to quit and some who just did. They have been basically doing nothing since Thanksgiving and just waiting. Is there anything coming soon that they will want to do? Are new expansions coming? A new race? I'd love to tell them anything to keep them around just a little longer.

I have one hunch though, that I would love if someone could answer: my hunch is that the devs don't want to keep the top players because they want those players to move out of the way for newer players to have a goal they can attain. Is that true?

DeletedUser1231

I find the idea of the spells to improve our very good city, it is thus for that that I put the academy of magic.
On the other hand I was very disappointed by the current spells.:(

I have just realized that I cannot remove my academy of my city.:eek:

A level increase of the academy is soon planned to have better spells? Or of new more interesting spells for the advanced players?
Or at least one solutions temporary to get back the place, the possibility of removing the academy (even if one lose the relics boosted invested)

Muf-muf - from what I see in this conversation so far can see almost no advantage for advanced players having a Magic Academy - the rewards seem to be an insult and a waste of valuable space in a city - please can you explain how you think the Magic Academy will benefit players who have completed the current research. Is there something we have all missed??
Spells are meant to be great bonuses that can give your city a big boost when actively playing while they are active. Also, now would be a good time to prepare Spells, even if you don't mean to use them immediately: Spells take a long time to make, and they can be stored pretty much infinitely. So, why not use your otherwise useless non-boosting Relics and make them into useful magical spells? Also, while Relics are currently indeed quite scarce, we are already working on a feature which will make more Relics available for you. On top of that, we are already working on our next Spell as well. But, more on that at a later time!

DeletedUser1231

Thank you for the answer muf muf

I am thus going to make spells and to keep them until they become interesting for me.
Given that I cannot eliminate it, so much use it but thanks to the developers to imagine really useful spells for the advanced players

DeletedUser283

this is indeed what we need
people on beta have been there for more than a year, and are now stuffed with resources;
when they need more resources, they just build/upgrade, or wait for them to happen, which they generally do ;)
for the moment, the Academy is not really useful, and I have started making goods spells just in case;
I would like to see spells that increase things that I need, like combat-related stuff:
-a temporary accelerator for the ever too slow barracks
-a temporary boost for the troops in combat
-you name it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser283

we have the motivation of the builders to shorten construction time, although it is not very efficient at the moment, and a spell could add to it :)

DeletedUser1510

We ran a few quick tests and it did not stop for us. We'll test some more to see whether or not it does in certain cases. So, in short: yes, you do need to collect, but no, the queue does not wait for you to collect in order to continue production.

Yes - my queue waits för me to collect before continuing production. This really makes overnight (and logging off for a few hours) training of troops useless. This is a very bad idea, undo this, please!

DeletedUser724

Can any 1 tell me
details of those spells.....

If game developer are going to introduce new spells
i would suggest a spell to give diamonds, then everyone will rush to build Magic Academy

spell on Ancient Wonder to increase their bonus by 100% with 8 to 12 hours
e.g. spell on Great Bell
we can collect double goods when we take actions on hoods and fellow's member and allow culture extend loger

DeletedUser778

Spells are meant to be great bonuses that can give your city a big boost when actively playing while they are active.
Hmm I already have a gem boost of 617% so with one manucaftoring spell (that takes ages to create) I can boost one gem manufactory to 667% for 12 hours, to produce 7% more then without the spell... that's by far not great to me.

DeletedUser762

i don't know why you are moaning people. While we are waiting for the continuation of this game, collect spells. i can guarantee you, you are going to start moaning again, how you don't have enough tools or goods etc in order to progress. so here it is for you to use in the future. and yet you are not happy again. I remember when the new race came about everybody was like ohhhh not enough tools, not enough goods, not enough quests for tools etc. so now you have it: collect spells in addition to quests.

DeletedUser1231

Hello mistique

Actually I criticized these new spells and I think exactly as lordB.

I like this game because it contains quite a lot of difficulties which many people would like to decrease (where from the successive complaints).

The concern with these spells it is because they allow only to increase the production of supplies (I produces it already too much whom I am oblige to exchange with the trader) and to increase the production of the resources (I produces it also too much thus I do not need spells for not at all more).
If I grumble (friendly well on:p) it is because I shall have wish what is to have spells for something else than what I have in abundance (even if I understands well that it is not the case of everybody) or while I can use the spell for something which boosted correctly my productions.
But use 5*5 for an academy which increases me by 7 % over 12 h my production of a single building I do not see the interest and as I cannot remove my academy I allows me to say it.

Now I looks forward to the evolution of the academy to have something more effective for the most advanced cities.

Elderflower

I just used my first spell and was very pleased with the way it worked. I used it just before I collected a long production time and then did a 5 minute, a 15 minute and a 1 hour production before it wore off. I found it useful to have the extra supplies as I am still building quite a bit.

DeletedUser1493

Has anyone else have problem with disappearing spell effect? I have used manufacturing spell about 4-5 hours ago on my steel manufactury, but now I can't see sparkling around the building and no remaining time as well.