• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Is Beta dying?

PrimroseSylvia

Direct quote from the announcement post:

"But wait, what about the forums?
Don't worry, the forums will still be available for a while, even if we are gradually shifting our focus to the Discord server. In the long term, we plan to fully transition to Discord, but for at least the upcoming months the forums will remain open and accessible."
Yeah, maybe I've been too optimistic :(
@Lelanya maybe better poke Mikan to copy his guides too?

Dhurrin

After confirming or rejceting my latest Bug Report I will delete my Forum Account.
It is out of any interrest for the future.
Dicord will be ignored as platform
Discord is absolutely not suited as a forum platform, it is a chatserver. Trying to find anything but the last few topics is an absolute horror.
Which is why I only used Discord for a short while and then deleted my account.
ADDDING discord as some kind of fast-track way of communication I could see. I wouldn't sign up for it, but ok.
Trying to just start there is pure stupidity. Not even trying to move all the data makes it even worse.

Which makes me wonder; who came up with this absolute idiotic idea? Leaving all the data behind to move a 'forum' to a chatserver? Really? are people at Inno just smoking and drinking the good stuff, or are they actually sober and just planning on kicking their playerbase in the face just because they can and want to show how little they care for them and make it even clearer to them they are just data being sold, who happen to use their product.

Either way, this is yet another major middlefinger to a lot of players.

Karvest

Well, there is forum type of channels added not long ago. But it's still way less comfortable than this forum... You get less than half of the window dedicated for actual topic content (unless you use menu to open it in full view every time you try to read it). And even then it looks like blog posts with comments, not a normal forum.

CiraKelley

@Deadeye Jerry can we get some clarification as to what will happen to all the threads here and on other forums in the future, once these forums become obsolete? Eight years of gaming information is crucially important, not only for players but for INNO themselves to have on hand.
Also, are we going to be able to link the forum on Discord at some point so the people who join can actually view past gaming discussions/release notes/announcements, etc.?
Thanks!
I would also like to add to this… how do we continue to create bug reports on discord when we are not allowed to upload screen shots over there?
Screen shots are pretty important to have for all sorts of situations that come up when discussing gaming scenarios.

Ursus Major

Well, I will not go on discord too. And really, I don't see which kind of progress it is to propose us such a tool ???
Elevenar spend a prescious time creating a new platform when players don't ask for it. What's the point for the discord ?
I have try to reach the announcement of the new season comming, and.... it's only on discord ???? Are you killing me ?

Neytiri1022

I will also not register on Discord, it is a chat server, not a forum platform.

Unfortunately, the forums are being forced into extinction:
First Facebook ruined everything - my own experience and now Discord.

I think it's a shame that so much information, tips and ideas are destroyed.
Maybe there will be a user among us who is still "young" enough to perhaps set up a forum - international...

wunjo

This is what our Dutch community manager just posted:
Misschien als er een poll onder de forumleden gehouden zou worden dat 90% tegen is. Er is een poll gehouden wereldwijd, en daaruit blijkt dat meer dan 40% van de Elvenar spelers Discord al actief gebruikt voor andere games. Vergelijk dat met de 0,2% van de actieve spelers die op het forum zitten, en dan is de rekensom vrij eenvoudig gemaakt.
Forums werkten in het verleden goed, en werken voor sommige spelers nog steeds goed. Feit is wel dat het bereik van het forum gigantisch laag is (0,2% van de actieve spelers zit op het forum), en we daardoor het doel van het forum niet kunnen bereiken.
Translation:
Perhaps if a poll were held among forum members, 90% would be against it. A poll was conducted worldwide, and it shows that more than 40% of Elvenar players already actively use Discord for other games. Compare that to the 0.2% of active players on the forum, and the math is made quite simple.
Forums have worked well in the past, and still work well for some players. The fact is that the reach of the forum is extremely low (0.2% of the active players are on the forum), and therefore we cannot achieve the goal of the forum.

So we no longer count and matter :(

I will also not register on Discord, it is a chat server, not a forum platform.

Unfortunately, the forums are being forced into extinction:
First Facebook ruined everything - my own experience and now Discord.

I think it's a shame that so much information, tips and ideas are destroyed.
Maybe there will be a user among us who is still "young" enough to perhaps set up a forum - international...
It would be a great idea to set up an international forum with all the important information from the forums for those who are sad because forums are being forced into extinction.

Uffauffa

Perhaps if a poll were held among forum members, 90% would be against it. A poll was conducted worldwide, and it shows that more than 40% of Elvenar players already actively use Discord for other games. Compare that to the 0.2% of active players on the forum, and the math is made quite simple.
Forums have worked well in the past, and still work well for some players. The fact is that the reach of the forum is extremely low (0.2% of the active players are on the forum), and therefore we cannot achieve the goal of the forum.
These figures explain exactly the difference between quality and mess. Mess which discord mostly can be.
In a certain way, this is more or less like to decide to go to work with a bunch of soapbox cars instead of one real car.
And here we go on what @Dhurrin meant with this “absolute idiotic idea”.

Last edited:

Karvest

The main pros of forum over discord is that it can be accessed anonymously without registration and can provide a lot of information about the game which is indexed by google etc. You don't need to be active on forum or even registered on it to find what you are interested in.
Big discord servers with thousands players also have very few actively posting ones, and if you remove hello-spam/offtopic/memes - you'll end up with the same extremely low percentage of those who create actual content. And that content won't be accessible outside of discord.

FaunaWillow

I'll also miss viewing and reading through the other Elvenar non-english speaking forums, where Google would auto-translate those sites. Discord won't do that so we are somewhat cut off from other Elvenar players moving forward (other than seeing comments on FB or other social media...but that's not the same either). :( :( :(

Hazel Caballus

I won‘t join the new discord server either. It is simply a very bad idea to replace a well-structured forum with a dubious chat server… So much knowledge will be lost, and along with that, many of the most dedicated users.
Being on beta without having the chance to report bugs or discuss topics on an official website run by Inno (and no, this is not Discord) - does not make much sense anymore, does it? Just saying. But I guess they don’t care.

As there’s a lack of reactions from Inno officials here, I‘ll share the info we got from the German CM. If you got any more detailed info from your local CMs, it would be great to be able to read it here.

The German CM gave a bit of an explanation for the change:
Link to the post in the German forum
Translation to English:
It is simply necessary for us to integrate new platforms. In this case Discord. We want to use this platform to try to get more in touch with our players. And even if you don't like to hear it, the forums are dead. The German forum was the most active forum and yet it has a very low percentage of active forum users compared to the total number of German players. But we can't keep some forums running and close other forums and only invite them to Discord. There must be the same possibility everywhere (language versions

Reaction to players‘ initial feedback:
Link to the post in the German forum
Translation to English:
We understand that there are players who do not want to and will not switch to Discord. That is your decision. I have already forwarded the feedback and also received an initial response. We will not deviate from the plan to use Discord and in time close the forum. Yes, I know you don't like this answer. But it is just a fact. Yes, we will lose feedback from some players, we know that and we have to live with that. You have no choice but to accept this. What you do with it, that is up to you.

Lovec Krys

If someone thinks that participation in Discord will be higher than on forums, i can only laugh. But maybe it is just an excuse.
But yes, if registration is required to read, then maybe they can claim that more players are participating on Discord.
But from the true participation (writing and discussing) the Discord will be as dead as forums (but you know, reality doesn't matter anymore).

Dhurrin

This is what our Dutch community manager just posted:
Misschien als er een poll onder de forumleden gehouden zou worden dat 90% tegen is. Er is een poll gehouden wereldwijd, en daaruit blijkt dat meer dan 40% van de Elvenar spelers Discord al actief gebruikt voor andere games. Vergelijk dat met de 0,2% van de actieve spelers die op het forum zitten, en dan is de rekensom vrij eenvoudig gemaakt.
Forums werkten in het verleden goed, en werken voor sommige spelers nog steeds goed. Feit is wel dat het bereik van het forum gigantisch laag is (0,2% van de actieve spelers zit op het forum), en we daardoor het doel van het forum niet kunnen bereiken.
Translation:

So we no longer count and matter :(

It would be a great idea to set up an international forum with all the important information from the forums for those who are sad because forums are being forced into extinction.
(happen to be a dutchie, so I can read the post).
This is the kind of moronic reasoning that leads to catastrophe.

Yes, a lot of players use discord FOR OTHER REASONS. That does not mean they will use Discord as a forum.
One of the reasons that only 0.2% of the players is on the forum is because they are there to play the game, and can get their info from other players and in-game announcements.
But thinking that because a lot of people use a chatserver to chat will make them use it for something completely different is -again- moronic. Even more so when the capability of finding anything is way lower.

But thanks for the post @Hazel Caballus ; it shows exactly what I stated before. They almost literally say they don't give a rat's ass about their active players opinions.

manax

Hmmm, who would be able to set up a new forum - preferably bilingual?
It`s only an idea.

to create a new forum that replaces this one is a wonderful idea, but it has problems that are impossible to solve, because we would still need to confront with the company's technicians to report problems and bug, and without an officialdom from them, to build a new forum, would be useless.

Evidently, after deleting their forum, I doubt they would officially recognize a parallel forum as a partner.

Last edited: