• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.30

DeletedUser1419

well much of this "Discussion" here are point on the quest in the game. cors some player try to use the quest, to their advantage..
well if the game maker not like that. why are there then quest in the game ?
easy way to get rid of the problems. just remove ALL quest. then no one get advantage of the quest.
and much of this "Discussion" here will never have been. :)

DeletedUser1388

some player try to use the quest, to their advantage
Nobody stops other players to do the same. Then there is no advantage just only for those players, who are spending more time in the game. But looks like Inno do not want to reward by any means the time played. Let's do 10 minutes in each 3 hours and that's all. Let everybody do the same, be the same. Don't misunderstand me, I have no problems with the devs - they are doing great job. I have problems with the person in Inno who approves such "balancing" changes.

DeletedUser

Is there anyone here in the Forum with a related business background who can explain why Inno would want to discourage us from active play? It does seem to go against standard business models, but there must be some cause as to why they only want us online for a few minutes every 3 hours.

DeletedUser651

Efficiency, maximization, potato, potato. You and I are saying the same things bobbi. Maximizing the most points per square/being the most efficient in gaining points. You have options in this game and if you make certain choices then you gain more points and if you make others, then you don't. If you use the quests then you gain more of the stuff you need in this game. If you don't use the quests efficiently and just let them sit or only do the ones presented to you, then you are missing out on lots and lots of game stuff. As far as what Kat is talking about in his fewest clicks thing, that is far from what I was talking about.

No. I have no idea why they don't want customers on here all the time. I can't think of any reason. The longer you are on, the more chance they have to sell you things, so I don't get it either.

DeletedUser867

Impatience, excitement and impulse spending are factors that drive sales
You actually nailed the concept in your beta post at https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/elvenar-and-early-state-adopters.3785/
  • Many of us are early-stage adopters. We gravitate to something new, without waiting for friends to recommend it,
  • The problem is that Elvenar's target market is the mid-late stage adopter market. The devs are gearing the product specifically...so for now they just tolerate the rest of us - basically string us along until they no longer need us.
The corollary is that the "early-stage adopters" will disappear over the hill as soon as the next new thing comes along. The "early-stage adopters" are gadflies, not worker bees.

The game is simply a lot more interesting when you're trying to fit everything together so that the city is self-supporting. Clickfests are mind-numbing. Even BobbyKitty admits that she hates them.

I'm supporting six cities that are all intentionally different and in different stages of their development, so that I can determine which of the various concepts work the best. I very seriously doubt that I spend less time and/or money on Elvenar than you do, so that's a fallacious argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have to agree that there are some very odd choices being made by Inno regarding this game lately.

Not only they seem to want their players playing less and less, but they are also restricting the game in a way that will alienate part of its players.

Now, there are types of games where there is only a right way to play, and if you try to play it another way you won't simply succeed in overcoming the obstacles ( platform games come to mind). But city builders are usually games that are very flexible, and cater to a wide variety of players and their different play styles. That's what makes them so popular and successful, because there is no wrong way to play them.

Some players build for score, maximizing their city in order to achieve the highest score possible.
Some players build for looks, wanting a city that is as pretty in their eyes as possible, not caring much about score or fast progress.
Some players strive to achieve a low maintenance city, so that they can keep their city going whilst devoting the least amount of time to the game as possible.
Some players get immersed in the lore of the game and love to read all the quests, and others simply do them without reading most of the text...

And this list goes on and on and on...

All of this players are playing the game the "right" way to accomodate their preferences and goals. The only wrong way to play the game is in a way that you don't have any fun, because then, what's the point of playing in the first place?
This this what makes city builders so appealing to so many players. And the more players you have, the more successful you are from a business point of view. So why is Inno trying to restrict gameplay with each update?
If they keep going down this path they will lose a good portion of their players and the game won't last long.
It's a shame that a game with so much potential and great graphics is losing quality with each update, instead of getting better.

Mods keep saying they want to improve the game, then, start listening to the players! We all want a better game, lets us help you achieve that!

DeletedUser

I'm supporting six cities that are all intentionally different and in different stages of their development, so that I can determine which of the various concepts work the best. I very seriously doubt that I spend less time and/or money on Elvenar than you do, so that's a fallacious argument.

