• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.26 & New faces in your city!

DeletedUser651

Players did have the option to buy KP's with goods, but this wasn't intended for now. The option has been removed :)

WHAT?????? Oh come on!!! This was the best part of this whole thing!!! When is that coming back?? Half my fellowship on the US server is going to revolt! They were thrilled about this!

Now this game is back to a dead standstill. Do you have any idea how LONG it takes to scout a province? Try playing this game in real time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser629

WHAT?????? Oh come on!!! This was the best part of this whole thing!!! When is that coming back?? Half my fellowship on the US server is going to revolt! They were thrilled about this!

Now this game is back to a dead standstill. Do you have any idea how LONG it takes to scout a province? Try playing this game in real time.

I know how long it takes, i've completed 209 provinces. I specifically said ''for now'' as it wasn't intended to be implemented in this way.

DeletedUser651

So.....94 HOURS before you can get through advanced scouts....and then ANOTHER 86 hours before you can get to the portal....and 45 hours so you can get one expansion so you have room for these new things...and 71 hours to get through the other portal thing and then another 65 before you can finally build a mine.

IMO, that is way too long. I thought, well, at least they have the goods thing as a way to buy the KP...that will keep this game interesting. But these times are way past anything interesting. We have now moved past watching paint dry...to well....I don't know what is more boring than watching paint dry. Do the devs realize what is happening? Players are meeting each other in Elvenar...playing a lot together in the beginning when the game is a much faster pace...getting to know each other and liking each other...and then when the game slows down to a crawl...well...those players are looking for games to play together...elsewhere.

And now this new chapter will be an even slower thing to do?

It is too bad that you have started the beta testers on this level the way you did....we all had KP that had accumulated while we were all waiting and then we got that huge boost of being able to buy KP with goods at first.....none of us were actually testing how slow this will be for live players. And that is a big part of how a game works....does it work? Does it keep you interested? Do you want to play it?

DeletedUser629

So.....94 HOURS before you can get through advanced scouts....and then ANOTHER 86 hours before you can get to the portal....and 45 hours so you can get one expansion so you have room for these new things...and 71 hours to get through the other portal thing and then another 65 before you can finally build a mine.

IMO, that is way too long. I thought, well, at least they have the goods thing as a way to buy the KP...that will keep this game interesting. But these times are way past anything interesting. We have now moved past watching paint dry...to well....I don't know what is more boring than watching paint dry. Do the devs realize what is happening? Players are meeting each other in Elvenar...playing a lot together in the beginning when the game is a much faster pace...getting to know each other and liking each other...and then when the game slows down to a crawl...well...those players are looking for games to play together...elsewhere.

And now this new chapter will be an even slower thing to do?

It is too bad that you have started the beta testers on this level the way you did....we all had KP that had accumulated while we were all waiting and then we got that huge boost of being able to buy KP with goods at first.....none of us were actually testing how slow this will be for live players. And that is a big part of how a game works....does it work? Does it keep you interested? Do you want to play it?

Again, i didn't say it was removed permanently, only ''for now'' as it needs some re-balancing :)

Furthermore, players can still buy kp's with coins and diamonds, plus clearing provinces. We've already implemented kp storage, so many players will have lots of kp's to spend once the new update goes live.

Sometimes things end up on the beta server that shouldn't have been there, or at least, not in the way it did, so we remove it. It's the harsh life of a beta player :)

DeletedUser

Dwarves are not a *removed* SIDE KICK RACE, they are one of the four fundamental power house races of fantasy, this is offensive and demeaning and *removed* elves eternally. Make them their own race LIKE THEY SHOULD OF BEEN.

Edit by Muf-Muf: Please mind your language.

DeletedUser778

So maybe we can get a little reset of KPs for coins, 50%, or 30% reduction maybe for all our patience? :rolleyes:
340k for a KP is quite expensive :confused: and we have lost a lot of KPs waiting (hourly) and fighting (before the accumulating was introduced (~440 KP lost for me))

Edit: With the new dwarven street giving more culture then a gift of a garden fairy, I think we should get a new 1x1 cultural building in the near future ;)

DeletedUser651

Again, i didn't say it was removed permanently, only ''for now'' as it needs some re-balancing :)

And all I can do as a beta player is report on the conditions as they are now. :)

I hope they bring it back. It was a good balance.

DeletedUser651

I don't know where this should go, so please repost it in the proper forum, but I have some feedback on the new elven house upgrades: The level 16 house is much prettier than the level 17 house. Perhaps these two could be switched?

