• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Mischievous Therapy

Nezzie

@Verde, thanks. I already tried the relic, didn't work either. Will see if it sorts itself out, otherwise I will contact support.

SyreArca

Ex-Team Member
View attachment 10351

I seem to be stuck on this task. I have harvested around 10 advanced tools and only three counted.
I have logged out and in twice (Chrome) and even tried another browser (Edge).
Hi @Nezzie
Please do send in a ticket so that we can fix this for you.
This goes for everyone, should you be stuck on a quest that won't accomplish, for now.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :)
Please see this Bug Report

@Uffauffa please do send us a ticket, as well, so that we can pass this along. Thank you!
You all are the best at letting us know right away when something is amiss. ;)

Marindor

Hi guys,

It indeed seems some quest requirements were changed during this morning's deploy, resulting in players who had these quests open getting stuck. I'm not sure if the quest changes were intended, but since it's the weekend now, I don't expect an answer on that before early next week. Should you be stuck because of this, please indeed contact our support team so we can help you out. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2378

I’m enjoying the event so far. As a casual player who can only sign in once or twice a day (if I’m lucky), I now know that it’s really tough to gain all artifacts need to reach a level 10 evolving building, even when completing all quests in most events... so I don’t even try anymore. It’s too bad that the devs decided to do it this way but oh well.

One of my teammates had an issue with their quests not working correctly today but support fixed it right away.

They don’t get to hear it enough so I just want to say thank you to the Beta support team for all that they do. I know they aren’t in control of things that happen with development decisions and bugs but they are always here to help us when we need it, as much as they are allowed to. I bet it’s a tough job for all of them, and a pretty thankless one….so thank you from me and everyone I know who plays the game. We appreciate all you do for us!

Lelanya

Ok here is the skinny
When I went to bed last night, I was stuck on quest:
"45. Produce Any 6 Goods of your choice using the 3 hour option AND
Gain 2 Combine Catalysts or Collect 12 relics - 62".
I had nothing open in tournament and set 2 CCs cooking in my MA, went to bed. When I got up 1 CC was an hour or so still to go, so I timer'd it up, picked up my magic ingredients and carried on.
What I have noticed subsequently, is that quests 49, 50 and 52 were different from @PrimroseSylvia and @iDavis have published on their sites as lists of quests/missions.
For those who are collecting information, feel free to PM me if we are not already talking about this :)

Enevhar Aldarion

This is why I do not use cheat sheets for events in Beta, because things can be, and are, changed. I have made a list of my own as the quests came up in both my Beta cities and neither of the ones they were sitting on when I went to bed changed this morning, 41 and 47. Now currently at the quest lock in my larger city and a few quests away in my smaller city. When it gets to the Live servers, I will just deal with the small changes as I find them.

Lelanya

Yep I have a list too, but everything below 45 is suspect, now. My chapter 3 city is going to be busy.

Enevhar Aldarion

Okay, to add the the changes in quest requirements, has anyone else noticed that the currency awarded for quest completion was reduced as well? Both my Beta cities are at the quest lock, so should have gotten the exact same amount of currency, but they are about 30 apart. Even accounting for maybe picking up a few less in the city with the lower count, plus fewer spawns worth 2 or 3, that is still too much of a difference. As I mentioned in my previous post, the city that just happens to have 30 less currency was also 6 quests behind the other city when I went to bed last night, so if the currency awarded per quest was dropped by 2 or 3 per quest, that would cover the difference.

Lelanya

I wouldn't know even if the cities were close to the same, cause I have been collecting Brunos and Witch Doctors.
I snagged a Headless Horseman culture, those are great!

Thanks again folks I love this event!
Also, big thanks again to the staff, who have been so very helpful over the last few days.

Enevhar Aldarion

I wouldn't know even if the cities were close to the same, cause I have been collecting Brunos and Witch Doctors.
I snagged a Headless Horseman culture, those are great!

I have been buying the big light package and using them up as I go along too and that is how I realized one city was 30 short, as it needs 20 more to buy another big bundle, while the other city is past that bundle and has about 10 leftover currency.

By the way, I have been shuffling a lot as I go and I found, for the first time in years, we get a chance at the Scream of Halloween.

PrimroseSylvia

My list is updated with yesterday changes (I hope that devs didn't "adjust" anything else in the meanwhile); not a massive change, just less of a dozen quests. Thanks a lot @Lelanya for all the help you provided!!

edit: we all know (or at least, should know) that nothing is written in stone here in beta and so is for events/guest races quests, but, as we say in Italy, "something [known] is better than nothing" ;)

ZodiBeta

* Devs: I thank you for allowing any goods to apply towards event quests, that has been a good update.
* However, please note when "Buy # of KP" quests are back-to-back, Task 30 & 31 "Buy 12 KP," it's much less fun to play (insert audible groan each time that appears). The more we buy, the higher the costs with each successive purchase. This is becoming a bigger disincentive for players than you may realize. More so when the event's grand prize isn't that grand. I personally don't need another Mana producing building, the later chapters need a lot more Unurium, Divine Seeds, and Ascended goods. How about options based upon chapter needs?
* I also must mention the dashed expectation of getting some sort of troop healing effect or production (Vitality surge) from the misleading information text for the building. Why are you talking about healing when there's no healing produced?

Mrietha

* Devs: I thank you for allowing any goods to apply towards event quests, that has been a good update.
* However, please note when "Buy # of KP" quests are back-to-back, Task 30 & 31 "Buy 12 KP," it's much less fun to play (insert audible groan each time that appears). The more we buy, the higher the costs with each successive purchase. This is becoming a bigger disincentive for players than you may realize. More so when the event's grand prize isn't that grand. I personally don't need another Mana producing building, the later chapters need a lot more Unurium, Divine Seeds, and Ascended goods. How about options based upon chapter needs?
* I also must mention the dashed expectation of getting some sort of troop healing effect or production (Vitality surge) from the misleading information text for the building. Why are you talking about healing when there's no healing produced?
I agree! Seeing buy 12 knowledge points back to back, not only increases the unrecoverable "expense" of the game, but limits it variety and the resulting interest. Quests where something needs to be achieved or planning is required are much more interesting. Buying kp too much in an event seems like a lazy fallback on a way to come up with another quest item. And it does little to advance the game.

Jackluyt

'Mischievous Therapy' questline event is running in Beta server.
We are recording all the event information here:
https://tinyurl.com/2p8tad68

Note: For some unknown reason many of the quests changed at the end of day one - and people who had left one of these overnight were unable to complete them, without help from support.
I have asked around for help and made changes to our note and I am fairly certain that we have all the new quests now.
Please let me know if we missed any.

308619271_10221519585719649_4244086407931214302_n.jpg

Jammin

In the browser, the tooltip on Lost Outpost does not show how long the building is running.
This leads to confusion, the players could think that they get a permanent gem from this building, spend 1500 diamonds and then be disappointed.

Mrietha

Too repeat ... Oh wait! the quests are repeating.
Quests 30, 31 - buy 12 knowledge points for each quest.
Quest 36 - Buy 8 Knowledge Points!.
My opinion has not changed - repeatition is not fun!

Lushette

I realize that its difficult to come up with new quests in these events. However, with each event its basically the same quests which are really becoming problematic. The constant quests to buy knowledge points is one, then we have the constant asking us to clear provinces, gain relics ( when its not during the tournament this again is creating an issue). We scout provinces then fill 7/8 of each one but eventually we have no more provinces to scout as we reached the chapter limit or no more available because we cant complete the provinces we already have open. I think its time to rethink these quests and their requirements or just have less of these endless events with truly uninspiring prizes.