• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.17

DeletedUser

500 silk for 200k thats a good deal, not? thats cheaper then what it cost before 1.17

that is not the point. the point is that you have no options. what if i don't want to spend 200k and i only want to spend 32k as before? what if i don't want silk? also, that is only the price for the first time you buy it, it gets more expensive every time you buy it

DeletedUser1759

Hey guys!

Thank you all for your feedback! We'll review and forward it!
If you have more feedback/issues that you notice, please let us know! :)

(and remember, feedback works best with good examples!)

DeletedUser408

i've lost 3 city expansions today? why is that? did this new update steal them back?

DeletedUser651

The point is that they have nerfed fighting for nearly every player. Now they are nerfing negotiations.

I don't care who you are or how much you can do with or without something, the fact remains that fighting has been reduced and now negotiating has been reduced. Therefore the game has been reduced. Less game to play equals.....

You do the math.

DeletedUser118

i've lost 3 city expansions today? why is that? did this new update steal them back?

If that's really the case I would suggest a support ticket. They should be able to check if those expansions are really gone or not. There was a bug with the expansions which I think has been fixed so maybe the vanishing was caused by that too. :)

DeletedUser1759

Hey!
Sorry to hear that, please submit a support ticket for that so the mods can have a look :)

DeletedUser1767

Another issue: suppose you're a new player, who hasn't yet built Ancient Wonders. You're at a standstill on the tech tree, because you need more goods to unlock the next tech but have already put in all the required KP. Your coins and supplies are maxed, so you go to the Wholesaler to unload them, but the only things they have are things you don't need -- if you're a new player, we might be talking goods you haven't even unlocked yet. So: you can't get the goods to unlock the tech, you have nowhere to dump KP, possibly you can't even buy KP if your bar is full... you're stuck. You are literally stuck. One of the people in my fellowship is in exactly this position right now, and there's a good chance I will be too before long. Not good.

As for me, well, today's Wholesaler deals for me are exactly the same as yesterday's. Here they are:

Wholesaler.PNG

Here is where I am in the tech tree:

TechTreeChII.PNG

I'm not even done unlocking Tier II goods yet, and the only thing I can get for my supplies, two days in a row, is elixir! I now have 50 elixir, and it looks like there will be more of it in my immediate future. You can say "well that elixir will be helpful later," and yes, sure, that's technically true (and it's exactly why I have bought the elixir so far, rather than just sitting there maxed out, because I'm that sort of rainy-day person), but it's not helpful or satisfying now, and there is a great difference between a player in Chapter IX having to wait a day for an ideal deal and taking a lesser deal in the meantime, and a player in early-mid Chapter II having to buy elixir. Especially if all I am ever able to buy is elixir! I'm assuming the repetition is a bug, but I'm not really brimming with benefits of doubts at the moment.

On a slightly different note, I have, without particularly trying, managed to come up with three or five ideas about how they could have changed the Wholesaler to get a similar effect without causing catastrophes for new players and potentially nerfing NH. Should I post them here or in the Ideas forum?

DeletedUser

Sadly I don't think they care. they have closed the thread someone started regarding the wholesaler issues, telling us to post here, but i don't think there is any point. After all, we had several mod posts already, and not one answered any of our questions or concerns about the wholesaler.
they just don't care about our feedback

DeletedUser1657

There is one benefit with the wholesaler change. Human towns regularly were chasing T3 goods before they unlocked them as their superior houses needed them and they would get those first. With the slower acceptance of cross-tier trades this does given those human players at that point in time an avenue to break into and trade t3 goods to allow them to upgrade housing.

DeletedUser651

Sadly I don't think they care. they have closed the thread someone started regarding the wholesaler issues, telling us to post here, but i don't think there is any point. After all, we had several mod posts already, and not one answered any of our questions or concerns about the wholesaler.
they just don't care about our feedback

Marindor has been very good about responding to all our other feedback (even if we don't like the answer), but I am confused why no one has said a word about this. What's up?

DeletedUser1178

It has taken me awhile to figure out what to say about the changes to the Wholesaler, because I'm beyond Pi$$ed off!!! To put it simply, It BLOWS DEAD RHINOCEROS!!! My Apologies If this offends anyone, but it is the sad, sad truth!!!:( What are we supposed to do with all the excess gold now? Give it to Wholesaler and get raped in the process? Before I got 680 Tier 1 goods for 200K, do that 10 times, and go back to aiding gaining 6800 goods. Now if lucky, I'll pay that for the first hit at Wholesaler, and then the jumps in cost, per transaction, are beyond staggering!!!!:( Why do you guys feel the need to screw with something that was working fine, with the changes already made?!!!!! Why fix something that ISN'T BROKEN!!!!!
I still haven't seen the Negotiation Button, added to Neighbours cities, so we don't have to go back to our cities, every time we are aiding from the Negotiation Screen!!!!!, All the infrastructure is already there to add that in!!!!, and What about the very limiting 9 Pages!!!! Not even 9, because for some obscure reason, we only get 2 lines on page 9!!!!!!:( Gaaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!!!! Why are you people trying to take all the fun out of this game!!!!!!!!:(

DeletedUser1657

Marindor has been very good about responding to all our other feedback (even if we don't like the answer), but I am confused why no one has said a word about this. What's up?
One would guess they are now having to divide attention between this and the continuing battle updates. Unless someone has a cloning machine for Marindor, we likely just need to wait.

Edit: Just did some testing/calcs and it is a 50% increase on the coins for those offers, could only afford to look up to the third offer. T1 goods were 400 coins for 1 good and this ratio is the same for the first offer, 595 for the second and 898 for the third offer.

T3 goods were 6,400 coins for 1 good and are now 400 for one on the first offer, that is very nice. Second offer price is 600 then 892 coins for 1 good.

It is a little early to tell if the T3 good is a special or if the rates are generally fixed and we will always pay the same price.

Last edited by a moderator:

lika1961

No feedback yet? Oh wait, it doesn't have to do with the battle system. Yes, that would explain it. Must be frantically busy behind the scenes trying to come up with a solution for players who now have nothing to do with their excess coins and supplies. Or not.

Probably having coffee and cake and waiting for the storm to pass and the silly players to understand that they have done something wrong to bring this outrageous situation upon themselves. After all, the wholesaler is not an important part of the game, so why worry?

Its not like players are customers, right? We can always get more. The smaller ones are better anyway - they don't argue so much.

DeletedUser1789

Why does nobody come and explain to us WHY this change was made ? Why does nobody come and explain to us what they had in mind, when they did this change ? Did they truly think it's better like that ? Or did they make it on purpose, to slow us down or to make the game more complicated or to make us spend more diamonds...?

On the french forum we alwas get an answer quickly - sometimes we like it, sometimes not, but at least there's an answer.
But obviously here it's different, no one bothers about all the players being unhappy :-(

DeletedUser408

ok now wholesell trader i cannot spend coins on goods i need? new offers in 24hrs, if this stays like this, that is last stray for this game for me, man oh man what was insane reason for that, do you want to people to advance and play this game or is goal to bankrupt our savings coins/supplies/goods? and also army now

Seriously, this does nto happen in RL, batter trade for something you don't want or need, come back next day and see if what you want is available now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
only explanation i have is that it was possible in some circumstances to produce more tier1 goods with wholesaler then with actual tier1 manufactories (50k+ per day), making that manufactories useless (wasted culture,population,space)

there should definitelly be 9 pages of special offers atleast

Heymrdiedier

Maybe you should put in an offer to buy hammers from coins? once you hit fairies you will always be out of hammers. And consturcting extra workshops aint an option, because we are not allowed/expected to have many expansions, and they take up alot of room for the hammers they produce.

In my fellowship, the neighbourly help now stopped, because players dont see the point in it since they have to many coins they can do nothing with, making the hammer supply even worse