• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Daily Exclusive pictures please

DeletedUser1548

As @Dony said.
People in general like mixed culture/population buildings but I try to avoid using them as they generate problems later on. In my opinion of course. ;)

Heymrdiedier

As @Dony said.
People in general like mixed culture/population buildings but I try to avoid using them as they generate problems later on. In my opinion of course. ;)
i indeed prefer the mixed ones, mainly because i allready have way too much houses in my city, the idea of removing some of those houses for something more pretty appeals me. Also trashing a house gives you back the culture a houses uses also so you cant only count the inhabitants in a mixed building as only inhabitants, they also mean a bit culture (or no culture loss).

SoggyShorts

@Heymrdiedier
Also a mixed culture/pop building is a house that doesn't need a road, so there's a slight advantage there too.
The reason I decided to grab some SCT is because for my chapter 4 beta getting 10+ winter stars would mean I need zero houses for population - which sounded great.... until I realized I'd have no income. So a mix of Winter stars and SCT is probably better in my case.

DeletedUser1681

okay they look great, but you sure got yourself alot of them. You know even better prices are coming right?
Hang on, wait a minute !!!
The live servers started a week later than us, so they'll be getting this nice stuff we have now a week later... which just happens to be around the time of xmas celebrations. This may be as good as it gets around here. Well, I do hope there's a lot of nice stuff coming but for us some of that might be recycled.

DeletedUser651

People in general like mixed culture/population buildings but I try to avoid using them as they generate problems later on.

I agree. They are a big problem because you can't replace them. Either you are stuck with them or you really get messed up trying to get back all that population if you put something there that gives you more culture. It is fine if they keep having contests, but if not, you really have issues since you can't upgrade them. Unless that new blueprint thingy lets you upgrade these things.

DeletedUser1681

Does anyone have today's prize: Frozen lake ?
The picture in the prize window is so small that I don't really have much of an idea of what's going on.

PS. Nevermind...

Frozen Lake.jpg

I still don't know how to capture animated images, but the girl in the middle is figureskating on ice.
Actually imho this is one prize which might have looked better in bigger size.
I think I'll try to find a place where I can put Lampion Winter Pond and this next yto eachother.

I've tried to avoid placing those prizes (like the 2 first main prizes) that are "too wintery" fearing that they might really look out of place once the summer returns within a few weeks.
Lampion ponds are staying for quite a while though, such a good culture in a small space.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1681

Winter star :)
Actually it is :)Winter star:). My palms started to get a bit sweaty when I was clicking and clicking and no winter star, just relics and knowledgepoints.... number of snowflakes diminishing. You know how it feels when you see something that you really like and the chances get less. Eventually got what I wanted.

So why did I want one so bad, to quote myself (I like doing that)...
I've tried to avoid placing those prizes (like the 2 first main prizes) that are "too wintery" fearing that they might really look out of place once the summer returns within a few weeks.
I'm thinking that placing the winter star somewhere in the vicinity/middle of other wintery stuff you might think it's generating a bit of local winter and it's easier to accept this stuff in the summery city. At least that's my theory.

PS. If somebody wonders why I get excited by stuff like this :rolleyes:, as I've said before... I still like to think that I'm playing a city building game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1681

me too, i got 1 in my first 52 boxes...had to take a break.
next 140 boxes were much better--14 total:D:D
What size of boxes were you opening ?
Did you note how many times and how much extra snowflakes you got ?

Buttrflwr

I have tried to look and see what we have left, but I don't have that kind of brain! I know @SoggyShorts does. What do we have left to come besides the candy cane unicorn and winter deer?

DeletedUser1681

...With 7 days left and the 7 buildings (Candy Cane Unicorn / Frozen Flame Purple / Igloo Festival / Temple of the Frozen Flame / Winter Deer / Winter Pond Habitat / Winter Star) still having to make an appearance...
That's from another thread from yesterday. We now have the winter star, so...
If you look at the very first post in this thread where Soggy quotes someone there's a link to a spanish fansite which list those that haven't appeared yet and what kind of culture etc they give. I've often used that as a reference.

Buttrflwr

That's from another thread from yesterday. We now have the winter star, so...
If you look at the very first post in this thread where Soggy quotes someone there's a link to a spanish fansite which list those that haven't appeared yet and what kind of culture etc they give. I've often used that as a reference.
Thank you for the other thread quote. I have been using the guide soggy posted for reference myself, but I didn't know it has a list of those that haven't appeared?

DeletedUser1681

Thank you for the other thread quote. I have been using the guide soggy posted for reference myself, but I didn't know it has a list of those that haven't appeared?
Los que faltan por aparecer - Those that are missing to appear (google translator). The list is getting shorter ofc, but you can see the details (only pictures of two though). Just scroll towards the bottom of the page.

DeletedUser1767

Since the observatory is the daily prize today, something is getting left out from that list...
Is it? There are seven days left (minus one hour), and we already got the Winter Star yesterday, so that should leave six buildings for six days, right?

DeletedUser1681

Is it? There are seven days left (minus one hour), and we already got the Winter Star yesterday, so that should leave six buildings for six days, right?
Yes, 6 days +19 hrs to go at the time of writing and I think the servertime (though not visible anywhere ?) is just a hour different from my local.
...but no more recycling.

SoggyShorts

ssorry, havent really been online, visiting family and using tablet plus sketchy internet thanks heff for the list