• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.7

I don't have the answer to that question yet, but it's a valid concern. Whatever they will come up with, it will be implemented on Beta first, so when that happens, your feedback will be very important.
To come back to this: you will not need to rebuild the Ancient Wonders in order to get the ranking points. We will make sure that all points for Ancient Wonders already built will be granted retroactively. :)

DeletedUser1278

thats good news will start with next wonder this week

DeletedUser651

Why have the tournament fights gotten so hard? Level 1 was a bear, level 2 was ok, level 3 is crushing. Negotiating is off the table since the costs went up so much. Players in my fellowship are getting frustrated. The fights are different for the different goods and people are upset that things aren't fair. If you have the wrong boost you have harder fights.

CrazyWizard

Today wasn't so bad, I am an elf but I had to deploy acrobats quite a few times. Unlike the normal strategy of golems and sorceress and ignore the other troops. If you used the basic strategy your losses would be much higher.

CrazyWizard

To come back to this: you will not need to rebuild the Ancient Wonders in order to get the ranking points. We will make sure that all points for Ancient Wonders already built will be granted retroactively. :)

This concerns me a bit, this suggests that the points can be accumulated by destroying and rebuilding the wonders.
I thought it would be likeworkers and culture. If you remove the use of it it will go away as wel(tho going into red doesnt remove points but removing the user of it will)

DeletedUser1627

When will the wiki be update with the new ancient wondeeeeeeeers?? ToT

DeletedUser1075

OMG....3 days 5 hours to scout one province!!! Come on. This is silly.
Yes, I am still able to find provinces I can do in 2d 13h, but realistically at 3+ weeks per expansion... ugh I'm about to hit a stopping point in my city for lack of space to move stuff around and do what I want. Again. I think I need more than 1 expansion to fix it too, so it will be at least a two-month break.

We definitely need a way to speed up scouting times or earn extra expansions faster.

CrazyWizard

Yes, I am still able to find provinces I can do in 2d 13h, but realistically at 3+ weeks per expansion... ugh I'm about to hit a stopping point in my city for lack of space to move stuff around and do what I want. Again. I think I need more than 1 expansion to fix it too, so it will be at least a two-month break.

We definitely need a way to speed up scouting times or earn extra expansions faster.

It's called premium expansions :D
How else are they gonna make a buck?

DeletedUser651

They also sold premium expansions before anyone hit 3 days plus on scouting. They sell premium expansions to folks who are facing 12 hour scouting. There is no need for this nonsense. A maximum 2 day scouting time is plenty. It shouldn't take years for non spenders to be on the same playing field as the spenders. Months...sure. Not years.

DeletedUser

I think that the only way to make any progress in this matter is to call a spade a spade:

Players who don't pay are being squeezed out. Whether intentionally or not, I can't say. But if you resist the "frustrate them until they purchase" marketing strategy, eventually the frustrations will become so intense that you can scarcely play.

It's not about scouting: it's about the "free to play" description of the game. This genre of game has a sliding scale, ranging from "truly free" to "free in name only". We need to organize a very public campaign to inform new players where Elvenar rates.

In your experiences - how does Elvenar rate in comparison with other "free to play" games?

CrazyWizard

neither worse nor better

When you start a f2p game you pretty much know you will hit barriers because thats the buisness model in 99.9% of the f2p games.
Theoreticly you can unlock the entire game as a f2p player except for the premium buildings. it just takes a massive amount of time.

the ones really squeezed out are the paying players, once you payed hundreds of euro's for a few snails you already know that half a year later at release of a new race you can buy them all over again.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I hope they come up with something else! It's just criminal to make folks pay for those ugly monstrosities.

DeletedUser1075

I kinda like the snails. There's a sublime sense of the ludicrous in having a statue of a snail. ;)

This is only the 2nd time I've hit a true stopping point that lasts more than a day or two, at least as far I remember. So it's not terrible. And I could resolve it with a mere $20 USD. But I'm stubborn that way - still not sure I want to give Inno that much money for my time. I'm a consultant, usually I get paid for my time. :)

By comparison, Grepolis was extremely difficult to play competitively without spending at least $10 a month - but for that $10 you got a ton of value in making your play more enjoyable on a regular basis. Here, it's pay to get snails that you'll be dissecting in another month or three, or pay to get an expansion that is sort of a "place it and forget it" kind of deal. And it's not $10 that I need, it's $20 (no, I'm not buying a snail, just trying to catch up on expansions before they next race hits and I'm even further behind).

So maybe the real issue is that the game isn't structured in a way that gives players the option to buy something that gives value over time - making them feel like they got their money's worth.

But I haven't spent on this game yet, and I'm a top 50 player. Which means I can't say that anyone is being squeezed out.

Still... I'd love a way to get a few expansions faster. I need 9 more to fill the existing grid and I'm closing in rapidly on 1 per month based on scouting time. That's really really slow.

DeletedUser1075

Was the AW scoring implemented today? Seems like it was... but I'm not sure.

DeletedUser1278

any news about wiki
2 more days and the live servers will get a update
I would like to see the fish before i start planning to eat it :rolleyes: