• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Ranking points for Ancient Wonders

DeletedUser

Once upon a time there was one, as usual, somewhat lukewarm announcement, regarding implementing a system where Ancient Wonders will also give points for rankings.

Anybody knows something about this, or was this only told, to say something without saying anything?

• We will implement a system where Ancient Wonders will also give points for the rankings, as they currently give none. The score will be based on the number of Knowledge Points used to upgrade them. We hope to offer you this in one of our next updates, but we don't have a solid date for this yet.

DeletedUser629

Muf-Muf's message is quite clear on this, there is no solid date for it yet. We will announce it on the forum when we do have a date, like we always do with updates.

DeletedUser

.... will announce it on the forum when we do have a date, like we always do with updates.

Thanks for your typical cocky standard answer.

My question was not 'if Muf-Muf's message was clear or not', but if after a huge time (a month or so) somebody knows anything.

I think it's probably more likely the case that you have 'no idea' rather than 'no date' - things that sometimes happen at the more or less important system hustlers working for some lousy diamonds ... :)

DeletedUser

Since we have large Fairy buildings and a limited number of expansions, many of us are likely considering this question.

DeletedUser629

Thanks for your typical cocky standard answer.

My question was not 'if Muf-Muf's message was clear or not', but if after a huge time (a month or so) somebody knows anything.

I think it's probably more likely the case that you have 'no idea' rather than 'no date' - things that sometimes happen at the more or less important system hustlers working for some lousy diamonds ... :)

Again. We will announce it here on the forum when we have a set date for it.

DeletedUser629

Since we have large Fairy buildings and a limited number of expansions, many of us are likely considering this question.

The fairies do need a bit more space than the dwarves, but not much. With 9 new expansions, players will get 225 extra squares to work with. This, and the fact that only the armories are getting bigger in size, should be enough to build a decent city with the space you currently have.

DeletedUser118

Sorry Goryn but that's just not true. The biggets cultural building is bigger than the one of the dwarves, the workshops have to be turned around 90 degrees while also getting larger, same goes for the manufactories. Plus the armories you have already mentioned. And all get larger to the side not the front. A reason why I asked for a change of the side where the new extra room was added and even asked why you added it there and not on the other side of the city. But I never recieved an answer for that.

However, to also add something to the topic. I wouldn't mind recieving points for KPs I use on ppls Wonders. But I already spent so many, I hope those will also be turned into points. I really don't wanna see them get lost. So if you really gonna change it so ppl are recieveing points for KPs spend on Wonders, please don't forget all those who have already spent so many. ;)

DeletedUser629

Ah, yes, factories and workshops do get a bit bigger, my apologies.

The human workshops turn in the right direction according to your explanation, the elves ones don't. had they added 9 expansions at the bottom, the elves would have had a better spot. I do think both races should be able to find a way to work with this.

I wouldn't mind receiving points as well, i could use some ;)

I don't think we will get points for KP already spend. We also didn't get runes for the 250 provinces we had conquered already when the AW's came out. But it sure would be nice :)

DeletedUser778

I think it is difficult to find a good way to calculate points for wonders.
With the fairy tech crafted good manufactories give the most points per square (including best non premium buildings for worker/culture requirements) ~62 per square, but with every upgrade, coming with new levels of buildings and better cultural buildings this value increases.
If they would implement a 1:1 system for kps spend in wonders the sanctuary/monastery would give ~137 points per square. I would find it a little too much, so my next step would be 1 point per 2 kps spend for ~69 points per square.
That sounds quite good, maybe a little too less, and furthermore it would not be good, when with further upgrades "ordinary" manufactories might give more.
So I can understand that it might take the designers a little more time to think about a good score system for wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I might be wrong, but i have a feeling that the points given for wonders will be based on the level of the wonders in your city and won't have anything to do with the kps you donate. So you will get points based on the kps used to level your ancient wonders, regardless of who donated. It's the way the Great Buildings work in FoE and i doubt they will do it differently here.

DeletedUser867

• If you've been swapping KPs, they the end result is the same in any case.
  • If you've been buying Rune Shards, or simply dumping off your extra KPs, then you'll fall behind the folks who made the early investments and provided the attractive AWs.

DeletedUser

The fairies do need a bit more space than the dwarves, but not much. With 9 new expansions, players will get 225 extra squares to work with. This, and the fact that only the armories are getting bigger in size, should be enough to build a decent city with the space you currently have.

I wasn't complaining re the 9 available expansions. When we're planning our progress through the Research this time, we'll be re-organizing our cities in the most complex format yet. Without knowing the specifics of the Wonder scoring, it's difficult to know whether or not to include the comparatively useless Wonders or not.

Wonders should just be assigned a flat score per level, in my opinion. The graphics are beautiful - we'd like to build them, and clearly the developers would prefer that we do so. Since the benefits aren't sufficient to convince many of us to build all of them, a simple flat score would make everyone happy. You score them, we will build.

If they would implement a 1:1 system for kps spend in wonders the sanctuary/monastery would give ~137 points per square. I would find it a little too much, so my next step would be 1 point per 2 kps spend for ~69 points per square.

Given that the Wonders are so much more difficult to build, I'm curious as to why they shouldn't score far more than simple manufactories?

DeletedUser651

As a non diamond player who was finished with the tech tree way back in October, I still can't get my wonders past level 5. Now that the fairies are here they will just sit here and do nothing while I am busy with other stuff. Frankly, they have been such a slow and useless addition, I kind of wish they were eliminated. They have caused more fights and ill will, they take up valuable space, and most of them actually cost you benefits.

DeletedUser118

Once the players are done with the tech tree of the fairies, they will very likely return to using their KPs on ppls Wonders again. So to me the Wonders are nothing but "bridges" between the times of other features comming, such as the dwarves before, the fairies now and the third race ahead.

DeletedUser

.... So to me the Wonders are nothing but "bridges" between the times of other features comming, such as the dwarves before, the fairies now and the third race ahead.

All the more reason why they should represent a significant score. If investing the KP actually lowers our score, we might as well let them go to waste.

DeletedUser519

Our score consists of our working population and our required culture plus additional pts for solving encounters in provinces
The A.W.s require no population or culture = no points =that's why players don't build them
So their value wont be based on those 2 factors
The value should be a set amount per level based on all resources spent to upgrade A.W. to next level (an amount unique to A.Ws)
So every player with a level 7 Mountain Hall will get the same amount of pts for that A.W as the other players with level 7 M.H.
It is harder to upgrade A.W.s than the average build so their value should be higher than average buildings
My experience with the A.Ws isn't as bleak as some players
At this point in my main world on US server I have all A.W.s 3 of them at level 6 and climbing and 1 at level 2 = 20 levels
Luckily I had no trouble finding the runes I needed even though I had discovered a lot of neighbors before research was released
I am in a great F.S. that helps level them up without many of the so called "snipers" jumping our spots for runes
One last thing you can guarantee when they do add a value to our A.W.s
We wont know what that amount will be before they release it and they wont go into specific details about how they came up with that amount

DeletedUser867

We wont know what that amount will be before they release it and they wont go into specific details about how they came up with that amount
Forge of Empires provides us with a very large hint.
  • Building Score is the equivalent of our Culture + Workers. Great Buildings score similarly to other buildings of the same size.
  • The total of the points that have been contributed you GBs that you own, contributes directly to your score
Ancient Wonders are like elaborate boxes on your Technology Tree, or a fancy Cultural Building that can be upgraded. As such I'd expect to see contributed points as part of our score, as the developers have already indicated, but NOT Workers nor Culture.

DeletedUser762

Can I just ask? what is this thing about ranking? I can understand on Foe it is somewhat important, because people fear you for your ranking points, although it is also questionable. But who cares about it here, we are here to relax after Foe lol. I couldn't care less about ranking here, that's just adding stress element to the game. Maybe you should relax more. It's just a pretty little game with pretty buildings nice for the eyes, kinda like decorating your house. The element of competition is very small here and good job too. I don't go round looking who's decorated the houses better than me.

DeletedUser118

If you really wanna be a Top 10 player you have to spend alot of money, which I don't have. So why should I even bother becomming one? Nah, I prefer to play this game nice and slow and if I like to spend some diamonds I do, but definitly not as much as some of the Top 10 players. But then again I say, for each player its own way. ;)

DeletedUser762

yeah i think it just comes from people that like to say: my car is better than yours LOL. this is really non-competitive game. I can't give a monkey who's got a better car, I love mine. I do have a sneaky peak here sometimes, to see what the building is going to look like after the up-grade, but I try not to, cause it ruins the surprise. I may also have a look, how some utilised their space to give me an idea. other than this, I can't care less.