• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Polishing?

DeletedUser

Will there be an update allowing polishing of all cultural elements? It would be a benefit for both, I believe.
As of right now I believe on the 3x3's can be polished.
Receiving party would not need to worry about space for the larger element.
Donating party would receive the daily help .
I am trying to scout and make more neighbors , and understand we are from all over the world.
I believe I can receive up to 2 on builders ( which I think might benefit from a time frame, as opposed to a 1 time aid) 1 on main hall , and (in my city's case) 3 balloon polishes.
Which means only 6 of my neighbors can help at a time.
I try to aid all my neighbors at the same time , as opposed to going back and forth ...?
What you think?

DeletedUser

This isn't possible (yet?). You might wanna support the ideas about efficiently helping neighbors
The neighbors I have "discovered" I can aide on a daily basis, whether it is town hall, builders or polishing of balloons or great statues, I am at a lower level so I have not seen the Holy Codex.. I was just saying it might be more helpful if all could be polished.

DeletedUser43

I've changed the prefix of this thread to "World Map", as the idea concerns neighbourly help.

If I understand you correctly, you'd like to be able to polish the lower level cultural buildings. These buildings are:
  • Luminous Signposts and Purple Blossom Trees for Elves
  • Glorious Statue and Blue Flowers for Humans
If I miss some buildings, please add them to this thread in a new post. As Acamax has said, you're already able to aid the next level cultural buildings, e.g. the Flying Boat for Elves and the Holy Codex for Humans. :)

DeletedUser

Yes, I think it might be more helpful, if able to polish smaller cultural elements, (at a lower amount of neighborly help) ..if you are able to view my city , right now I have no room to build another cultural building (to put myself at 170%) and if my neighbors are helping me only 6 can help at a time...if all things are done, then no other neighbors can aid ( i also mean this in reverse as to me giving help)

DeletedUser

I understand what you mean, methusu, polishing decorations can be a pain, not much help unless they create more cultural buildings in each level. higher levels of "happiness" provided for more expensive 1x1's , also, expansion of aid to help all neighbors..at this point i have 20+ neighbors and if there neighbors aid them and (which for most,at my stage of the game, is only 4-6 chances to get the bonus)

ThaMartin

I'd rather keep it like it is now. There's not enough activity at this moment to even polish all of my bigger cultural buildings so please don't exchange them for the small ones :p

DeletedUser

@elvenmurph: Sorry, I don't understand what you are missing - possibilities to help or possiblities to get help?

DeletedUser

not looking to get the bigger ones exchanged, spoiled on FOE i guess, I have no more room at the moment to put anything , until next expansion...
maybe add a few more smaller cultural buildings in each level (high happiness value=more coin, supplies) maybe i am growing to fast..only been playing for 3-4 days so still just learning..

DeletedUser

See if I can explain what i mean , again not being facetious, as my village is now i need 97 more cultural bonus to reach the 170%, yes i understand neighbors help, but being from all over the world, (i am in the US, please not hating :) ) so I have no room to place anything else, but if there where higher 1x1's or the ability to have neighbors polish the smaller cultural elements ? Do you understand what I am saying?

DeletedUser

I visited your city a while ago and i saw 3 flying boats. As I remember it was quite easy to keep the highest bonus at that stage, I really cannot believe that there is a need to have small culture buildings polished and 3 polished flying boats are not enough...

DeletedUser

as everyone knows not all neighbors help, so it think it might be beneficial if there were more choices, not looking for an argument, btw, I was just making a suggestion.. lacking in neighborly help it would be nice to be able to help oneself ...
the game isn't at the point yet that you can attack neighbors or give any backlash for lack of neighborly help...so just saying ....

DeletedUser651

I think I understand what you are saying.....you are saying that you would rather not have to devote so much room to a big flying boat and instead have it so your smaller items could be polished too. That way you could just stick a lampost here and there wherever it will fit..or something similarly small and those tiny items could be polished by a lot of neighbors, which would still give you help, but wouldn't have to use up such a large block of space. Is that right? Also, it would make it more useful to be visited by more neighbors.

If I have that right, I kind of like the way it is. I like being up against space problems. It makes the game more interesting to me and gives me more to think about. There is a lot more planning involved. I agree that culture has taken up too much of our areas, but I think the new culture change is trying to fix that issue. So, we won't be bothering to get the 200% with a whole city of cultural buildings. Though I do agree there are still problems with the culture system, and I do like the idea of "more neighbors more help". idk.....I will have to think about this some more.

But, if I have misunderstood you, then please forgive me.

DeletedUser

no i like the balloons, but at the moment i dont have an expansion at the moment, to add another one, nor do i wish to delete buildings, but if there were more choices of buildings with higher value at you process through a level, ( so i could replace the lampost with a town crier or something like that, worth more points) or if the smaller items could be polished also, for if more neighbors decide to start helping ( at the moment 3 balloons can be polished , so if more items were available to polish, then more might be polished?) Not saying get rid of the balloons, but maybe add some more smaller , large happiness point value, items?
I like moving along as well, I like fight in provinces for those expansions. Maybe, if there was a way to punish those neglectful neighbors ha. I also read a thread along the lines of an extra bonus for being a good neighbor...

DeletedUser264

The whole idea is good elvenmurph, but only in the first week of playing the game. Later you would probably cry if it was implemented. Many players do not care if they are polishing bigger or lower bonus buildings. I have several mysterious cyclones in easy to click locations, but still half of my visitors polish spots of whispering trees. Just think what would happen if, after long and hard building up your town, you had several high culture buildings being ignored by neighbours and got your luminous singposts and other small buildings polished instead... :D
-1 for that

DeletedUser

yeah it happened in FOE all the time , polishing decos (smaller cultural stuff) is a pain, but i have been reading other posts
maybe some kind of daily return bonus or something along those lines,
i agree like you said its only my first week, but having to spend cultural points for building or upgrading , is putting me behind , not enough neighbors helping blah blah blah ( the game is just starting i know...i need to relax ha ) in lieu of PvP , where you could punish those bad neighbors, maybe a daily cultural bonus or for each neighbor you visit? i am getting off topic sorry

DeletedUser264

In my opinion, rewarding players for visits done and not received would be much better idea, but it is not Innogames style, you are not rewarded for what you do but for what your neighbours/friends do and you end up with being punished for their inactivity or lack of attention. :D I hope it will change at some point.

DeletedUser43

yeah it happened in FOE all the time , polishing decos (smaller cultural stuff) is a pain, but i have been reading other posts
maybe some kind of daily return bonus or something along those lines,
i agree like you said its only my first week, but having to spend cultural points for building or upgrading , is putting me behind , not enough neighbors helping blah blah blah ( the game is just starting i know...i need to relax ha ) in lieu of PvP , where you could punish those bad neighbors, maybe a daily cultural bonus or for each neighbor you visit? i am getting off topic sorry

In my opinion, rewarding players for visits done and not received would be much better idea, but it is not Innogames style, you are not rewarded for what you do but for what your neighbours/friends do and you end up with being punished for their inactivity or lack of attention. :D I hope it will change at some point.

Let's keep this thread revolving around the idea to polish the lower level cultural buildings. If you're interested in ideas about receiving rewards for aiding your neighbours, please support one (or both) of the ideas here (click) and here (click). :)

DeletedUser

Right now I have over 50 cities to visit daily to collect my coins. For WEEKS I polished all of them, now I just polish those who polish me (maybe 2 per day! OUT OF OVER 50 NEIGHBORS!) Then I get angry emails asking "why do you not polish, when I visit every day?" Yes, they do visit every day (TO DONATE), but they do not polish, then they get angry because I give them the same treatment I get from them. Hypocrites. I am so tired of being expected to waste my time on them, when they totally ignore me. We should be able to "block" others from even visiting our cities when they harass us, yet they get to collect their coins in our cities.