DeletedUser629

So maybe we can get a little reset of KPs for coins, 50%, or 30% reduction maybe for all our patience? :rolleyes:
340k for a KP is quite expensive :confused: and we have lost a lot of KPs waiting (hourly) and fighting (before the accumulating was introduced (~440 KP lost for me))

Edit: With the new dwarven street giving more culture then a gift of a garden fairy, I think we should get a new 1x1 cultural building in the near future ;)

The fairy gives 36 culture, the street 28 ;)

DeletedUser778

Hmm in the wiki and ingame in the building menu it says 49, so probably a text error.

Edit: A new street with less cultural bonus then the last... does not make much sense....

DeletedUser629

Hmm in the wiki and ingame in the building menu it says 49, so probably a text error.

Edit: A new street with less cultural bonus then the last... does not make much sense....

No, you're right. i looked at the portal alley which gives 28 culture. The street is indeed 49 :D

DeletedUser

Ugly Paladin! everyone run before them! The axe barbarians will have to fight them.
Nice stats, as long as the enemies don't upgrade I can get the barbarians back in use.

Second post:
Dwarves are not a *removed* SIDE KICK RACE, they are one of the four fundamental power house races of fantasy, this is offensive and demeaning and *removed* elves eternally. Make them their own race LIKE THEY SHOULD OF BEEN.

Edit by Muf-Muf: Please mind your language.
What is that about? I have had enough stories in which dwarves are few. Sure I wish dwarves were a mayor part of this game because they are much cooler than humans, but think about how it now. Maybe you can keep the dwarves in your city and transform your city to a dwarven city.

DeletedUser246

Always modifying Human Units to become better units, however, Elven Units are still horrible to fight.

Look that Blessed Paladin 2.
Every time I fight with elves , just missing me cry , no good if you have huge Trents , and bizarre lives if they move slower than an IBM computer 166, I do not know how many years ago . And the mortars will attack you with nonsense reach and kill you with one slap. Needless to mention the Golems II , pfff . A joke.

I guess you must change at beginning the game, when appears 2 races for player to choose, you should write:

"Humans, born to fight with your mighty units. Choose this race FTW ! ! !"

"Elves, born to try do trade, producing a ton of supplies and dying to produce magic goods with horrible production of supplies, and expensive fee to produce magic goods. Choose this race if you want be disappointed !"

edit by Goryn. Mind your language please :)

DeletedUser

Elves have smaller manuufacturies than humans. You are right, the elven units are considerably weaker in a fight for the untrained. If I were to play elf I would not be complaining, because it is different. Humans are much more focused on melee than elves who are better at shooting.

DeletedUser1362

Cant Agree
I am playing both races
Elves onUS1
Humans on Beta

And for me fighting using elven units (especialy GOLEM II) is BEST they are best for fast autofighting, and i loose units 60% slower then using human units PaladinII,
So how humans are better fighters if my elven units are stronger for autofight and have much less loss then humans?

I am playing autofight only. So This FACT is stated for autofighting. Itruly Hate humans, they needs and developement is twice as hard as elves, their cultural building are way weker then elven ones, their Goods of Tier I take much more space then elven tier I factories etc. To my opinion in this game humans are the under-race, and its 200% harder to play humans then elves regardless of if u prefer to fight or negotiate, in both cases elves are better.

AND THATS A FACT !!!.

DeletedUser

I don't mean to be pessimistic or annoying, but why is an axe barbarian only useful against light infantry? Because let us be honest they are frontline troops and yet I can never use them for they will be hacked to pieces by heavies. The combat would be more balanced if the enemy would focus on a paladin instead of an axe barbarian, dog, or archer.

DeletedUser629

I don't mean to be pessimistic or annoying, but why is an axe barbarian only useful against light infantry? Because let us be honest they are frontline troops and yet I can never use them for they will be hacked to pieces by heavies. The combat would be more balanced if the enemy would focus on a paladin instead of an axe barbarian, dog, or archer.

Don't use axe barbarians vs heavy melee. There are plenty of encounters that don't have heavy melee units, like crystal ones. Now ,off course, when you get further away on the world map, encounters become very difficult, and sometimes even unbeatable, this is why we now get 2 unit upgrades and 4 squad upgrades. I've tested the storm barbarians, and they are pretty good vs light melee, killing 300 a turn.

If you were a heavy melee unit, who would you focus on? ;)

DeletedUser

If I were a heavy melee I would focus on the other heavies knowing my light friends would keep the enemies of my back.