• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Games

palmira

I strictly followed “Soggy’s picks” and I’m 13 steps away from getting the last artifact to fully evolve the building.

As usual, I did the opposite, went for the chests I wanted for some reason, didn't buy any currency but got a lot from chests, and I am currently in gold, probably will end up in silver but that's more then OK :)

Attachments

• Screenshot at Jul 15 15-35-33.png
    Screenshot at Jul 15 15-35-33.png
    335.5 KB · Views: 160

ZodiBeta

Again, I'm not happy about the league system... those who aren't lucky to win a lot of extra event currency or pay real $ just won't get very far. It's a disincentive for me. Was Sliver the first league event (having won a lot of event currency), Bronze this time. Still no Unurium for the last chapters?

Enevhar Aldarion

Still no Unurium for the last chapters?

There are two culture buildings you can research and build in chapter 18. One costs normal stuff to build and one costs diamonds. One of the two AWs you research in chapter 18 also produces Unurium. But no, nothing but the Trader so far, if you are only in chapter 17.

Enevhar Aldarion

There are now 11 hours to go in the event and the League numbers have been slowly climbing, though since this is an evolving building, and not a set, Silver, at 269, and Gold, at 289, mean a lot less. Bronze at 243 and Iron at 144 are more important, if we expect a Fellowship Adventure to follow, which would have two more artifacts available to win. Anyone getting 180 or higher will have a level 8 building and can max it with the FA. It would be nice to know the actual percent of players that make it to 180, but the closer Iron gets to that, the closer to 50% of players got that far.

SoggyShorts

if we expect a Fellowship Adventure to follow
I'm actually thinking that there will not be any Artifacts in the following FA.
Inno seems to have decided that having many (most?) players fall short of a fully evolved/complete set is desirable.
If there are, then we are back at virtually 100% chance for full evos, and if that was acceptable then why the change? And the leagues have even less purpose.

Enevhar Aldarion

I'm actually thinking that there will not be any Artifacts in the following FA.
Inno seems to have decided that having many (most?) players fall short of a fully evolved/complete set is desirable.
If there are, then we are back at virtually 100% chance for full evos, and if that was acceptable then why the change? And the leagues have even less purpose.

I thought about that, but I wonder if their thinking is that since the building only gives one good, but gives a ton of it, that maybe people on Live will be willing to dump in money to get two copies fully leveled. So if you finish in Gold and get the two extra artifacts and get two from the FA, spenders could be willing to go for those five extra artifacts, for 18 total and two buildings.

palmira

Well, if things don't change in the last hour, this is the final chart and I managed to end up in gold but it was a close call :)

Screenshot at Jul 16 09-07-12.png

edeba

Here's the thing; I don't begrudge Inno their money making venture but I do think they need to be less obvious. Getting money out of customers should be like going on a date. We know you want a little something something and that's cool, we're down with that but you need to woo us a little first. A glass of wine, something to eat before moving in for the badda bing - but not Inno, ohh no! Inno just struts in and says 'get nekkid'.

I don't begrudge them making money either, but I do begrudge the confiscation of any value or merit to a game purchase by changing the code. For example, premium expansions are massively expensive and they massively destroy your game strength, and they didn't do that certainly when I bought mine. Seriously, this is mob ethics.

And then how brilliant was removing the time instants from the events? Like I said earlier, the game surveys are poorly designed. If every asked, "why do make event purchases" the number one answer would have been the time instants and for me there's been little motivation since they were removed, although, the new tournament has truly destroyed their value as well.

DeletedUser3726

I don't begrudge them making money either, but I do begrudge the confiscation of any value or merit to a game purchase by changing the code. For example, premium expansions are massively expensive and they massively destroy your game strength, and they didn't do that certainly when I bought mine. Seriously, this is mob ethics.

And then how brilliant was removing the time instants from the events? Like I said earlier, the game surveys are poorly designed. If every asked, "why do make event purchases" the number one answer would have been the time instants and for me there's been little motivation since they were removed, although, the new tournament has truly destroyed their value as well.
I totally agree with you as would anyone who purchased the manta ray or mermaids building only to have it made available for free a few months later.

Lelanya

Hi @Lelanya :)
These are indeed called points currently, for the the Elvarian Games.
Players can use their Seahorse Food to swim through each Hoop, which will then give points towards the track to finish the race, to unlock the grand prizes. :culture:
Hope this helped!
Look at the message we got on Live realms today:
Screenshot (1587).png

Enevhar Aldarion

I was not sure if there was somewhere better to post this or not, but anyway, I solved one question, sort of, that we had about the new league system and how Inno determines who is active and counts for the leagues.

I have two cities on the US servers, one I play regularly and one I retired years ago and now only use to test things. In the test city, I logged in several times during the Sorcerer's event to check on the league scores, and while in there, I collected a couple of the free daily prizes, though I did not open any chests and did not earn any points. During the last event, I did not do that and had not logged into it at all since the final day of the Sorcerer's event, so I just logged in tonight to see if I had one or two Hobby league rewards waiting for me. I only received the one from the Sorcerer's event, and not one from the last event, so that shows Inno only uses the number of players who log in during the event to calculate the numbers the leagues. But since I did collect those dailies, I cannot show if all it takes is logging in or if you have to collect at least one daily or complete a quest, or even just collect some spawns. What it does prove is that earning at least one point in the event is not required to be included in the calculations.

maxiqbert

I was not sure if there was somewhere better to post this or not, but anyway, I solved one question, sort of, that we had about the new league system and how Inno determines who is active and counts for the leagues.

I have two cities on the US servers, one I play regularly and one I retired years ago and now only use to test things. In the test city, I logged in several times during the Sorcerer's event to check on the league scores, and while in there, I collected a couple of the free daily prizes, though I did not open any chests and did not earn any points. During the last event, I did not do that and had not logged into it at all since the final day of the Sorcerer's event, so I just logged in tonight to see if I had one or two Hobby league rewards waiting for me. I only received the one from the Sorcerer's event, and not one from the last event, so that shows Inno only uses the number of players who log in during the event to calculate the numbers the leagues. But since I did collect those dailies, I cannot show if all it takes is logging in or if you have to collect at least one daily or complete a quest, or even just collect some spawns. What it does prove is that earning at least one point in the event is not required to be included in the calculations.
not really
it only proves you get a reward with 0 steps
it doesn't really say anything about the upper leagues

Lovec Krys

@Enevhar Aldarion As far as i know, you need to spend an event currency to count into the leagues - so you need to log at least once and spend an event currency once by clicking on any chest.
If you don't log, you cannot click on a chest.

Enevhar Aldarion

@Enevhar Aldarion As far as i know, you need to spend an event currency to count into the leagues - so you need to log at least once and spend an event currency once by clicking on any chest.
If you don't log, you cannot click on a chest.

I just verified in my US city that I only use for testing that just logging in during the event is enough to be counted as active and earn the Hobby reward. I was also given the Red Panda base in a prize popup when I logged in, even though I did not touch any of the event stuff the one time I logged in during the event. So that means the percents for the higher leagues do hold a few more players than we were thinking before.