• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Feature - Fellowship Progression

Enevhar Aldarion

Something I am not clear on with the cool down period and I am wondering if this has been figured out yet.

So on live we have had players between two FS switch places for the purpose of exchanging good, and many of us in the two FSs have been in a FS together at some time, so it is also an opportunity to visit with old friends for a week, and then the players switch back.

So, how do the perks penalize this activity? The switch is always done after the tournament ends and before the spire starts but there has never been a cool down period. If you aren't in a FS at the start of the FA, you can't play it, but will the cool down period lock you out of the tournament and/or spire? If the cool down period is only for NH, that's not such a big deal, but I think it is a big deal if it locks you out of any spire or tournament if you are there for the start of it.

So from what others have posted here about how it worked in their fellowships, If someone joins a fellowship after the Spire or the tournament have started for the week, they can still do the one they are late for, but none of their points count toward the fellowship totals and they cannot get the fellowship chests for that week. So it is not a true cooldown where they can't do anything at all that week in the Spire or tournament, unlike the neighborly help cooldown, where they cannot give any help at all for the first 24 hours after joining.

And while I have not seen anyone say how it works when someone joins in the time when either the Spire or tournament are not active, the info that Inno did give us sounds like there is no cooldown at that time. But there should not be, since if someone is there for the start in your fellowship, and then jumps to another fellowship, they won't be able to help the 2nd fellowship at all in the Spire or tournament.

Enevhar Aldarion

We will let you know as soon as we know, (earliest monday).
But I expect its just the app that needs a newer version and browser is the correct one. (App updates need to be approved by google/apple/amazon/... before they are updated in their stores and that takes a few days)

Looks like it was the other way around and the app was the correct version? The browser now shows that only the Archmage can reset the Perks, though Mages can still spend XP on Perk levels. I guess that means if an AM needs to reset the Perks more than once in a month, they are the ones who have to pay diamonds for the 2nd reset. Or has it been changed to only being able to reset the Perks once per month, no matter what?

SlyLady

Great, so that glitch made it from Beta to Live, even though it was fixed here. EN must be the extra test server again. Are all the Perks available too?
It also appeared on the US servers yesterday, although I did not notice it today. No Perks visible either day.

Alpha-74

We have a period of one day before having the free KP and the polishing advantage only works for polishings performed after validation after the advantage. So i Think that we should be able to reset the perks individually. On the other hand the free kp are acquired thanks to the experience of the fellowship (it is not the same thing as the connection gift) it should therefore be able to be cumulative

eleutheria

Personally I don't mind because I think I am in great guilds already. But...

I think this will gradually increase incentive to switch into "better" guilds, and make it more and more difficult for new guilds to form or catch up with older ones, because nobody wants to join a guild that lags behind in perks or does not have any yet.

World of Warcraft (some of you may remember the leading MMO of its time) also introduced guild perks that could be leveled, but dropped the leveling mechanism again one expansion later, returning to constant benefits of being in a guild. And probably for good reasons..
Yes, it also means that the best fellowships will have fewer openings, and will be a lot more demanding, so the newer players will have a hard time finding a place. I've noticed how picky they can be. I like the guild I'm in with my main account, my beta account is just to try out new stuff. They SAY they want feedback, but when I've tried, I've been hit by griefers. The guild I'm in beta has two active members, the top gun and me at the bottom. In my US account, I'm towards the bottom but contribute a great deal in the tourneys and FA I do the best I can. I'm glad to help out the fellowship, but can see there will be some problems with this sort of reward system.

kkk3

For the first four steps in the spire of eternity it might be nice to have 1000 fellowship experience (or a lower value than the other steps, but nothing is a little too little)

Enevhar Aldarion

For the first four steps in the spire of eternity it might be nice to have 1000 fellowship experience (or a lower value than the other steps, but nothing is a little too little)

Just making sure, but you do understand it is where the purple bar is that determines both chests and XP earned by a fellowship in the Spire? Individuals do not earn any Perk XP for what they personally do in the Spire or tournament.

kkk3

Yes, I mean if the purple bar reach "High Hall" objective, no experience is earned by the fellowship and this seems too little to me

kkk3

maybe it's just a visualization problem, because hovering the mouse now that we have reached the High Halls goal I no longer see the 4000 points for the 4 goals up to Laboratory

Skillpowers

maybe it's just a visualization problem, because hovering the mouse now that we have reached the High Halls goal I no longer see the 4000 points for the 4 goals up to Laboratory
its a bug they need to fix yea , you do get the "xp" for all the goals you reach in the spire for the FS

palmira

I am the AM of my FS live and now that the perks are all on I think I will level the tourney and KPs ones, we always reach gold on the spire and polish within the necessary timeframe but for FS struggling for the gold on the spire that perk can be a great help, both for the prizes and the extra XP earned ( if stored points count towards the XP gained in the end of the spire)

Skillpowers

I am the AM of my FS live and now that the perks are all on I think I will level the tourney and KPs ones, we always reach gold on the spire and polish within the necessary timeframe but for FS struggling for the gold on the spire that perk can be a great help, both for the prizes and the extra XP earned ( if stored points count towards the XP gained in the end of the spire)
if you use stored points to get the last prize in spire you will ofcourse get the "xp" for the last price in the spire ;)