• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.20

DeletedUser967

Plugging a memory leak is NOT a trivial problem
And not easy to fix... :/ My cpu and memory are crazy when I play now guild conversation usage 80% of my cpu and guild motivate full of my ram! :eek:
Devs....do something:mad::mad::mad::mad:

And, strange, now when I'm trying enter to map I have not discovered some provinces - which I have unlocked! :eek:

DeletedUser

My computer goes haywire ever since the last update. Loading takes ages even with fast internet. And I can't report it with bug so I place it with discussion. I know muf-muf that Elvenar is a game to be proud of, but it is getting more intensive with each update. Each new update brings even longer loading times. Not long from now and the game will be as unplayable for me as Runescape.

DeletedUser967

Only loading for me is okay and fast - not that fast as I want but is not bad. Problem is that every new update degrades performance really much - ram, cpu go crazy when I normally play on Elvenar... improve performance should be done fast.

DeletedUser205

can confirm @Drialik and @ulQuiorra.
I'm pretty shure to have a very well equipped Hardware and a very fast WLAN because I need that for my work and I have always enginieers around me to get that guaranteed. At home I have several computers and tablets to check, if there is a problem with one of them.
Therefore the low performance part times of the days and always all around worldmap is to be solved on side of INNO.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Loading is not the largest issue, agreed. But it is connected to performance, better performance = better loading times

DeletedUser283

it reminds me of the old days of FoE, the time of versions 0.xx :)
every new update came with more code, and it all went this way ever since;
specifically, the introduction of fellowships must have brought tons of new code, which means more RAM usage and longer loading times ...

DeletedUser1108

One loud and clearly NO to this update. Playing Elvenar makes it impossible to play other games at the same time or to do anything else on my pc. I play three other games with Flash, they need together max. 16 -21% of the Ram. To start Elvenar alone, needs 97% of the RAM. To do anything like starting an upgrade or visiting the world or one neighbour kicks me off an I have to start new the pc.
So I have to choose playing Elvenar with Frustration or playing other games with fun. It is easy to see, what I will do the next days. till perhaps a new
Update or Fix will come....
Sorry, but my personal feeling is: With each update/fix during the last weeks, the game runs more bad ....

DeletedUser252

I play the Beta version, the live server en FoE at the same time, including all the Forums. Have 6 pages up and running at the same time.
I have troubles with the aiding to neightbours and fellows, but if I refresh after 5 visites, it runs almost always smootly.
I don't have a fast fiber connection, but am depending on copper telephonecable to connect my 4 year old laptop

DeletedUser

For me it's the same, myselfandi: I've problems only with neighbours or fellows help but my 4 years old laptop has never had problems about loading, speed etc. :eek:

DeletedUser967

On my laptop 3 years old I can play in new games like example Far Cry 4 without any problems but in Elvenar my laptop go crazy....My ram during visit other players explodes - 7 players and I use ~4GB ram ! When I read PM in guild I use 80-90% of my cpu! What the hell is going on....Why devs nothing to do with that? It's a big problem!
If I use 4GB ram when I visit other players from my 8GB what can tell other whom have 2-4GB ram OR 1GB ?!

This is a joke from devs I hope....

DeletedUser

It's incredible what it's happening to you to the memory of your personal computer: I don't understand why Elvenar needs for you so much R.A.M. :eek:

DeletedUser967

Alex not only me, on this forum problem with memory leak is known but I don't understand why my cpu go crazy when I read PM from guild.... I said that in a few topics here but I see team ignore that - completly silence, no answer...I read 2-3times per day conversations because I cant do that often or my cpu explode....
I like this features really much but actually THIS IS BULLSHIT!

DeletedUser1108

It's incredible what it's happening to you to the memory of your personal computer: I don't understand why Elvenar needs for you so much R.A.M. :eek:
I don't understand it, too - but it is so.....:confused: I can't visit neigbours .... I can't let the tab open for a longer time - and I have no answer, no explain for this, because it ist only by Elevenar - other games runs as fast as they can..... And I can play with open Tabs during the whole day....

DeletedUser

Unfortunately I'm not an expert about this kind of computer problems, sonnentroll, but I've read many post in different threads where many players wrote the same thing you've explained.
At this point I believe it's only an issue of this game and devs'll have to work about this, otherwise players'll be more and more annoyed about that :confused:
I'm asking to myself, why I've no this issue...:eek:

Cpu usage goes up when you visit other people's cities. It has to do with loading the cities. Reloading the game "resets" the memory use, so if you are experiencing slow loading or similar problems, hit use that refresh button and have a bit smoother gaming experience. :)

DeletedUser

Thank you Muf-Muf: this is not the best solution for the issue, but it's something useful for all players who have that kind of problem ;)

DeletedUser118

Cpu usage goes up when you visit other people's cities. It has to do with loading the cities. Reloading the game "resets" the memory use, so if you are experiencing slow loading or similar problems, hit use that refresh button and have a bit smoother gaming experience. :)

Wouldn't it be good then not to do that anymore? If you cannot really fix the problem, you could give us an option instead where we give help to other players from home, without having to visit them every time and without having our systems go crazy over it.

DeletedUser967

Even Muf-Muf....
I DIDN'T said CPU go up when I visit players, I said my cpu go up when IREAD PM FROM GUILD! When I visit cities my ram go crazy what is known here like Memory Leak and it is okay and waiting for lazy devs BUT why CONVERSATION WITH GUILD use 90% of cpu? NO visiting just CONVERSATIN.

I hope now you understand....

Edit by Muf-Muf: Please refrain from swearing.

Caps lock isn't going to help get your point across.

Anyways, I've done some quick tests with Fellowship messages, but cannot reproduce a huge cpu usage or significant usage increase when reading, opening or sending Fellowship messages. Cpu usage, for me, goes up with like 2,000 kB when opening a message, and then drops again immediately after the message has been opened and loaded. The cpu usage on my computer does not even come close to rediculously high numbers, let alone near 90%.

Please, and we cannot stress this enough, if you experience problems with the game, write us a bug report by posting a thread in the 'Report a Bug' section of the forum. When doing so, please fill in the bug report template. This helps us greatly in finding the cause of an issue.

DeletedUser967

I did it for emphasize what I talking about.

Normally play and loading game is ~20% of cpu - if I normal play I mean pick up production etc. When I use PM with ONE player I use ~45% of cpu but when I use PM with guild with 25players then my cpu has large spikes even to 90% but usually it is 70-80%. Add to this visiting of players, then my cpu and ram burning.... I can play FarCry4, GTA 4/5, Skyrim and other big games and I never use that much PC resources like in Elvenar DURING just messages and visiting others.