• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.26 & New faces in your city!

DeletedUser118

I have a problem with upgrading Residences. Since they change their sizes from 3x3 to 2x4, the buildings often end up without connecting to the roads once you upgrade them. I always have to move them on my own after the upgrade. But I remember that during upgrades before we were able to upgrade and move the buildings at the same time. Why didn't you add that option this time, too?

DeletedUser867

The anchor point for ALL buildings is the topmost corner.

If the building is connected to a road, AND there's enough free space to expand the building WITHOUT moving the anchor point, then it's automatic. Otherwise you'll get a Move and Upgrade option.

DeletedUser118

That might be right but won't change the problem I'm afraid.

DeletedUser967

Okay I understand team don't know what to do with my and Katzenprinz problem? :(:(:(

The behaviour is as @Katwijk described in his last post here. But, if that is not satisfactory (so: if you would like to have that behaviour changed), please open a thread about it in the Ideas and Suggestions section of the forum, so that we can more easily find out what others would think of that as well. :)

DeletedUser

Hmm after update I have some problems.
Sometimes when I log in to game I can't do anything on my BROWSER - FF, minimalize FF and maxymalize again solve that but then game "clicked somewhere" and I can move my city without previously clicking by myself somewhere. I have it on my laptop and my pc.
Loading cities of players is....hard. Sometimes I have to wait ~15sec for load big but EVEN weak city.

What is going on? :(
Someone has this problem? Or team could help?

had not seen this before, but yes, I have this problem too... so annoying :(

Jixel

had not seen this before, but yes, I have this problem too... so annoying :(

Me too - and I was just killing & restarting my browser each time, until I saw someone suggest minimising it on the forums :)

For me, I'm pretty sure it started happening after the last Flash upgrade - 18.something to 19.something, I think.

DeletedUser1345

Perhaps you had ought to consider changing the quest of "place a granite mine" to "have a granite mine." I built six before researching expansion 22. I had to build one, and I could not cancel the construction, so I had to sell it.

ophion

I would love to know how the Guest Race feature is going to work once the Dwarves leave.
At the moment...our Elvish buildings..with the latest upgrade...are hybridised versions of Elf/Dwarf buildings...and our Human buildings are hybrid Human/Dwarf buildings which seems to work ok for now...but I'm wondering how that is going to work with the next race that comes along.
Are we going to get 3 way hybrid buildings until they become something else entirely?

Are we going to move so far away from Elvenar, that it isn't Elvenar anymore?

We had a choice to choose the race we wished to be when we first started playing the game...and although I like the introduction of the guest races...I'm concerned that we are going in a totally different direction than anticipated.

Take for example the Elven Marble manufactory...it started off as gentle looking rock figures that gradually progressed into stately looking statuesque monuments that looked in keeping with the surrounding buildings.
However, with the introduction of the Dwarves and the latest upgrades...they now look more like aggressive "star wars" figures. ( Although I think they're cool) LOL

The main hall of the Elves for example...looked great at around level 10 and very elvish..but at the new dwarvish levels look very alien to me.

Am I alone in thinking that we originally joined as either Elves or Humans and wish to essentially retain that identity?

DeletedUser338

I think the main hall is fine. It looks pretty sweet and still very elvish for elfs and humanish for humans. If anything, I find the Elven Marble Manufactories to be too dwarfish. I mean, they started as golems, now it's a rocky dwarf that mines your marble.

ophion

@ my friend Lord Jirre.:)
It's a rocky dwarf right now...but with the next upgrade and a new race...is it going to ever look elvish again?
I doubt it.

DeletedUser778

Maybe if we get woodelves or darkelves or something as next race :D
But I bet on fairies, at least some of the artworks in the september? episode looked very fairish? to me ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser802

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 0.26 and our newest piece of content: the Dwarves!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

I am finding the new Dwarf buildings beautiful, colorful and creative. I have an Elf city, and the workshops are residences are all a dull gold, so I was very happy to find that the new buildings are different and much brighter in their color scheme. However, I am disappointed that upgrading your workshops from level 15 to 16 (new dwarf building) costs heavily in population (about 135) but upgrading your residences from level 15 to 16 (also new dwarf building) only gives you a tiny increase in population (20). I think that the population increase for upgrading should be on a par with earlier upgrades, that usually increased your population by 30 or 40 people. Population is always a problem, especially when you get to the more advanced levels. Often, I have found that I cannot afford to do upgrades to goods buildings, etc. because of the large population demands, and my city already contains all the residences it can hold.

DeletedUser629

The reason you only get a tiny increase in population, is because the residences use less space than before. I checked your city, and you still have plenty of residences you can upgrade. You will probably have to destroy some roads and place your residences in a different way due to the size change from 3x3 to 2x4. You also have plenty of factories for which you have no boost. They hardly produce anything and eat up a lot of population and culture. Space will become even more valuable in the future, so use it wisely.

ophion

You also have plenty of factories for which you have no boost. They hardly produce anything and eat up a lot of population and culture. Space will become even more valuable in the future, so use it wisely.

As I have a lot of trees in my city for which I have no planks boost for...your suggestion to remove non boosted factories to create more space is a viable option. However...I will then end up with rows and rows of buildings to try to make the most of the given space I have and all aesthetics in trying to create an attractive city go out the window.
As this is a city building game and nothing more than that...unlike other games like FOE where GVG battles play a big part...I'd have thought that we'd have had more option to create something beautiful rather than try to cram as many buildings as will fit close together to gain extra coins and supplies.
What is the point in creating attractive buildings when we are forced into making rows and rows of them?
One or two culture buildings of one type look really good...but 20 in a line look stupid and ugly, yet we are having to do it because the game plan forces us to have to.
The new size change from 3 x 3 to 2 x 4 just means we can now cram 4 residential buildings into the space that previously held 2 with a deco to fill in the gaps...so our cities now hold more buildings...with less decorations...and look awful.:(

DeletedUser338

You don't have to build in rows to make your city viable though. I mean, take a look at mine, it's got a building here, a building there, corners everywhere. Personally, I think it looks pretty neat (nowhere as awesome as yours, but well, it's hard to compete with that).
I have to say though, the flower pots and decorative gardens that humans can build are simple, but very good looking. Trees are a nice addition to any city.

DeletedUser867

One or two culture buildings of one type look really good...but 20 in a line look stupid and ugly,
I very much suspect that the Ancient Wonders will be the answer to your prayers.