• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Halloween Questline Event 2017

canelle51

Je suis coincé dans les 26es quêtes parce que mes expéditions durent plus de 30 heures. J'ai encore un combat à faire. Je pense que je ne serai pas capable de finir l'événement.

Deleted User - 86059

Je suis coincé dans les 26es quêtes parce que mes expéditions durent plus de 30 heures. J'ai encore un combat à faire. Je pense que je ne serai pas capable de finir l'événement.

Translation to English is:

I am stuck in the 26th quests because my expeditions last more than 30 hours. I still have a fight to do. I think I will not be able to finish the event.

Please remember English only in the forum thanks ;)

DeletedUser2205

Hello,

Couldn't you let us get a reward building at the middle of the event?
I cannot end all the quests and reading all writers, I am sure I won't be the only one

Jackluyt

I just wrote my final comments on this Event for the EPL guide.
Does anyone have anything to add?

Comments - in conclusion

There is very little to say about this Event!
  • A lot of the silly quests that have spoiled previous Events have been removed - and that makes it a lot better!
    Changing 'Power of Provision' to 'Any Enchantment Of Your Choice' is an example.

• Over all - it is a workmanlike Event that is fair to most players.
    The rewards are good without being particularly exciting.
    The Instants rewards are useful.

It is also crushingly boring...

• One of the things that would make an Event attractive would be if it were Fun! This one is about as much Fun as watching a tortoise race.
    Why not add a mystery prize box or a daily spin with random prizes and the possibility of winning a grand Jackpot? THAT would get the players excited!
    If there were a tiny chance of winning a thousand KP or an extra Scout for example - that would get everyone excited and involved...

• I believe that all quests should be CONSTRUCTIVE! They should either teach us new skills for beginners (like move a building; place a trade, accept a trade, gain 10 population, upgrade a street, etc etc) - or they should help us to improve our city.

Recent Events have started to move this way, and most of the silly, wasteful quests that annoyed the players are no longer there. But the designers are still sticking with the silliness of forcing us to build Tier One non-boosted manufactories that no normal player would want or need.

More constructive quests in future, please, Timon?
    Fewer rubbishy ones?

Keep up the good work you have done so far!!
    :)
Our full guide is here:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/elve...-27-october-till-9-november/1937214279867284/

22815400_10210347646268145_2233649414554683134_n.jpg

DeletedUser118

• More constructive quests in future, please, Timon?
    Fewer rubbishy ones?

And its constructive Timon, not construction he's talking about...!!!

Also please change the order of the quests. A quest which asks for KPs, right after one that asks for Relics or the other way around is just a no go!

If there is no tournament and you only have a short range of time, its pretty tough to get both done several times during an event for somebody at a higher level.

Brummbaer

From my point of view.

A smaller prize in the middle of the event would be fine. A hear from other players that they can't finished the event because of: time shortage, unability to solve quests (e.g. gain 300 troops is for a biginner impossible) or something else. These players would also berewarded for taken part of this event and have fun and enjoy. Make things better for all.
(The Event buildings look great . nice job)

Thanks INNO

DeletedUser2003

...And isn't there a rumor somewhere about not over-scouting and conquering the word-map or we will suffer the consequences of our foolish behavior? Why then does it seem every event encourages us to do exactly that? The "gain XXX relics" quests I am actually ok with, even though I know many others are not, but I play hard in the tourneys and get all I need there. But the "solve XXX encounter quests"? I believe it was 40 for this little event? Really? That just goes against so much of what we have been "told" recently is good Elvenar play technique. Sigh. I'm so confused... :oops::eek::confused::oops:

Deleted User - 60107

I managed to complete the event on Beta and get the rewards... with Orc stats, as I still need a few more provinces to open the Wood Elves chest, and then I need to research Advanced Scouts, so there was no way to move to the next chapter before the event ends. This, of course, makes the main prizes useless for me.

DeletedUser1909

I am so far over scouted on live that I have 410 provinces, here I am doing ring 10 in Fairies due to events.

