• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Reward for neighborly help the same as bonus for neighbor

DeletedUser800

My suggestion: Tie the reward you get from helping your neighbors to the way you've helped them. Get coins when helping the main hall, a cultural boost when helping with culture, and an upgrade boost when helping with builders. When helping someone who helped you in the past 23h, you get some supplies (as it is now), too.

Example: When helping a neighbor with one of his/her cultural buildings, one of your cultural buildings gets a minor 8h boost, too.

As it is now: You get coins when helping a neighbor, regardless which way you help. When helping a neighbor who helped you in the past 23h, you get a small amount of supplies, too.

Reason: The reward you'll get from helping your neighbors is poor atm (my opinon). Besides, neighborly help you receive is also poor. The suggested mechanic could increase neighborly help.

Note: This is a variant of the idea RugBug postet in the thread http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/discussion-bonus-recalculation-changes-in-culture.1473/page-2.

DeletedUser58

This seems a bit excessive though. If I have discovered 80 neighbors and I help all of them, that's 80 culture polishes for myself. Not that I would mind them of course :D but it would make things too easy and currently I don't even own 80 buildings which can be polished. Maybe a partial bonus, dunno. I just think the amount of coin/supplies that can be received by aiding neighbors is already big enough.

DeletedUser236

I go with ThePhantom on this one.. Once you discover more and more neighbors a bonus as described in the idea above makes the game to easy.. I get where you are coming from, but once your main hall is a higher level the coins and supplies your get are actually quite a lot (and for me even sufficient to spend on the wholesaler) :)

DeletedUser43

I've changed the prefix of this thread to "World Map". If you click on that prefix in the list of threads, you can see other ideas that are related to neighbourly help. Please also see this new idea (click) that serves the same purpose (namely to increase neighbourly help), but tries to tackle the problem in a different way. I'm curious to see which solution would be preferred. :)

DeletedUser

I like a game to challange me where I have to ballance expansion, culture, production, military and the other interaction options available to me. If you skew the game in favour of the player too much then it does not present enough of a challange and then becomes boring. You need the challange of trying to have enough culture to boost coin and production, quests that are sometimes difficult to achieve. If it is too easy then why do it.

I agree with ThePhantom that the rewards we get at the moment is enough.