The problem is, by limiting the choices you can make as a player, and by restricting the game in such a way that only a certain play style is right, Inno is shooting themselves in the foot, because players will no longer want to play different cities at the same time, because what's the point if you have to build them all in the same way?

In such a competitive market as the gaming market, the most successful games are the ones that cater to all players, the "early-stage adopters", the mid-stage adopters, and everyone else you can think of. Why do you think Inno's most successful game is FoE, that has been running strong for years now? Because they kept a good portion of the early players whilst attracting new ones. Alienating any type of player is dumb, and alienating early adopters players in elvanar, that has been struggling to get new players and keep the old ones ( hello, look at all the empty neighbourhoods!), is just suicidal.

DeletedUser1388

The game is simply a lot more interesting when you're trying to fit everything together so that the city is self-supporting.
Why are you trying to tell to all of us what is more interesting and what is less? For everybody there is another thing "lot more interesting"

Clickfests are mind-numbing
why do you think everybody is thinking/shall think like you?!

DeletedUser

I think Inno has targeted they HayDay user type for Elvenar. The play there doesn't allow for variation - the process is specific and sequential. Boring and highly successful. But, at least, HayDay keeps its players busy. In early stages there's a lot of waiting time, but once you get farther in, you generally have more possible tasks than you can keep up with. They also compensate for the strict lock step development by offering 1) more grid space than you can develop for productivity and 2) mind-boggling array of decorative add-ons. Also, additional play screens are optional: boats, fishing area, and town. You don't have to do any of them.

Come to think of it, FB is aware of my gaming profile, and Elvenar is the only strategy, builder, or MMO game that has ever advertised to me. They were either desperate or looking for a different kind of player.

DeletedUser

Why are you trying to tell to all of us what is more interesting and what is less? For everybody there is another thing "lot more interesting"

why do you think everybody is thinking/shall think like you?!

You that game where one inserts "...in bed" at the end of every sentence, so that everything becomes humorous? We should insert "..to you" at the end of many of Katwijk's sentences. It would simplify matters, and we could focus on the topic instead of countering his one-sided considerations.

I'd normally be delighted to observe an alternate playing style and discuss strategies. Instead, I found my person and my playing style denigrated repeatedly. I finally started retaliating - feeling a bit bored and, after all, there's nothing else to do in Elvenar at the moment. I exp.ect some entertainment for my $1000.

It's just irritating that the passion I feel for the game concept is getting sidetracked into an argument where a player seems to think it his personal mission to influence the game to suit his playing preferences. I don't see anyone else in this forum taking a position which is singularly self-serving and closed to moderation by the opinions of others.

Since the moderators feel it's appropriate for him to call me/us "gadflies", "burnouts", "lazy", etc. I'll introduce my personal appellation for him: Katjerk.

Read this and laugh at me before it's deleted. Meanwhile, KJ will likely go on his merry way writing insults veiled as proverbs without so much as a warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

A thing I don't understand is, we've already had these kinda problems before and it took Inno several updates to fix it, but they did. And now with just one single update everything is back to the old times. How can this happen?

DeletedUser283

poor programming : re-injecting old code lines into newer updates -> regression

DeletedUser867

bugsincode.png

DeletedUser

On my main server we just got info that 0.30 i coming tomorrow.... hmm so never mind all bugs and lag, just let it roll.
That really (and a word i can´t write in here)

DeletedUser240

Why do we always fall to settings to low, never had a problem before the latest update. This update sucks, and adding only diamond buildings pffff

DeletedUser651

The game hardly functions now. Collect supplies from a workshop...count to five...then they register. Collect supplies from the next workshop...count to five again. Go to a neighbor...crash....collect from a quest....crash....move around the map....crash. I am reloading this game more than I click through quests. And this is the "update" you are bringing to the live servers? Forget any quest nonsense, the game barely works. What is your rush to inflict this misery on the live servers?

DeletedUser1419

i realy not see any more why thed are run a beta serve. when thed not even wait to do things live befor it work on beta. :S
then can we now also sit on the normal servers and come whit the same bugs. whot we already have say here on beta.
players on beta are just (total fool) <- whot the tranlater say. :S
so are i feel it