• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Polishing?

DeletedUser503

I polish for my neighbors who polish OR donate coins OR give builder help. If all my culture is already polished,
they have little choice but to choose one of the other help options. They are making the effort, they will be
rewarded. That being said, for those who never come to give ANY kind of help, I donate coins in the Main Hall instead, as I get coins in return.
Being able to polish very small culture buildings, like lamp posts, no, way too small. Would probably upset any balance there is in the
culture reward system as it now stands. Those of us who can't use diamonds to get more space, for culture,
will struggle along, but I am still liking the challenge. :D

DeletedUser

I polish for my neighbors who polish OR donate coins OR give builder help. If all my culture is already polished,
they have little choice but to choose one of the other help options. They are making the effort, they will be
rewarded. That being said, for those who never come to give ANY kind of help, I donate coins in the Main Hall instead, as I get coins in return.
Being able to polish very small culture buildings, like lamp posts, no, way too small. Would probably upset any balance there is in the
culture reward system as it now stands. Those of us who can't use diamonds to get more space, for culture,
will struggle along, but I am still liking the challenge. :D
It would be WONDERFUL to have the problem of nothing of Culture left to Polish. And, they don't make the effort, yet when I stop, they write nasty, complaining emails. All I want is for them to do what they EXPECT of me. Guess I'm just wishing . . . :)

DeletedUser442

Pehaps not all the smaller buildings. The ones more advanced might do the trick. Perhaps it's an idea to have special small ones (new culture buildings) to polish. The polisheble ones.. they are all so big. But then.. small ones only give a small amount extra when polished. I wonder if it is worth the trouble for the owner of the polished small culture stuff.

DeletedUser

I put polish up in city name, (wish there were more characters to provide more, have suggested it) but only a few give back out of all the places discovered, its a pain, am sure as the game progresses, there will be other options.

DeletedUser43

As I've posted earlier: let's keep this thread about the idea to make smaller culture buildings aidable. The discussion about not receiving enough neighbourly help can be held elsewhere on the forum, e.g. in the General Discussion Forum (as feedback) or in the Beta 1 Forum (to contact players in your neighbourhood). ;)

So far, most players agree that it might be interesting in the beginning of the game to get your smaller culture buildings aided, but that it will become annoying when you've got larger culture buildings. Maybe there could be a compromise, for example that beginning players could get their smaller culture buildings aided only in the very first week they play. Perhaps you have some other ideas. I'd love to hear them! I'd like to know if this idea would get more support if we tweak it a little bit. :)

DeletedUser

Whenever a player receives a nasty mail that might violate game rules, report it, you have that option. No need to complain about it here.

As for myself, i don't like the idea of being able to polish small culture buildings, they are hardly beneficial, and raises the risks of neighbours polishing the wrong buidlings, mostly because Elves have no idea which human building gives the most culture and vice versa.

To check all buildings, their culture value, and which ones you can or can't polish, check the wiki page. This has been very helpful to me whenever i visited an Elvish neighbour.

https://beta.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Culture

DeletedUser442

I agree, in the beginning the culture buildings are big. It is starting to become a handicap halfway the game. They are beautiful but so many are so incredibly big. 3*3 is quite common. The Shrine of Enar could have easily been 2*2 instead of 3*3. Valorian Seasnake Could have been 3*3 instead of 3*4. There is so much grass around it, that it feels as if I have room to place things.