DeletedUser2174

I joined Beta 9 weeks ago for the fellowship adventure that was starting. Found a fellowship of players new to beta. with 50K ranking points between 25 of us we got to the top of the hill in FA 2 times. How much is a level 1 orc nest worth?

I finished nut event (at one point I had more Hazeltowns than i needed for total population in early chapter 3).

I finished the Halloween and chapter 3 today.

I need to scout but waited till end of chapter so they will be cheaper. I have finished 1 more province than advance scouts required. I have 7 provinces that are still orange.

The only reason my game finished the events is the fact that fellowships have tournaments. I needed the relics and rewards from every tournament province I could do 5 of the 9 weeks I have been in beta.

Every time I thought of something long term like a residence upgrade (yes I was choosing to hold off upgrades based on what goods I needed right then) or an AW that i would like to place, every single bit of my resources was stretched to the max. It took me a day of not doing an event to get the Tome of secrets in my city today (all of my goods production for the day). (I had the runes 3 weeks ago.). OMG I had enough troops for all my provinces all 6 of them. my second marble tourney.

I have 50% more fully upgraded tier ones than any of my live games ever had, and less than a 3 hour run of tier one boosted (marble) in inventory with as many relics as i could grab to increase boost in time allotted.

Do able? yes. How many people have OCD, Spoilers, over a year Playing the game and many elders to ask questions of? And unlimited time to 'play'.

DeletedUser1075

Of course we are here and all feedback has been forwarded as well, like always :) This doesn't automatically that things that are brought up will change in the Live version, but at least they are being considered. About the quest to research a tech or upgrade to level 20+ : The reason for level 20+ as that until Fairies, players should be able to unlock technologies relatively quickly. From Orcs & Goblins on, they can take considerably more time. We have forwarded the feedback on this quest in particular as well and as said: It's being re-evaluated but that doesn't automatically mean that from a game design point of view, we would want to change this quest. At this moment we have no information on that yet.

Marindor, thanks as always for a balanced and informative response. I always appreciate your comments as they always hit the right tone even if the content isn't necessarily what anyone wants to hear. :) Regarding this specific issue, I hope you have enough info on tech-lock issues in Dwarves and Fairies to see that this quest was not fair to smaller players. Hopefully the devs will see that and reconsider a lvl 20 across-the-board quest.

you should get used to destroy buildings by now tho, you already destroyed 100+ buildings from guest races without problem
and building and destroying is a part of any building strategy game
even tho i dont like that quest its as easy as any other previous event for me, which will last 2-3 days max

Yes Dony, the quests are relatively easy even if some take longer than others. The point that seems lost though is that the quests do not support game play. They seem to interrupt it more often than they augment it. You can argue all you want about how we should be strategically prepping for each event in advance of it even being announced, but as someone who does that I can say that it's kinda stupid that I have to not play the game in order to play the events.

Jackluyt, your synopsis seemed to ignore this point as well: the quests and the events as a whole have stopped augmenting game play and have turned into "work" that is boring and takes away from forward progression in the game for players who are not already nearing the end of the current research tree. Part of this is the ordering of quests which don't make a lot of sense. It would be far more helpful to all if the quests could focus a storyline on an aspect of game play and then push players to walk through all the different permutations of that. Also, I don't know how many others find this true, but every time the storyline pops up, it is unexpected and at a point where I am clicking for the next quest - so I generally lose it on the first server and have to force myself to pay attention on the second server. There needs to be a better way to see these. (Assuming they don't repeat and actually tell a story).

Dony

King of Bugs
Also, I don't know how many others find this true, but every time the storyline pops up, it is unexpected and at a point where I am clicking for the next quest - so I generally lose it on the first server and have to force myself to pay attention on the second server. There needs to be a better way to see these. (Assuming they don't repeat and actually tell a story).
I have already mentioned this few times and i usually miss storyline on every server not only on beta, even if its main questline storyline, i just dont expect that something will pop up second or 2 after i am done with that quest and i am already clicking on something else. There could be new button called "Show avatar" in currecnt quest (quests which have that extra stories) which could show that avatar with story while you click on it once again.