• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.20

DeletedUser1108

Cpu usage goes up when you visit other people's cities. It has to do with loading the cities. Reloading the game "resets" the memory use, so if you are experiencing slow loading or similar problems, hit use that refresh button and have a bit smoother gaming experience. :)

I have no problems with CPU, I wrote RAM. And the ideas with refresh didn't help, so sorry. If I do this, I can log in, but not playing. The side is not available or something like this. I had to clean all caches individuell (Browser, Adobe, Macromedia, DNS, usw.) and to start the PC new, then - perhaps - I can start the game again. And all is ok, for a short time. And then I start the Ritual again.... But - that can not mean as playing Elvenar.....
And this problems are new, 1 -3 weeks, before this time I could play Elvenar without any problems..... After one update the problems started, and after the last update last week it is more worse than before.
Either I had a grey exclamation or a black wordcard or a green worldcard or the main memory strikes - something is always........ but not playing.... or visiting neigbours.... And this only since the last week.... What happens with the update?

DeletedUser967

CPU when you visit players doesn't matter it is ~20% MAX for me but ram...Big memory leaks not easy to fix and found but really important to fix or our ram explode....

CPU has matter when you read PMs with guild, then my cpu go crazy really crazy, GTA5 do not use that much of my cpu like PMs here LOL

DeletedUser

Has anyone tried playing Elvenar while leaving the forum open? I have done it. Nothing, absolutely nothing works in my case when it happens. The only thing I can do in that case is keep clicking close firefox. Issue that started at 0.18.
And please Muf-Muf forgive ulQuiorra, his heart is in the right place. What I don't understand
Elvenar=played in browser and takes as much or more of my computer than Skyrim

DeletedUser967

Sorry for my language here but I wasjust really angry it is really a big problem. It's never happen again I promise ;)

Drialik - Skyrim is nothing, I play GTA5 and FarCry4 which eat 1/3 of ram and cpu using by Elvenar. It is really strange.
For me works only 2 things, when I want motivate I must restart my browser very often BUT if I want talk with my guild...better option is don't talk with guild if I don't want to burn my pc...

DeletedUser

I don't have that special computer. I have to play skyrim on low settings :( but still it is not fun for me to feel Elvenar lagging more and more with each update.

DeletedUser967

I play on LAPTOP - and in this case I can understand when games like Skyrim/FC4 use more of resources, I play on low/medium because in high my laptop go hot then I must always use my cooling pad, so it is impossible that browser game use more resources than these really big games.:(

DeletedUser

With adobe flash it is usual waste a madness of ram and cpu :mad: but even for adobe flash there should be something wrong with this version :eek:
2epkk1g.jpg

The only way to visit friends is with Muf tip, every 5 visits have to refresh and ram is down again ;)

DeletedUser967

Problems with ram during visiting players is known on forum as Memory Leak. It is seriously problem and we must wait some time to fix it - I noticed that 1 player = ~450-500 mb of ram but sometimes this value is different.
Important during visiting others right now is watching your cpu and reload browser if you got full of ram. But problem with cpu is different problem, during visiting players I personally have no problem but during reading/writing messages to/from guild cpu go up even to 90%.

Terek if you can check it yourself how does it looks for you during messages with guild and remember to always watching your ram during visiting players. Especially if you have low ram. ;)

DeletedUser867

DeletedUser927

I found the same issue visiting other players, instead I checked many times but neither ram nor cpu raise when I read messages from fellowship, i tried with private messages and with fellowship messages but nothing happens

DeletedUser927

I forgot to report that when the issue happens the message I get from the browser (chrome) is " Shockwave flash has crashed"

DeletedUser

• Ctrl + C: Return to City
  • Ctrl + W: Go to the World Map
  • Ctrl + B: Open the Build Menu
  • Ctrl + R: Open the Research Tree
  • Ctrl + T: Open the Trader

It does not work ...

DeletedUser927

With Crome:
  • Ctrl + C: Return to City OK
  • Ctrl + W: Go to the World Map Doesn't work: it closes the tab
  • Ctrl + B: Open the Build Menu OK
  • Ctrl + R: Open the Research Tree OK
  • Ctrl + T: Open the Trader Doesn't work: it opens a new tab

DeletedUser

I'm using Google Chrome and I've tested the same issues as Old Owl :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser967

The value depends on the city size of the player you're visiting: big cities take more ram than small ones. :)
I noticed that but I thought that is something else so thanks for explain ;)

About hotkeys - I use firefox in home, chrome in job and that hotkeys don't work on both :( :( :( I'm sad because it's really cool think :(

The hotkeys work perfectly for me (Windows 7, FireFox 39.0). The game is your active screen when you try using the hotkeys, right? If you want to be sure: just click somewhere in the game first before using the hotkeys.

DeletedUser252

Has anyone tried playing Elvenar while leaving the forum open?
Yes, I always play with the forum open; I go back and forward between the 2 of them.
I play with 2 versions of Elvenar open ( the Beta and the Dutch version) and both forums.
Sometimes I play FoE as well, but then it's going to get a bit slow.

DeletedUser

I do the same as myself: I've FOE, Elvenar and the forum open and all work perfectly ;)