• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.7

DeletedUser629

Here I go being negative again...sigh.

On the one hand, it's good to hear that the Supply shortage is being addressed. Also the problem with missing cities on the world map:

• The Tome of Secrets will produce Knowledge Points every 24 hours, as well as give you Supplies when you start scouting on the World Map - the amounts are of course dependent on the level of the Ancient Wonder in your city
  • The Golden Abyss will produce Coins every 3 hours (without 'early collect'), and also gives you more available population in your city - the amounts depend on the Ancient Wonder level

On the other hand, this I wonder if this is quite sensible nor equitable.

Is it equitable when players have to "pay" to start correcting a problem stemming from developer miscalculation. The blatant, obvious kind.

Is it sensible when players may have to reduce their need for supplies in order to gain more supplies. How many supplies will be produced via the Tome of Secrets? Enough to allow us to fully eliminate a Workshop or two in order to gain the necessary space? or will we have to eliminate a manufactory?

Back to the equitable thought - this is now the 2nd Wonder we have to build in order to supplement Supplies in our cities - the supplies we don't get via NH due to the empty neighborhoods.

Of course, if they'd roll out the Wonder scoring - or even just the intended formula! - it would go a long way in the good will department (well, providing the scoring is equitable itself). As of now, we're making major decisions without enough information. Delaying the announcement of the formula is a recipe for ill will:

Once the scoring implementation is made, players will find their scores / ranks adjusting radically. Players who have made room for multiple, low level Wonders will diminish in rank, and feel penalized. In fact, I'd guess that many players - non-Forum mostly - will be unhappy about their decisions re Wonders.
So, pretty please as we say in the Southern US, tell us how the Wonders are going to score!! I'm at the end of Fairy - having utilized every grid space - and need more information to know what / whether to delete to build a new Wonder(s).

regarding the wonders, the wiki page will be updated soon. Players will have to use tier 1 relics to upgrade them. At max level, the tome produces 12.800 supplies and 3 kp a day.

Players will have to decide which wonders benefit them the most.

The game will see more changes in the future, and some of the players may not be happy about it, but they will have to adapt to the new situation.

It is unknown at this time when the AW scores will be added.

DeletedUser

wow, is it just me being totally underwhelmed by the tome? I mean, 3 kps a day at max level seems way too little, considering how many kps you will need to get it to level 10 in the first place. and considering most of us can only scout every 3 days, its not like the supplies will help much.

Edit: I am hoping the current kp situation is a bug, and I have reported it as such, but after many hours it hasn't even been acknowledge as such... are we going to have to play without half of our kps for a week?

DeletedUser651

Loving the new gold mines. I'm not sure why they don't give you the max coins though. Just because it isn't a nightmare to get the coins doesn't mean it doesn't still cost the same to scout empty provinces. It still costs just as much for everything else. Please change the coins to be equal to what you would get any way. That is only fair.

Plus....we really need to do something to make up for the lack of supplies. The game was designed to get supplies from your neighbors every day and that rarely happens for anyone. But this is for sure a step in the right direction.

Wouldn't it be amazing if NH was this easy for all help? Think how great that would be for the game. You just glide over, click and the person receiving the help gets whatever help they wanted in whatever order they want it. No more complaints that someone didn't pay attention and give the right help.

I just thought of something...more ancient wonders? I can't get the runes I need now for the one ancient wonder I want because I have to split my chances into 1/6 to get one. Now it drops to 1/8? We need to do something about it. If it takes roughly 30 or so runes (with all the breakage) to open a wonder, and right now it takes you scouting 180 provinces to get the one you want, you are now going to 240 provinces?

That means that ancient wonders cannot be built unless purchased.

Or sniping will become the modus operandi only leading to even more ill feelings. What a shame. The game was so lovely and cooperative before.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

wow, is it just me being totally underwhelmed by the tome?

Laughing aloud! Probably, it's me just being totally underwhelmed by the tone! Goryn "..changes in the future...some will not be happy...they will have to adapt..." I'm thinking Schwarzenegger tones? Borg tones? I'm won't reference any historical political tones - ahem! I've had posts removed for that. Anyone have other tones to suggest?

Oh! If you're familiar with Job from Banshee, you can imagine his tone.

Edit by Goryn. Please read forum rule number 8, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser629

Edit: I am hoping the current kp situation is a bug, and I have reported it as such, but after many hours it hasn't even been acknowledge as such... are we going to have to play without half of our kps for a week?

We will investigate this issue. I can confirm this bug as well.

DeletedUser

Loving the new gold mines....Wouldn't it be amazing if NH was this easy for all help? Think how great that would be for the game. You just glide over, click and the person receiving the help gets whatever help they wanted in whatever order they want it. No more complaints that someone didn't pay attention and give the right help....

Wouldn't that have been amazing!!Every time someone gives me NH, it just goes into a counter - simple as a counter for the builder bonus. Then we could apply the NH bonuses where and when we need them.

Given that NH is becoming more complicated (with all the spelled buildings and such ) we should put together a lobbying group and seriously put this request on the forefront.

DeletedUser

regarding the wonders, the wiki page will be updated soon. Players will have to use tier 1 relics to upgrade them. At max level, the tome produces 12.800 supplies and 3 kp a day.

Is this max level 10 or 15?

DeletedUser1075

Any info on the other new wonder? The Abyss or something like that?

DeletedUser213

Has anyone had the Disappearing Avatars yet? This morning the game proudly offered me two new Avatars for researching Ancient Secrets Wonders, and asked me to choose one, which I did, and liked it, but when I logged in a few hours later, it is gone, and the game denies any knowledge of two new Avatars.

DeletedUser651

@Goryn

Are we going to be given points retroactively for all the ancient wonders that have been built in our cities? They can't want us to rebuild them, right? I think there would be a riot if that happened. I am worried because the june episode says that you get the points when you upgrade from level to level. If that is the only time the code is able to add the points to your score, then potentially everyone who already has upgraded wonders would be SOL. Please tell me they have worked it out so current players aren't screwed.

DeletedUser629

I don't have the answer to that question yet, but it's a valid concern. Whatever they will come up with, it will be implemented on Beta first, so when that happens, your feedback will be very important.

DeletedUser1627

For me the new ancient wonders are very amazing!!
But I want to know if the game developpers will add a background (as the elven, human, dwarves and fairy ancient wonders) for the new ancient wonders later.
And also I want to know if at the level 6 the new ancient wonders will change as the others ancient wonders.

I want to know that bacause I found very strange the fact that the background is not implemanted with the update.

DeletedUser338

The backgrounds are rarely implemented in the same update as the wonders. They'll probably get a background, but most likely not until the next update.

DeletedUser338

I'm just curious where they're gonna leave all those backgrounds. It's gonna be quite full if someone builds ALL the wonders.

DeletedUser1627

Yes but I have a bit idea of where some of them will be.
I came every day every hour in the wiki to see if it is update but never... deception... -_-