• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.16

DeletedUser1570

Where are the Woodelves style Armouries?
I was trying to expand my armouries in the elven achitect tool and couldn't, so I checked the research tree and found none as well.

We get 4 squad size improvements, better barracks, better mercenary camps, so everything goes faster yet again, but I dont see any improved armouries.
There are improved armouries in all chapters , but none in this one.

Mayor oversight?

There is a theory going on currently in my fellowship which says that the woodelves chapter will be extremely long and the tech tree will be released in steps. This means that all manufactories will be upgradable, but only tier 1 is released currently. Is this confirmed?
The armories will be coming in the next part of the tech tree probably. Some things that support this theory:
- the marble, steel and plank grafting sites are at the end of the tech tree; why would we build them, and where else will the resources they produce be needed?
- currently the highest non-diamond culture/tile building is the Mana Fountain which is 3*1 in area. That is very unusual.

Marindor

Question: what happens if I don't connect the new culture buildings that give mana to roads?
It's obvious that they don't produce mana, but do they give culture bonus or is that negated as well?

This is how it works with mana producing culture buildings:

1. You need a road connection to your Main Hall to construct the object.
2. After it's constructed, you will need the road connection to keep producing mana.
3. When you remove the road connection, mana production will stop but the provided culture will remain available to you.

DeletedUser1570

This is how it works with mana producing culture buildings:

1. You need a road connection to your Main Hall to construct the object.
2. After it's constructed, you will need the road connection to keep producing mana.
3. When you remove the road connection, mana production will stop but the provided culture will remain available to you.

Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

Jixel

There is a theory going on currently in my fellowship which says that the woodelves chapter will be extremely long and the tech tree will be released in steps. This means that all manufactories will be upgradable, but only tier 1 is released currently. Is this confirmed?

I hope this is true, because it means there might be more than just the 3 (three ! pathetic!) city expansions coming with this guest race.

Dear Inno: Buildings take space ! I don't know if you've noticed this yet ? So now that fighting is out of the question, you're going to have to be a bit more generous with the expansions, otherwise WE WON'T BE ABLE TO BUILD ANYTHING. Sheesh.

DeletedUser1767

There is a theory going on currently in my fellowship which says that the woodelves chapter will be extremely long and the tech tree will be released in steps.
Does your fellowship have any theories about what this means for upcoming chapters? I've been wondering whether the next guest race would be some sort of reclusive different humans, to match the reclusive different elves (mages maybe? or alchemists? either of those would make sense with crystal or scrolls as their Big Thing and also be different from the nature-oriented Wood Elves).

DeletedUser332

I hope this is true, because it means there might be more than just the 3 (three ! pathetic!) city expansions coming with this guest race.

Dear Inno: Buildings take space ! I don't know if you've noticed this yet ? So now that fighting is out of the question, you're going to have to be a bit more generous with the expansions, otherwise WE WON'T BE ABLE TO BUILD ANYTHING. Sheesh.

Every time I see people try bringing up the 'we don't have enough space' argument, I have to ask: You are aware that you can delete buildings, right? Especially when buildings change sizes (and gain a huge bump in efficiency), you have to realize that sometimes you'll have to tear stuff down as well. It's not always about build, build, build.

DeletedUser1570

Does your fellowship have any theories about what this means for upcoming chapters? I've been wondering whether the next guest race would be some sort of reclusive different humans, to match the reclusive different elves (mages maybe? or alchemists? either of those would make sense with crystal or scrolls as their Big Thing and also be different from the nature-oriented Wood Elves).

It's just speculation really. For the upcoming chapters this would mean some new cultural buildings, the remaining manufactory upgrades, armory upgrades and other things we have no idea about.

Marindor

@Marindor , thanks but what about NH help? No road = no NH help on these buldings?

Good one! Currently mana producing cultural buildings that are not connected, can't receive any NH either. I will check if that's intended or a bug and will get back to you once I have an answer :)

Dony

King of Bugs
There wont be extended chapter or anything like that. There are enough researchable techs with new resources needed, you just need to pay attention what you are looking for. You will never see more then 1 tier of goods to be upgradable per chapter, because there is no need to rush anything. Regarding culture and mana per tile, this is what people wanted, choice, you either will have more culture per tile but less mana or vice versa.
This chapter should be a bit better then orcs chapter in a term of endless loot/shrooms production.
There wont be armory upgrade in this chapter either, we got 4 last time, we will get 4 upgrades of barracks this time = even faster training = people can say bye bye to producing units over night = no point building whole city with armories = its just another message from devs what they want and thats actually right way, with plenty of more units to come and only 5 slots in barracks (maybe 6 in future) we will need fast training to produce them fast so we can change production between units in more reasonable times

DeletedUser

There wont be extended chapter or anything like that. There are enough researchable techs with new resources needed, you just need to pay attention what you are looking for. You will never see more then 1 tier of goods to be upgradable per chapter, because there is no need to rush anything. Regarding culture and mana per tile, this is what people wanted, choice, you either will have more culture per tile but less mana or vice versa.
This chapter should be a bit better then orcs chapter in a term of endless loot/shrooms production.
There wont be armory upgrade in this chapter either, we got 4 last time, we will get 4 upgrades of barracks this time = even faster training = people can say bye bye to producing units over night = no point building whole city with armories = its just another message from devs what they want and thats actually right way, with plenty of more units to come and only 5 slots in barracks (maybe 6 in future) we will need fast training to produce them fast so we can change production between units in more reasonable times

I find this system of having 3 different buildings, sharing a queue to train so many types of units really poor and confusing. For players that cannot log into the game frequently (every 3 or 4h), it will be a nightmare to produce enough troops of all the different types to have a squad of each type.
The minimum they should do to solve this mess they have created is to give us additional slots on the queue so we can queue up more types of units.

DeletedUser1238

Changes in polish-symbols ( new barrier for handicapped )

Sry, I seem to be the only one, who cares about this kind of things :(

Might be a bug, but my handshaking- symbols over buildings, that wish to be polished, are placed now downwards.
So they seem not to float anymore over the most buildings, but now (even smaller (?)) having the building himself
as background.
Don´t talking about the strange innovation, that at neighbours the polished one now have already some.:rolleyes:

I´ve got a handicap in vision, that can´t be compensated by any glasses, ...
So long elvenar was my perfekt world!:) with some help of zoom, etc, it was playable for me.

Now the missing contrast concerning "shaking hands" is causing headache for a visually impaired like me.
:cool:
Perhaps think over? ;)
Ok, maybe I´m the only player here, that thinks polishing is a worthful feature in this game^^ :oops:

DeletedUser

Changes in polish-symbols ( new barrier for handicapped )

Sry, I seem to be the only one, who cares about this kind of things :(

Might be a bug, but my handshaking- symbols over buildings, that wish to be polished, are placed now downwards.
So they seem not to float anymore over the most buildings, but now (even smaller (?)) having the building himself
as background.
Don´t talking about the strange innovation, that at neighbours the polished one now have already some.:rolleyes:

I´ve got a handicap in vision, that can´t be compensated by any glasses, ...
So long elvenar was my perfekt world!:) with some help of zoom, etc, it was playable for me.

Now the missing contrast concerning "shaking hands" is causing headache for a visually impaired like me.
:cool:
Perhaps think over? ;)
Ok, maybe I´m the only player here, that thinks polishing is a worthful feature in this game^^ :oops:
you are not the only one, there's is a whole thread dedicated to this

DeletedUser1238

Thank you so much madzix !
I don´t have much experience in posting.
Now I hope someone can fix my fault with "cut and paste" or something similar^^
I´m such a noob:oops:

DeletedUser1247

server errors stream errors cant visit neighbors more stream errors, lagging like mad, quest hangs up for several moments reload game and chat box lagging badly

DeletedUser503

I don't know if this just happened but the clasping hands icon, that floats above buildings which can receive neighbourly help, seems to have become smaller and less obtrusive. I am finding it hard to see them. Please could you make them larger like they used to be.
Also I can't seem to help my neighbours' builders even if the floating hands show that I should be able to.
This has been complained of in another thread, and all replies so far are saying this is happening
and we are not at all happy with it. I still see hands above non-culture buildings, hands are appearing over
culture that are not clickable as well.