• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Discussion] Release Notes version 1.1 + Chapter VII: Fairies

DeletedUser338

@torchII the population wonder is actually pretty good. It's only 3x3 and at lvl 15 it gives 2600 population. Sure, it's an investment, but it's better than your average residence.

DeletedUser651

Well, something will have to be done about how we get these wonders because they are simply impossible to build now. You have to split your chances of getting a rune too many ways.

ophion

Ancient Wonders are never going to be offering fantastic rewards for building them. The simple fact is, that if they were that amazing then we would demolish other buildings that had now become obsolete because of them...and that would defeat the whole purpose. They are only ever going to be a little bit of a help to some...a great help to those that need them...or no help to others that do OK without them. The plus side is they are often good looking buildings to add to your city if you're into good looking buildings...and we all have the choice whether to build them. We also have the choice NOT to build them, so we can't really complain too much if they don't give us the miracles that we'd all like in our cities.
To me...they are a little extra on the side for those of us that like that little extra.:)

DeletedUser1163

The Fairies are still new to me. The Fairy's 1 hr. production cycles are annoying. I can't be running back to Elvenar every hr. to pick Sunflowers for them. At least the Dwarves worked for 10 hrs. in the mines to produce Granite, and a day to produce Copper. But you need a lot of land for 12 granite mines (14 is better) and 6 copper foundries. Seen through elven eyes, the Fairies' buildings are much nicer and don't negatively impact the environment.

Also, the Fairies don't require so much land to produce their crops. The max you can effectively use is 5 Day & Night farms, 4 of each is plenty at level 4. If you don't like the Dwarven architecture, and prefer your city be filled with flowers, trees and farms, you'll probably like this new Guest Race. Not too sure yet about their requirements to unlock research. The Dwarves’ requirements were ridiculous!

I love this fairy guest race. Who would think wee little fairies could fight. But they can if they ride into battle on a stinging bumblebee. I kept cringing every time they stung the Vallorian Guards. I know what that feels like. Ouch! Ouch!!

Here’s a challenge for you. Which units to train? All three unit production buildings share one training queue. You only have 5 slots to train humans/elves, wild beasties from the Training Grounds & warrior fairies from the Mercenary Camp. We need more slots to train more troops. It’s not easy keeping Elvenar safe from roaming and dangerous creatures, especially all those different types of Orcs. We even have Faineant Frogs spiting at our troops. That’s disgusting!