• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Mobile-Only QLE: Crash and the Undead

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement for our upcoming mobile-only QLE here and let us know what you think about it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Marindor

@Elrondriel That's one way to see it, but you don't have to do them of course :) So instead of going the negative way: What we are saying is that while the FA is running on browser (we don't have them on mobile yet), we also have some nice incentive to offer to our mobile-only players in the mean time :cool:

Elrondriel

@Marindor There's nothing negative, it's simply facts. An yes, this whole game in fact is fully optional.
Elvenar used to be one game that could be played on two different platforms. Now, instead of getting the job done and finally getting both platforms into sync, you intentionally widen the gap (even if only temporarily, as I assume this will only be the final test for the event feature on mobile) by 1) introducing exclusive mobile content and 2) make it more difficult for "dual platform players".

But anyway, we've long passed the point where I even try to understand what's going on here :rolleyes:.

DeletedUser2312

I hope you have thought on that some quest are much more difficult if they are played only on App. I think about quest like gain xxx relicts.

Avenahar

I fear that my fellows prefer to play the mobile Event instead of joining the FA as the rewards on mobile are much more attractive.
Additionally even if they would play both, mobile event and FA, it means either signing in on mobile or on PC. Signing in the account on mobile and PC at the same time doesn't work.. So having an eye on the 50 bevarages for producing the Dwarven Brewery Badge and solving 10 Encounters for a mobile quest isn't possible.
I think this idea is a grave for the FA. Honestly I would recommend my fellows to Play the mobile Event with less stress an better rewards.

SoggyShorts

I hope you have thought on that some quest are much more difficult if they are played only on App. I think about quest like gain xxx relicts.
@Marindor How does this work?
If I get to a "gain 10 relics" quest in the mobile QLE, and then log in to the browser to do the tournament, will my relics gained count?

Same question for "gain 10 beverages" or pretty much any quest.

Last edited:

Karvest

Quest for money_sack badges was successfully finished while doing NH on mobile in previous FA, need just relog into browser to accept reward and cycle for next one.

SoggyShorts

Quest for money_sack badges was successfully finished while doing NH on mobile in previous FA, need just relog into browser to accept reward and cycle for next one.
Well that implies that it should work for this too which helps, but sitting in front of my computer and logging in on my phone to do visits already seemed pretty awkward, now doing everything like that feels like a huge step in the wrong direction for development.

Marindor

@Marindor How does this work?
If I get to a "gain 10 relics" quest in the mobile QLE, and then log in to the browser to do the tournament, will my relics gained count?

Same question for "gain 10 beverages" or pretty much any quest.

The way it's supposed to work, is this:

Things should only count towards Mobile QLE quests when you perform them on Mobile. The Mobile QLE quests should also not be visible in the browser version. The things that should count towards FA quests should only count when you perform them in the Browser version. In this version, you won't see the mobile quests and things will not count towards the mobile quests either.

But of course we're Beta, so let's see if things will indeed go as planned :p

Elrondriel

What's the definition of "performing things" ? Let's assume there is a quest like "upgrade a building" or "gain some goods" up in mobile. Then you go offline in the evening. During night, the building upgrade finishes or someone accepts a trade, so normally, when you login in mobile the next morning, the quest would be done. Now, what if you first login on browser the next morning ? Is your progress lost or will it still count the next time you login by mobile ? :confused:

Marindor

Hi guys,

Sorry, my mistake. I double checked. The backend will have 6 quests open at the same time, the client will have only 4. So in the backend, things should indeed count towards all 6 open quests.

Jixel

My personal ranking of how important various changes are for the mobile version:
1. Be able to log in / switch worlds without entering username or password every time. Just remember them like every other app I have !
2. Be able to donate to AWs / view AWs / upgrade AWs
3. Collect chests on NH.
4-N. Implement all the other things which aren't there on mobile yet.

9999. Have a mobile-only QLE.

Seriously, this is some mixed-up priorities coming from the development team. Don't you guys have meetings or something to work out what's most important to the players ? Isn't that what you should be focusing on first ?