• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.20

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 0.20. More information can be found here.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser205

so, you couldn't manage the scoring list working parallel to your new superduperfeature?
I can only see first site of scoringlist - or did they all quit?
Perfekt again :D

DeletedUser

Hi, now every time i take an offer from trade, list come to start instead of stay on the last page where you take the offer , why?, that's is a downgrade, please fix it!
Thanks

so, you couldn't manage the scoring list working parallel to your new superduperfeature?
I can only see first site of scoringlist - or did they all quit?
Perfekt again :D
Should indeed be working as intended again! :)
Hi, now every time i take an offer from trade, list come to start instead of stay on the last page where you take the offer , why?, that's is a downgrade, please fix it!
Thanks
That seems to be a bug. It has been reported here, so you can keep an eye on that thread to know the current status of that report. :)

DeletedUser205

@Muf-Muf I don't will praise with stingy: hey that was a surprising fast solution :)
but
the mentioned backturn to page 1 after each accepted trade is embarassing too, isn't it?
just when THE ONE thing a ship will really bring forward (no tradingfees) is started your devs tinkered that bug into the trader (I'm sure, you won't call this a bug, it is in your eyes more a small obstacle, isn't it? :oops:)

What's up with the testserver you mentioned? Not possible to check those few given features before release?
Or do they think, that to check and report is task of silly betaplayers?
What the hell are the devs playing on the testserver? Could possibly be the wonderful other game I'm looking for?

Sorry for that cynical questions, but I can only be astonished about that carelessness in dealing with your customers :confused:

@sorella - Unexpected things happen on Beta servers. That's why we have Beta servers. If you hate bugs and errors so much, maybe Beta is not the place to be. Asking about testing over and over again in various threads and basically ridiculing the game testers and/or developers if a bug slips through is not the way to go. You have no idea how many bugs get caught and fixed before even getting to Beta server (and that you will therefore never even hear from), so please stop pretending you do.

If you want a more bug-free and smoother gaming experience, I would like to make you aware of our Live servers. We cannot promise zero bugs there, but we do our best to catch and fix as many bugs as possible before updating the Live servers to the newest version. Thanks for your consideration.

DeletedUser

...in this forum it seems they are all professors...:D:p:rolleyes:

DeletedUser867

Ahhh - a bit of frustration going both directions, eh?

The most interesting bug I ever found involved a circular buffer.
Somebody had set the length of the buffer to 10*4=40 when they intended 10^4=10,000.

Everything worked PERFECTLY in all of our tests. We isolated things to a fare-thee-well.
But as soon as the users touched it, things went to hell.
Beta environments are invaluable. They can test for both LOAD and for prior knowledge that's not available to everybody.

DeletedUser205

@Muf-Muf I sure not hate bugs on a betaserver, but I have no tolerance to find bugs on the uppermost levels on features. That looks like carelessness.
Your hint to play on liveservers sounds funny in the face of the quality the game was started on liveservers with lots of unsolved bugs.

With the same intention I could advise you not to job as a mod if you can't stand clearly spoken critic.

Professional answer to critic is always to thank for open speaking, because only that can help to make the product better.
There are a lot of professional ways to smooth down anger of customers (and that are we betatesters too!), than to send them away.
I will not leave this forum and I sure will not play this game on liveserver till it isn't far more developed to less boredom and more challange and fun.

with lots of unsolved bugs.
We currently have 7 confirmed bugs (you can check here, if you don't believe me). Our 'Fixed issues' section currently contains 135 bugs (no duplicates in there: those are in the archives). Is that really that much? :) If you know of more issues that are not listed in the 'Confirmed issues' section, you can report those by creating a thread here.

Anyways, we go off-topic here with this discussion. If you want to talk about this further, please do feel free to send me a PM. You can do so here: click. Further off-topic posts in this thread (by anyone) will be deleted. :)

DeletedUser967

Good Update but WHY we get those features which not as we really need? Always great question :confused::confused::confused:

DeletedUser205

back to topic: since yesterday I have lots of crashes (mostly with automatic new start). I NEVER experienced that in this game and the quantity is growing this morning very much. The crashes happen if I move around in Fellowshipwindow, Rankinglist and worldmap.
I can reproduce it with only moving in worldmap.
I stoped playing now, because its not possible to polish without permanent crashes.

And b.t.w. the map now shows brown spaces instead of greens if neighbors are cicked?
My direct next neighbor is away and leaves lots of brown space behind him (not only the place of his city but other provinces mainly in northern direction).

I don't write a bugreport, because I can't guess if that are bugs or new art :eek:

Edit: my next neighbor is back again and every province around him is green again. Worldmap seems to have partly problems

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This time I agree with you, sorella, 'cause I've had the same problem: I crashed in any 5/6 motivations...I hope it'll work better as soon as possible, 'cause otherwise it becomes impossible to motivate or to polish neighbours and fellows now ;)

DeletedUser118

Those crashes make me wanna give up giving neighborly help. It took me almost 45 minutes to give my help to my neighbors and fellows. It's not gonna work like that!

If this continues, I will provide no more help to other players. Sorry but I have better things in life to do than refreshing my browser after visiting 5 cities...

DeletedUser

Yes, I believe that also developers could understand how much damaging this problem is for all of us: it'd be a real pity if now we could not more help not only our neighbours but first of all our fellows! It'd be crazy :confused:

DeletedUser205

IMHO that is a typical sort of problem which can happen with implementation of a new big feature as fellowship is.
And it is our task as betaservers to find it and deal with it in patience till the solution is found.
Hopefully they will solve that quickly

Marindor

Same problems here with the black screen/loading issue indeed. This seems to be the main problem lately and our development team is working on this with priority. We will keep you informed on it as good as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience guys, we hope to have this resolved soon as well!

DeletedUser

Only who is working can do mistakes, Marindor, here as in the real life. Don't worry ;)
I'm satisfied they're already working on this issue :)

DeletedUser867

Plugging a memory leak is NOT a trivial problem, and it may actually be an Adobe problem rather than an InnoGames problem. Several references indicate that ActionScript does not provide any direct garbage collection tools.

Here's some background information for those of us who like to understand the Nuts and Bolts.
Very much to the point, a development project of this size is like a dynamic jigsaw puzzle. You CAN make some general plans about how everything is going to come together, but it's like herding cats and you have to be pretty nimble when somebody is struggling.

Last edited by a moderator: