• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion InnoGames TV - November Episode

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see our latest InnoGames TV episode here and let us know what you think about it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

DeletedUser118

Jonas o/

Still curious how long it may take until the way of giving neighborly help will be implemented here too.

DeletedUser1397

Really disappointing. This is the longest we've had to wait for a guest race since Fairies. Why did you rush out Wood Elves, Sorcs/Dragons and Halflings giving people barely any time to complete the previous guest race? And now, we have to wait for MONTHS without any progress? Spread the releases out so people don't get rushed half the time and bored the other half!

Deleted User - 86059

As Marindor has said the next race is not ready yet and as soon as we have more information we will of course pass it on to you :)

DeletedUser

Well, my nasty suspicions have been conformed. Listen closely to what they are saying about the difference between the mobile version and the browser version [5:57 – 6:50]. There already improvements on the mobile version, that are not available on the browser. Priority seems to be given to the mobile version now to make it complete. The browser version seems to have become an unwanted older sibling.

I’m very, very disappointed and feel truly screwed over. I’ve played the browser version for 2 ½ years now, and invested a lot of time and yes money in it. I’m most certainly not going to switch over to the mobile version. I never asked for the mobile version and I don’t want the mobile version.

Looks like the Devs just want me to quit playing (instead of that irritating “keep on playing”). On live, I’ve been twiddling my thumbs for 2 ½ months now. Still no news about a new chapter, and I'm getting the feeling that I have to wait for that, until the mobile version is ready for it. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Do you really think that I’m going to wait any longer?

Marindor

@Ritsel: I think you misunderstand what's being said :) Because the mobile code was created from scratch, we could already implement improvements there that we wanted to have on browser anyway. In some aspects these improvements are on mobile already, while on browser they're still being worked on (like the NH system). It's not about having to switch to mobile or something like that :)

DeletedUser118

Elvenar is a browser game with a mobile app and not the other way around.

DeletedUser

@Marindor I know that switching to mobile isn't mandatory to continue to play the game. But, the development of the browser version seems to be in a total standstill.

There is nothing to do for me anymore on Live, and it has been this way for over 2 months now. I'm totally fed up with events and I truly detest the tournaments by now. I was hoping that the new episode from InnoGames TV would throw me a lifeline. But not even the slightest hint about a new chapter. Mobile is the new favorite now, so what am I suppose to do now?

Marindor

No, the browser development is not in a standstill, on the contrary. We're working very hard at the moment to get the feature optimizations to the browser version as well. They're not in the browser game yet, but that doesn't mean we're not working on it :)

Also, this has nothing to do with the next Guest Race taking a bit longer. I can't reveal too much yet but once it's there, you will totally understand why it's needed now to postpone it a bit. It will bring some changes and new features that not only influence your strategic choices in play style, but will also require a bit of a bigger participation group in that chapter to make sure you'll be able to keep progressing. That's all I can say for now, but at least know that we wouldn't let you wait if it wasn't for a good reason and that our mobile development team is a different team than browser or game design so these things are not connected. Browser code is very different from mobile code so it's not the same developers who are just being shifted around all the time. :D It's a different group of people and we're working on both versions at the same time :)

DeletedUser

No, the Devs are are letting me wait without solving the biggest problem I will encounter in the next chapter (whenever it will come)

but will also require a bit of a bigger participation group in that chapter to make sure you'll be able to keep progressing.

That means that I need neighbours to progess. On live, I've been stuck in the Desert of the Dead for over a year now. I've scouted 457 provinces: Lots of neighbours who have quit the game ages ago, or newbies that will stay for only 5 min. So I won't have a "bigger participation group". I've said this from the beginning of the socalled "Solution: Players Movement". Nothing has been done about it. Except that I'm considered to be a pest on the Dutch forum because I kept going on about it.

PS: Despite the app being so "great" for giving Neighbourly help, I haven't received any more NH on since it was launched in the Netherlands. Not 1 extra neighbour willing, able or present. I think that says enough

Deleted User - 60107

Even if it will be a while it would be nice to get at least some info about the next guest race. So far all we know (thanks to something that appeared briefly on Beta) is that here will be Sapient Goods and we will be able to trade only Sapient Goods with some players - most likely players that are in the new chapter, meaning that players in the next chapter will need to trade only with other players in the same chapter.

A proper explanation for the delay would be really nice. And no, "I can't reveal too much yet but once it's there, you will totally understand why it's needed now to postpone it a bit." is not a proper explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
That means that I need neighbours to progess.
why you need neighbours to progress?
PS: Despite the app being so "great" for giving Neighbourly help, I haven't received any more NH on since it was launched in the Netherlands. Not 1 extra neighbour willing, able or present. I think that says enough
sorry but it says nothing in your case since you are in the Desert of the dead zone

DeletedUser

@Dony read Marindor's post

the next Guest Race .... will also require a bit of a bigger participation group in that chapter to make sure you'll be able to keep progressing.

A bigger participation group means more trading partners that your fellowship. That means neighbours.

DeletedUser

sorry but it says nothing in your case since you are in the Desert of the dead zone

Yes, it says that I have no benefit at all from the app, because it won't give me more active neighbours.
Because of the rebalancing of the lighthouse/belltower I lost a lot of goods, and got nothing in return to compensate for that

Dony

King of Bugs
@Dony read Marindor's post

A bigger participation group means more trading partners that your fellowship. That means neighbours.
maybe you missed 1 bug report about it, you wont be limited to your neighbours, and thats improvement which need to be implemented

Deleted User - 60107

This is the point where it's time for me to shut up about it ;)
No, this is the time when you (try to) explain to players at the end of Halflings why they should keep waiting instead of just leaving and looking for another game.

Because the longer the next chapter takes the higher the number of end-of-tech-tree players that will just get bored and leave, thus reducing the number of players that will actually start the next chapter. And you made it clear that the higher the number of active players ready to start the next chapter when it arrives - the better.

Marindor

No, this is the time when you (try to) explain to players at the end of Halflings why they should keep waiting instead of just leaving and looking for another game.

Because the longer the next chapter takes the higher the number of end-of-tech-tree players that will just get bored and leave, thus reducing the number of players that will actually start the next chapter. And you made it clear that the higher the number of active players ready to start the next chapter when it arrives - the better.

Well, then let's hope they don't all leave so we don't have to wait even longer ;):D