• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Mischievous Therapy

Bor de Wolf 1965

A while ago I did a suggestion for some new event quests and some would be new and you would have to use the event currency with them.

Like pick up 6 event currency items around your town.
That would have been a quest that you are already doing anyways.

Or use some event items.
In this event it would mean use some candles, Lanterns or Flash flasks.
In other events it would have been open some boxes.

Or get some event points.
In this event it would mean collect some of those ghosts.
in other events, by opening some boxes you get the points.

These 3 quests are things you would do anyway just to progress in the event.

Lovec Krys

Like pick up 6 event currency items around your town.
That would have been a quest that you are already doing anyways.
So basicaly quest for waiting several hours until they spawn. Best on day one blocking you from getting (usualy) mana daily you want.

Or use some event items.
Strongly against. I don't want to waste event currency, i want to keep it to use in a single day (when the daily i want is up).

Or get some event points.
In this event it would mean collect some of those ghosts.
in other events, by opening some boxes you get the points.
The same as previous.

Bor de Wolf 1965

So basicaly quest for waiting several hours until they spawn. Best on day one blocking you from getting (usualy) mana daily you want.
So, you don't sleep or are away from your computer for the entire event period?
Strongly against. I don't want to waste event currency, i want to keep it to use in a single day (when the daily i want is up).
There are quests now I don't like but I do them any way.
An easy example for using event currency for this event:
you have 420+ magic ingredients, so you buy the max package and you don't loose anything
And for the open a box events:
there are always 3 options to select from and the worst thing that can happen is you win the daily prize on a day you don't want the prize from.

Look at it from an other perspective.
More different quests to select from = less chance on 2x the same quest on a row.

Lovec Krys

So, you don't sleep or are away from your computer for the entire event period?
And you want to get this quest during the first day afternoon blocking you from getting more event currency? Especialy in the usual cases when you need for example new mana buildings and the only good mana building is on day one?

There are quests now I don't like but I do them any way.
An easy example for using event currency for this event:
you have 420+ magic ingredients, so you buy the max package and you don't loose anything
And for the open a box events:
there are always 3 options to select from and the worst thing that can happen is you win the daily prize on a day you don't want the prize from.

Look at it from an other perspective.
More different quests to select from = less chance on 2x the same quest on a row.
For me these quests are in the same category as "wait 2 days until next tournament starts to continue with the quests" or "throw your event currency away"

Bor de Wolf 1965

This morning, like a lot of people I presume, I reacted on the daily quest with "O gatver" (expression of dislike)
But after waking up I realised: it is a 24h quest and I will get the next quest in 24h so no problem here.
Do I put up 2 level 1 workshops for it or do I use 2 of my existing workshops for it?
And as my opinion for this quest and people that put a total of 48h on time boost on them to get them finished the quest is good and if you use time boosters on them you are behaving like a fool for the next quest takes 24h to pop up and not before.

Lovec Krys

it is a 24h quest and I will get the next quest in 24h so no problem here.
If you're at the daily quests, then no, but remember that players hit daily quests in very different time - some on day one, some week later, some three days from end. So there are players who don't have this quest as a daily quest, but as a sequential quest.

Anyway, we have to again count with toolboxes (fortunately i did).

Lelanya

Yup Yup, I had 2 cooked and waiting, seeing as 2 popped up in the last event. I suppose I had better get some Admiral Altars and Fabulous Fountains ready as well. Worse comes to worst they'll be ready for FA.

Enevhar Aldarion

This morning, like a lot of people I presume, I reacted on the daily quest with "O gatver" (expression of dislike)
But after waking up I realised: it is a 24h quest and I will get the next quest in 24h so no problem here.
Do I put up 2 level 1 workshops for it or do I use 2 of my existing workshops for it?
And as my opinion for this quest and people that put a total of 48h on time boost on them to get them finished the quest is good and if you use time boosters on them you are behaving like a fool for the next quest takes 24h to pop up and not before.

I remembered that being done in the last event and I remember coming here, or maybe the US forum, and complaining about some Inno dev getting his/her kicks by doing that to us, after years of not having anything longer than 9 hours being needed. I remember to set a few 24-hour workshops going in one city, but forgot to keep a couple going in my other Beta city, so it is a good thing that today's daily was not something that I wanted, because no way would I waste those time boosters for this.

Enevhar Aldarion

Yup Yup, I had 2 cooked and waiting, seeing as 2 popped up in the last event. I suppose I had better get some Admiral Altars and Fabulous Fountains ready as well. Worse comes to worst they'll be ready for FA.

I don't think they will do that because all the players in chapter 12+ cannot make those in their leveled-up factories. And all quests can be completed with our normal buildings.

Brummbaer

Nice joke o_O, blocked for a long time.

1665460891619.png

Heffernan

I don't think they will do that because all the players in chapter 12+ cannot make those in their leveled-up factories. And all quests can be completed with our normal buildings.
I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but I do think they could do that.

Logic being... every fa we build bundle of level 1 factories and in those can make 1 or 2 day productions, so why not in events.
After all the whole concept of these kind of quests, as I see them, is to throw a spanner in the works for those players who have reached the locked/daily line perhaps in the first week.

Just today there is a quest "complete research or scout a province" - got me rolling my eyes wondering what now, over 3 days before scout ends, completing a research where I'm standing is a no can do. Answer to that is either wait or use a bundle of timer instants to finish the scout.
Some players took notice what happened last event and built those toolboxes ready, now I'm thinking I might have to make some 20 hr timer instants ready for next event.

As so often before it comes to the point where the argument is "players in this or that situation can't do it".
I felt almost insulted, " I can't finish a research now, and should I wait 3 days when I've already reached the daily line - shouldn't happen to meeee". But it did.

Lovec Krys

A second to @Brummbaer :
1665461653112.png

Being tech-locked for several more weeks, the only option for my beta city is to scout.
And my scouts are currently busy:
1665461695635.png

So thank you /s for the option between waiting 3 days or wasting 70h of time instants!

Enevhar Aldarion

The only cities that would have a problem with tonight's quest should also have thousands of hours of time boosters saved up. My chapter 17 Beta city has over 500 5-hour boosters, plus all the others.

Lovec Krys

@Enevhar Aldarion Good, so then advanced cities should get in the next event quests like:
Use 100h time instants
Donate 1 000 000 mana
Donate 100 000 seeds
Donate 1 000 000 goods
etc...
Since they should have a lot of all these resources, right?

Bor de Wolf 1965

Sorry @Enevhar Aldarion but in this case I will stand by @Lovec Krys .
Who guarantees us that high chapter players should have hundreds of time boosters and they should use them all at once in an event.
I know from my life account, chapter 20 players need a humongous amount of Unurium, Seeds and time boosters just to get the T7-9 goods they need.
If you need 380K of T7 goods and no one is making them any more due to lack of having enough unurium, the only option left for them is to only focus on making T9 goods and use the trader + a lot of time boosts to get them.
So in this case, the road stopper is a little bit of an over kill from the side of Inno.

Heffernan

Did this go astray ??

Somebody suggested that there is a possibility of a quest asking 1 or do 2 day productions in factories in addition to the one asking toolboxes (1 day).
Then people (myself included) moaned about research/finish scout quest. And the need to use timer instants - but only if you choose to. There is the possibility of.... waiting the scout to finish. There's still 10 days on the clock. And then you can catch up with the quests again till you reach the daily line.

There is nothing really complicated being asked - just basic productions in workshop. We don't even know if there'll be quests asking longer productions in factories but if so they would be basic too (1 day or 2 day, whatever).

I don't like these quests, but after calming down a bit realized that showstoppers they are not. And nothing really high end has been asked.

Marindor

A second to @Brummbaer :
View attachment 10361
Being tech-locked for several more weeks, the only option for my beta city is to scout.
And my scouts are currently busy:
View attachment 10362

So thank you /s for the option between waiting 3 days or wasting 70h of time instants!

Thank you for letting us know. With tomorrow's game update the research part of this quest will be replaced with "produce X baskets of groceries".

Lelanya

Did this go astray ??

Somebody suggested that there is a possibility of a quest asking 1 or do 2 day productions in factories in addition to the one asking toolboxes (1 day).
Then people (myself included) moaned about research/finish scout quest. And the need to use timer instants - but only if you choose to. There is the possibility of.... waiting the scout to finish. There's still 10 days on the clock. And then you can catch up with the quests again till you reach the daily line.

There is nothing really complicated being asked - just basic productions in workshop. We don't even know if there'll be quests asking longer productions in factories but if so they would be basic too (1 day or 2 day, whatever).

I don't like these quests, but after calming down a bit realized that showstoppers they are not. And nothing really high end has been asked.
I was reminiscing back to the time that we used to get asked for the 24 and 48 hour factory quests, in late 2016 and early 2017. And let's face it we all do make those, for FAs.