• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion InnoGames TV - November Episode

DeletedUser1596

Soooo.. the mobile app devs had to start from a scratch... they made it in better graphics with new effects just for fun... and in their free time they implemented some features we were asking a year ago? Well, hats off, gentlemen. Too bad my Nokia 2600 can barely support picture of our cat, so for me it's like this never happened.

What is sad, that our feedback is heard after a year or so, by another team, implemented on a different platform. Ahh, never mind.

DeletedUser

Marindor say: "a bit of a bigger participation group in that chapter to make sure you'll be able to keep progressing".

@Marindor , what is this a participation group ??? a bigger fellowship or more neighbors ?
i'm french and i don't understand this :) thank's for help me )

Deleted User - 86059

@Biloutte91 it means more players need to reach the end of the tech tree and be able to start the new chapter :)

DeletedUser

What ???? and if on 15000 players we are only 100 ?????

uh, we are two in my brotherhood out of 15 to be at the Halfings ... we're waiting for everyone?

well the new guest race is not ready to arrive then ... Summer 2018 ???

Last edited by a moderator:

Elrondriel

Basically, IMO game designers have "shot themselves in the foot" by choosing a specific new game mechanics for the next 3 guestraces, because this new feature will not work well with the (long ignored and still not solved) problem of inactives and deserted maps. Relying on fellowships would require a sufficient number of participants at high chapter per fellowship, so not the best choice either.
In fact, the next guestrace is ready-to-go and the over-next also finished at about 90%. So, we're actually really "only" waiting for enough players arriving at the end of the tech tree. Enough time for more events, I guess ...

DeletedUser

I would like to know how many players play on beta and how many finished Halflings ... 200, 300 ??
and not even sure.. well, we are bad :(

Deleted User - 60152

I'm curious about how the NH works in the mobile app? Especially since they are saying they want to bring it to the browser as well.

Watching the video it shows clicking on a city and getting a pop-up that shows what's being asked for - presumably in the order it's being asked for. What if we only want a couple of culture items polished and then for neighbors to switch to our main hall instead of polishing other culture items? Is the system that precise or is it based on the general culture - main hall - builder and it only drops the culture if there are no culture items to polish - rather than dropping culture off that list if all of the ones I want polished are polished and thereby I now want visitors to polish my main hall.

Elrondriel

Watching the video it shows clicking on a city and getting a pop-up that shows what's being asked for - presumably in the order it's being asked for.

Unfortunately not :(. The popup will always show main hall, builders hut and a polishable building with max. culture, in the same sequence.
As you will see only the player name and not the the city name, you will have no clue about the preferences of that player.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately not :(. The popup will always show main hall, builders hut and a polishable building with max. culture, in the same sequence.
As you will see only the player name and not the the city name, you will have no clue about the preferences of that player.

Which makes this way of giving Neighbourly Help highly impersonal. When it comes to culture the computer decides what you can give, not you!

It's also not possible to visit the cities of your neighbours, so no longer a way to pop in someone else city and look around. I've always liked it to just take a look, watching someone progress, maybe give some extra help with cross-tier trade because I saw that they were upgrading there factories, or just look at the creative solutions some had, or just enjoy the beauty of the cities.
None of that anymore. It makes me very sad because an important social element of the game is thrown away for impersonal efficiency :(

DeletedUser1627

Yes, but can we do the next guest race chapter ALONE?
Because (i'm sorry but...) I don't want to play with other players anymore.
So what can I do?
This question is REALLY important... I'm not in a fellowship in my live account

DeletedUser

@Marindor How many end-tech players do we need to proceed to the next chapter? And on how many are we still waiting for, assuming that nobody quits?

According to the mod on the Dutch forum, the players data that are analysed for making these decisions is based on raw data (so including all the players that have quit a long time ago, but can never be removed!), is this correct?

DeletedUser1777

It's also not possible to visit the cities of your neighbours
Correct, but you still cam use your computer to do NH ;) No one forces you to stop doing this as you are used to.

Back to topic (but going to be off topic^^):
what happened to Rike?

DeletedUser

Correct, but you still cam use your computer to do NH ;) No one forces you to stop doing this as you are used to.

Not if they implement it the same way as now on mobile. That was my point

Deleted User - 60152

This is not nice at all. Not being able to flag what we want in our city and having to guess what other players want in their city. Once a city hits the max for culture bonus (without added enchantments) - clicks to culture become wasted clicks and don't benefit the city. Now if the system shows the highest available culture item and drops culture off the pop-up when the max bonus is reached - that I would accept as it would allow for productive polishes in the city.

Marindor

@Marindor How many end-tech players do we need to proceed to the next chapter? And on how many are we still waiting for, assuming that nobody quits?

I don't know the exact numbers for that, I just know there should be a bit more, especially on our smaller servers. We're also not talking about ages, probably just a few weeks more but once we can share more specific information on that, we will :)

According to the mod on the Dutch forum, the players data that are analysed for making these decisions is based on raw data (so including all the players that have quit a long time ago, but can never be removed!), is this correct?

I don't like contradicting supporters from other servers (or my own for that matter :p) Let's just say that we have all data available (including the non-removed inactives etc) and all these factors are being taken into account :)

DeletedUser

@Marindor Thank you so very much for your answer, you've made my day :)
A few weeks, that is something I can cope with, even though it will be a few weeks + 2 weeks before it come Live ;)
So hopefully in December I will be a happy Elvenarian again :D

Deleted User - 60152

I downloaded the mobile app this morning - for the sole purpose of world visits. I have 437 completed provinces on the world map - so a large number of cities to visit. Took less than 15 minutes to visit everyone. So when I have a wi-fi connection I will be doing world visits on a regular basis. (limited data - not going to open the app when I don't have wi-fi I can connect to).

Only thing I dislike - can't see what the person wants polished. INNO really needs to set up a way for players to prioritize what the want and turn off buildings they don't want polished - especially if they are going to be moving this system to the browser version as well.