• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Discussion] Release Notes version 1.1 + Chapter VII: Fairies

DeletedUser613

Well, I kept my portal just in case the first quest required either copper or granite, but what a waste of resources in creating those goods

DeletedUser1397

The maximum size of the city grid will indeed be extended. We hope to be able to do this before the update of version 1.1 is rolled out to the Live worlds, but at this point it's impossible to guarantee. Either way, it will be increased with one of our next updates, so your expansions are not wasted. There will be space to place 9 more. :)

What an incredible disappointment. 9 expansion spaces are not very much at all, I will be able to fill all of these on the live server on the very first day fairies are released. I won't even need to buy any premium expansions. I want to give you guys my money, but apparently you don't want it.

And on top of that, we might not even have the expansion space ready when fairies are released? Is this a joke? We've been waiting SIX MONTHS.

DeletedUser240

What a waste , my dwarven portal is full with 160k granit and 3.4k copper, so we lost producing all those planks en marble and no compensation.
And when i see the end of the techtree it seems to me that this is the very last and that nothing is coming further.

Wouldn't it be easier if the quest just checked for the amount of Dwarven Portals in the city? If portal == 0 > quest finished.
It probably would be, but it's not one of our options for quests. At least not at this moment. Maybe in the future. :)

DeletedUser778

The maximum size of the city grid will indeed be extended. We hope to be able to do this before the update of version 1.1 is rolled out to the Live worlds, but at this point it's impossible to guarantee. Either way, it will be increased with one of our next updates, so your expansions are not wasted. There will be space to place 9 more. :)
Can you tell us where we get the additional row?
Southwest, or southeast? Would be usefull for planning ahead. :)

DeletedUser246

Would be nice if they say when will release the new expansions... :(

DeletedUser

9 expansions only...thinking about that from a planning perspective:

We're going to need to understand how Wonders score, sooner than later, please.

We're also going to need to have a clarification about Supplies: will Spells on Workshops be the only reliable source of supplies? Given the huge increase in supplies needed for Fairy upgrades, this factor will affect how we allocate grid space. 40k supplies per residence upgrade (L17 up to L19) is a significant increase, especially given that supplies are already short.

Also, the proposed 6x3 shape of the Workshops is horrid: we will need many of them, and this shape won't fit well with any other buildings. We don't have structures for the resulting blind corners (5x6 or 4x6), so this can make our layouts less effective. I'm not necessarily complaining, just mentioning.

DeletedUser629

What an incredible disappointment. 9 expansion spaces are not very much at all, I will be able to fill all of these on the live server on the very first day fairies are released. I won't even need to buy any premium expansions. I want to give you guys my money, but apparently you don't want it.

And on top of that, we might not even have the expansion space ready when fairies are released? Is this a joke? We've been waiting SIX MONTHS.

You already bought premium expansions, since it's impossible to have a maxed city without buying them. With 75 expansions to gain, and 26 from the research tree, you'd need to get 49 from provinces which equals 350 provinces. You also claim to be able to fill those 9 new expansions on the very first day the fairies are released, which would mean you have 9 of them stored already, or you could get the first 2 from the research tree on the first day, and you currently have 7. Basically you're telling me you have either 417 provinces, or 437 provinces cleared, which is impossible.

DeletedUser246

Zio03SE.png

Waiting for new expansions... :)

DeletedUser1397

You already bought premium expansions, since it's impossible to have a maxed city without buying them. With 75 expansions to gain, and 26 from the research tree, you'd need to get 49 from provinces which equals 350 provinces. You also claim to be able to fill those 9 new expansions on the very first day the fairies are released, which would mean you have 9 of them stored already, or you could get the first 2 from the research tree on the first day, and you currently have 7. Basically you're telling me you have either 417 provinces, or 437 provinces cleared, which is impossible.

I bought the last premium expansions (17 total), because they were actually necessary at that point in time to maximize my space. I currently have ~250 provinces cleared on live servers, which has netted me ~6 expansions in the bank. If we received 19 potential expansion slots, I'd need to research every expansion technology, buy every premium expansion and still need some time clearing provinces to max out my space.

As it stands, I will max out my space within days of fairies being released. If we had more expansion slots available, I'd buy premium expansions 100%. Inno are losing a guaranteed 40$ from me in this case, and likely other top players as well. Seems like a poor business choice to me, but it might be necessary from a design perspective.

DeletedUser338

You just have to sell a portal. Level doesn't matter.
Btw, I've just been told that you can simply place a new one and immediately sell it (without waiting until it's fully built).

DeletedUser

You just have to sell a portal. Level doesn't matter.
Btw, I've just been told that you can simply place a new one and immediately sell it (without waiting until it's fully built).

More than likely you can, this would be the same as FoE game mechanics which they most likely use.

DeletedUser929

That's how I did the quest. Started building it and sold it right after it started. Quest done, no problems. :)

DeletedUser629

I bought the last premium expansions (17 total), because they were actually necessary at that point in time to maximize my space. I currently have ~250 provinces cleared on live servers, which has netted me ~6 expansions in the bank. If we received 19 potential expansion slots, I'd need to research every expansion technology, buy every premium expansion and still need some time clearing provinces to max out my space.

As it stands, I will max out my space within days of fairies being released. If we had more expansion slots available, I'd buy premium expansions 100%. Inno are losing a guaranteed 40$ from me in this case, and likely other top players as well. Seems like a poor business choice to me, but it might be necessary from a design perspective.

There isn't a lot of space left for new expansions, so maybe the next set will be released with the next guest race. At some point, the city will be full, so i'm curious about what will come after that happens.

DeletedUser867

There isn't a lot of space left for new expansions
If a third of your city, the settlement, can pack up and move to a new location, then so can the Humans and the Elves. There's a much larger open area just over the hill behind our current cities.

The practical consideration is the amount if "space" that you can realistically jam into a single display and/or my monthly data limit, so I'd rather see an outpost of some sort, perhaps an industrial district, where I can switch back and forth. New Town and Old Town.

DeletedUser199

Zio03SE.png

Waiting for new expansions... :)

Wow, Ballantines!

That's incredible! How did you manage to clear so many provinces despite of the immense scouting costs? Two days ago, I had only two more provinces left for scouting (all others exceeded scouting costs of 5700000) and I was only able to clear 287 provinces. What`s the clue?

By the way, if you like, you might use the 6 fields left in your city to put your spare expansions while waiting for Inno to create new space.;)