• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Discussion] Behind the Scenes: Battle Redesign

DeletedUser1757

And if you do that you need to upgrade barracks, cause else it takes too long to train a squad. And if you upgrade barracks, you need to upgrade the armorys or everyones city will be full of armorys. And if you do those things, you also need to upgrade the wonders, or they become useless.

So everything fixed, ooh wait now ppl still will only use golems/sorceress and paladin/priest. Why dont we change the strengths and weaknesss a bit so our players start using all their units again. And thats how this whole changes started i assume :)

its might look simple, but its not simple at all: )
do you know with this "new balance" it will take to train more time units? Even if time seems lower you will receive more damage... greater loss... more training.

DeletedUser

Just like the Orcs (required to negotiate at Provinces in the 11th ring and further), the difficulty of battle is a sign to players to not scout out too far too fast on the World Map. It should never have been possible to get as far as some of you may have gotten

There seems to be some serious error in this perspective, based on the balance off earned expansions and provinces completed. For example, by the end of Fairy age, I had 2 extra expansions available - despite being consistent with 24/7 scouting. When you say that "we should never have been able to get as far..." what that really means is that only players who pay for their expansions will have grid space similar to what we original players had.

It may be correct to call this "change in policy", but to imply that we were progressing faster than we should have is bogus, given that we basically proceeded at the speed necessary to earn the expansions Inno made available to us.

DeletedUser1548

@bobbipiazza , you should do it. It's not like the whole idea is stupid. It's pretty good, actually. :)

The only way to permanently block us - advanced players - is to use MH but that's not the solution nor the issue here.
Elvenar is in infant stage (toddler maybe...) and there are and will be less and less early adopters. We will die out of age. New players - their real target group - will live in a different world and they accept it as it is.
I said some time ago we are all testers and the game works in a crowdfunding mode and I still believe it's true. That's why I bought myself third worker and nothing more. I wait to see if it's worth my money.
When the game grows up they will throw TV commercial - like with FoE recently - and new players will flood servers. Success story. :)

DeletedUser118

Come to Elvenar and meet new ppl. Don't mind the bugs and the non-existing working fighting system but hey we have some great graphics and cute animations running.

Ok, that might not really attract new ppl but then again so far this entire game is missing a few things that makes it different from others. Its sad but true.

DeletedUser1757

@bobbipiazza , you should do it. It's not like the whole idea is stupid. It's pretty good, actually. :)

The only way to permanently block us - advanced players - is to use MH but that's not the solution nor the issue here.
Elvenar is in infant stage (toddler maybe...) and there are and will be less and less early adopters. We will die out of age. New players - their real target group - will live in a different world and they accept it as it is.
I said some time ago we are all testers and the game works in a crowdfunding mode and I still believe it's true. That's why I bought myself third worker and nothing more. I wait to see if it's worth my money.
When the game grows up they will throw TV commercial - like with FoE recently - and new players will flood servers. Success story. :)
They wouldn't even know how they messed Elvear. Because new data will be replaced and old data will disappear. If you start FoE today is impossible to play.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Just to let you know: We note all your feedback and will keep passing it forward to our development team. Regarding the specific question about Orc units and whether or not you'll need Orc farms to recruit them: We will forward that question as well and will come back to you once we have an answer. Please keep in mind that it's weekend now and next Monday is a bank holiday in Germany, so I expect to have an answer not earlier than Tuesday.

Hi guys,

We promised to get back to you about this. The production of orc units will not require any temporary resources, so you won't have to keep your orc farms to be able to recruit these units. There is a possibility though that they will require Orcs (which you produce in your armories) but since your armories can produce them anyway, that shouldn't be a problem. If and how many orcs are required for militairy units, is not yet known.

Dony

King of Bugs
I think there was also a question if researching that new orc unit will require loot and shroom of wisdom aswell

Last edited:

DeletedUser1757

Hi guys,

We promised to get back to you about this. The production of orc units will not require any temporary resources, so you won't have to keep your orc farms to be able to recruit these units. There is a possibility though that they will require Orcs (which you produce in your armories) but since your armories can produce them anyway, that shouldn't be a problem. If and how many orcs are required for militairy units, is not yet known.
1 for 1. Simple.

DeletedUser1548

@Dony , wow! Great you noticed it. I did not and was sure that new tech will not require Orc goods.
I can't believe we've been asking this trillion times and got the answer for a different question. o_O

@Marindor , does it mean new Orc unit will not require additional tech?
I think we could imagine we will not be forced to keep Orc portal and farms forever just to be able to train units in Mercenary Camp... That's why we've been asking about the tech over and over...

I have 4 Orc techs left to unlock so soon I will be ready to delete the farms. Should I or should I not?

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

My question was about unlocking the tech. It never crossed my mind that we would need loot and wisdom shrooms to produce the units, but maybe to unlock the related tech. Something must have been lost in translation... can we have a confirmation that we won't need these resources to unlock the new tech for the new unit please?
thank you

DeletedUser1677

Seems like autobattle/autofight has become impossible, or am I just unlucky?
And yes, I tried to choose the right units

DeletedUser1681

Seems like autobattle/autofight has become impossible, or am I just unlucky?
And yes, I tried to choose the right units
There hasn't been any updates since the following quote (from Muf-Muf's long post) so this probably still is the case:
Another reason why it is possible to lose so many troops, is especially apparant for those who use auto-fighting a lot. Our AI is not perfectly adjusted to the new system yet (it's a work in progress and we're continuously finetuning it!), which affects the enemy troops, but also your own if you are using auto-battle.

DeletedUser118

My question was about unlocking the tech. It never crossed my mind that we would need loot and wisdom shrooms to produce the units, but maybe to unlock the related tech. Something must have been lost in translation... can we have a confirmation that we won't need these resources to unlock the new tech for the new unit please?
thank you

But wouldn't that mean they would have to add that to the current Orc techtree and not inside the upcoming Woodelves one? I don't really think Woodelves care much for Orcs. ^^

DeletedUser

But wouldn't that mean they would have to add that to the current Orc techtree and not inside the upcoming Woodelves one? I don't really think Woodelves care much for Orcs. ^^

I have assumed they are going to add it to the current orc techtree, because otherwise it wouldn't be an orc unit, it would be a woodelves unit. It won't be the first time they go back and add techs to previous chapters anyway. The question is if we need loot/ shrooms of wisdom to unlock it, since by the time it is released we will all have moved into the new chapter.

DeletedUser1757

I have assumed they are going to add it to the current orc techtree, because otherwise it wouldn't be an orc unit, it would be a woodelves unit. It won't be the first time they go back and add techs to previous chapters anyway. The question is if we need loot/ shrooms of wisdom to unlock it, since by the time it is released we will all have moved into the new chapter.
Nothing else should be added into Orc's chapter. They had enough time before releasing orc's chapter.

Last edited by a moderator: