• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Games

Lelanya

Game files say medals :)
  1. 0: {__class__: "EventCurrencyVO", id: "event_currency_1", name: "Seahorse Food"}
  2. 1: {__class__: "EventCurrencyVO", id: "event_payback", name: "Medals"}
Thank you!! How kind and helpful, I was fairly certain they had to have their own name. It's been a long tiring 2 to 3 weeks for me, not getting any lighter with a new event to build on Discord, so I have not been overly expressive.

Of course they are points in the functional sense of the Leagues System. But Elvenar's Development Team doesn't spend the Artists' time to create a unique item and then not name it!

CrazyWizard

I predict a lot less money will get spent on this event and in subsequent predictably similar ones. There was a degree of excitement about people getting extra pieces of a set, but now we're back to the evolving buildings and artefacts, will people really be going all out to try to get 2 extra artefacts instead of 1, or 1 extra artefact instead of none? For me, I can't think of a single occasion where I've needed either of the extra FA artefacts, aside from when there was a Phoenix event and I've been keen to convert those two extra to a single 2019 phoenix artefact.

Why it all depends how good or bad the prize is, if it's good it's good and more people will spend money on it.
As @Karvest said it's designed to get more $$$ out of the pockets of paying players.

it's all about tempting players who are close but not close enough for the next rank to spend $5-20 on it to make the next rank.
I predict that this "feature" will be a great financial succes unlike some other features we have seen in the past. this looks like a real money maker.

as mainly a f2p player, I was at least tempted by this feature in the past (current live) event, not because I wanted the set, I don't care about the set and it's prizes at all, but by the portrait which seems / feels to be made especially for me.

I already started calculating, where does it end, do I buy the outpost? how many diamonds are I am willing to spend and/or how much cash am I willing to spend for it?

In the end I did not buy the outpost, instead I reserved more of my stack of diamonds, and decided to see where I end on the stack, then decide if it was worth it to pay for. (not willing to sink in $60 for a portrait, I am not that desperate).
Looks like I am getting it for free now as I was pretty lucky with returns and my server is not the highest money spending server out there so I do not need absolute crazy scores

But when you see live servers with already 350-360 staffs needed for gold and several days left to go, you know they have got a money making winner on there hands.

Pauly7

Why it all depends how good or bad the prize is, if it's good it's good and more people will spend money on it.
Yeah I agree. It's about the prizes. The Pilgrim's Manor set is pretty good if you want the T1. Even if you don't, an extra CC and decent other stats make it an attractive proposition for most people.

However, it's not just about the quality of the prize, per se, it's about the quality of what getting an extra level in the league brings. In the Sorcerer's event the reward for finding your way into gold was a second Pilgrim's Manor. For those chasing that extra CC or the double set, that's priceless and it was the only practical way to get it. However, two more artefacts? (actually one more per league level) - I don't think that will seem nearly so valuable to people, even if they are keen on the evolving building. I certainly wouldn't be dropping any diamonds to get one more artefact, even if I were two points behind gold in the final hour.

If someone loves the portrait enough to blow a lot of diamonds on it then that's a different matter. I suspect that won't apply to many people though.

This evolving building is better than most of the more recent ones, especially as the production switching is good, but it won't blow anyone away. None of the outputs are great (someone told me the seeds production is pretty good, but I mostly ignore seeds.) I don't think evolving buildings are going to get better than this one as a rule. In all likelihood they will get worse.

All in all, I don't think there will be nearly the same money spent on this event and I would hazard a guess that future events will be similar.

Enevhar Aldarion

@Marindor I officially think the evolving building with this event, and the choose-your-production system, are very poor and need to be adjusted. I just put the building out in chapter 13, and with 6 artifacts, making it level 7. It can produce supplies or vallorians or tier 2 boosted sentient or divine seeds. Only getting one of four, rather than two or three of four, is very poorly designed. When I first looked at the info for it, I thought it would always produce the supplies and then the second production was a choice between the other three. But only one production? No. This is now the worst evolving building ever given to us.

SoggyShorts

This is now the worst evolving building ever given to us.
The new building if fully evolved gives me
4,475 pop which is equivalent to more than 6 squares of magic residence/goblin gift pop.
+
2,500 VGs which is the equivalent of more than 6 buildings, a value of ~64 squares.
or
13,000 T5 which is worth more than 1/2 of a factory which requires about 50 squares including all support buildings
or
8,200 seeds which more than replaces 5 Festival merchants, a value of 70 squares

So, the building has an Efficiency Rating of somewhere around 300-420% depending on which production you choose.
-------------------
Winter owl was worse iirc
Ashen too, arguably.

Last edited:

maxiqbert

4,475 pop which is equivalent to more than 6 squares of magic residence/goblin gift pop.
+
2,500 VGs which is the equivalent of more than 6 buildings, a value of ~64 squares.
or
13,000 T5 which is worth more than 1/2 of a factory which requires about 50 squares including all support buildings
or
8,200 seeds which more than replaces 5 Festival merchants, a value of 70 squares

So, the building has an Efficiency Rating of somewhere around 300-420% depending on which production you choose.
-------------------
Ashen too, arguably.
you got that totally wrong
festival merchant gives 3320 seeds/day, so the building is worth between 2 and 3 of those. Still very good, but not 5.

Jaxom

The people who define these event tasks/quests must really hate the late chapter players.
Why are you doing tasks to produce Basic Standard goods (task 33)? It was bad enough that late players must keep factories for T1-3 to do events, now you restrict the production to just T1.
I really hate this and the fact that I need to keep large T1 factories for FAs if I am going to make bracelets.
Late chapter players should not be forced to use up significant space on these factories that are almost worthless for the chapters.

The game code knows what chapter we are in so why not let us produce useful goods for event tasks, not old T1.

Enevhar Aldarion

Why are you doing tasks to produce Basic Standard goods (task 33)? It was bad enough that late players must keep factories for T1-3 to do events, now you restrict the production to just T1.

Maybe you just did not notice it before, but we have had the Basic goods task for several events in a row. This is not the first time. We also used to have tasks that only tier 1 and tier 2 goods would complete. I am surprised they removed that one.

Jaxom

Maybe you just did not notice it before, but we have had the Basic goods task for several events in a row. This is not the first time. We also used to have tasks that only tier 1 and tier 2 goods would complete. I am surprised they removed that one.
Basic Goods yes, but this quest restricts it to Basic Standard which is T1 only. I can't use T2 or T3 for it. That is what I really object to.
I can understand keeping 1 factory each for T1, T2 and T3 but needing multiple ones for T1 is stupid.
If this is the only quest that requires just T1 then I am OK but if I see more of these it becomes really annoying.

Enevhar Aldarion

Basic Goods yes, but this quest restricts it to Basic Standard which is T1 only. I can't use T2 or T3 for it. That is what I really object to.
I can understand keeping 1 factory each for T1, T2 and T3 but needing multiple ones for T1 is stupid.
If this is the only quest that requires just T1 then I am OK but if I see more of these it becomes really annoying.

Basic always means just tier 1. Standard always means all three tiers of normal goods. You are getting your definitions mixed up.

Jaxom

OK, I did swap the terms but task 33 is still asking for just T1.
They had changed to asking for any Standard good - that wasn't so bad, but still stupid for late chapter players.
This event has reverted to asking for just Basic - that is even worse.

Late chapter players are focused on mana, seeds, sentient goods and now ascended goods. But events never give them any credit for these productions. They expect me to be able to produce large amounts of T1-3 for events.

Don't tell me to use teleports to move things back and forth. If you expect me to do that then give me more ways to gain teleports. Maybe use Bear or Mermaid artifacts to craft them. Or 20K spell fragments to craft one.

I am just asking that events not discriminate against late chapter players. Permit us to develop our cities and not dedicate space just for events.

Enevhar Aldarion

My Live US city is in chapter 18. I have a maxed Aureate Phoenix there. Every 48 hours I collect about 79k tier 1 goods from it. Plus other event buildings that give tier 1 goods. I can just save these for the quests that only want tier 1 goods. They are also good for a few bracelets in the FAs.

SoggyShorts

you got that totally wrong
festival merchant gives 3320 seeds/day, so the building is worth between 2 and 3 of those. Still very good, but not 5.
You got that totally wrong too. I'm not in chapter 18. ;)
Still 3,072 seeds vs 8,200. For w/e reason, I thought festivals were 24h.

maxiqbert

You got that totally wrong too. I'm not in chapter 18. ;)
Still 3,072 seeds vs 8,200. For w/e reason, I thought festivals were 24h.
sensitive, aren't we?
for what it's worth, I guessed you weren't in chapter 18, but didn't care to check what level the values you gave could have been.

Enevhar Aldarion

+
or
or

-------------------
Ashen too, arguably.

With just pop and culture and one produced resource, this building is no better than a glorified daily prize. A grand prize building should give more.

SoggyShorts

With just pop and culture and one produced resource, this building is no better than a glorified daily prize. A grand prize building should give more.
I dunno... I feel that anything which gives me ~2-3 more expansions of worth of production/pop is pretty good.
I mean I can't name a daily prize that saves you even a single expansion worth of space, can you?
The best daily prizes I can think of are the pop culture hybrids in winter events that each save maybe 3 squares? certainly not 25-75

Last edited: