• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[City] Building swap feature

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ophion

I like the idea that FOE uses...for example...swapping buildings by placing the one you wish to move on top of an existing building and moving the existing one to the now empty space. This allows you try out different options to see how it works out without making it permanent or costing anything.
Obviously you can only swap buildings that occupy the same space and size...but it saves having to keep a blank area in your city free for moving buildings.

DeletedUser

It would help me , but the game would be easy ...

Keeping space rare and expensive, and sell it for diamonds is the mainquest of Inno I guess. Some things could be improved for better handling the items.
Once I played another Browsergame 'for free' but there has been no progress possible without buying items with real money and so I left.
This game here is quite difficult by now, so there they coul give us little features to make playing a little bit easier.

DeletedUser

In the world of FOE, dev seems to stand on a storage space as exploitation(or so it seems). I support being able to swap same size buildings by placing one over the other and clicking. All the rest of these ideas(storage and such) are not appealing to me because they reduce the challenge of city planning. However, I would like to see some sort of advanced notice as to the next 2 or 3 upgrade sizes of any particular building. Right now, the only way to tell wut my next upgrade will require is to attempt an upgrade and then I only see the next upgrade size. Am I missing something?

DeletedUser

Keeping space rare and expensive, and sell it for diamonds is the mainquest of Inno I guess. Some things could be improved for better handling the items.
Once I played another Browsergame 'for free' but there has been no progress possible without buying items with real money and so I left.
This game here is quite difficult by now, so there they coul give us little features to make playing a little bit easier.
I agree with you: it'd be a nice idea if they gave us features :)

DeletedUser

...perhaps 'cause this game is not FoE? :rolleyes:

What does it matter which game it is? Where is the difference? I do not understand why good working features of other Inno games not have been implemented right at the start, sorry.

DeletedUser

I understand magicLucy your point of you, but I would not that Elvenar was a copy of FoE...then, if there is something good to implement, I'm the first who wishes that ;)

DeletedUser

I understand magicLucy your point of you, but I would not that Elvenar was a copy of FoE...then, if there is something good to implement, I'm the first who wishes that ;)

I also don't want it a copy of FoE, but not using a good design thats in a very simular game in the other can just be silly :p

I think the way FoE does it would help here also.

DeletedUser1362

the idea is simple

To make an "Rebuild" option where player can put any buildings (without selling them) up to:
- 5 until Tier II
- 10 until Tier III
- 15 untill Tier IV(if there will be tier IV in future)

This will help with rebuiling the City.
Now i know MANY will overuse this option so:

If buildings wont be removed from "holdout" within:

24 hrs - Player must pay a fee (10% of coins and supplies Building is CURRENTLY worth)
48 hrs - Player must pay a fee (50% of coins and supplies Building is CURRENTLY worth)
72 hrs - Player must pay a fee (100% of coins and supplies Building is CURRENTLY worth + 2000 of each goods of the tier that was it bought from i.e. If it was marble factory(Tier I) player must pay 2000 marble, 2000 Planks, 2000 steel))
96 hrs - Buildings are sold.

DeletedUser

I like the swap out option forge has although it would be less effective here since we don't destroy old buildings first. On f.o.e if you are upgrading and destroy a building you get a bit of room, then if you swap out the adjacent building you've created a decent size empty footprint and can do some major shuffling. Since we don't get rid of structures I would think a modified version of swapping or a different mechanism all together may be more appropriate. What was great about the swap option on f.o.e was that it opened up city building/designing possibilities without taking away the challenge of design. It eliminated the frustration but kept the challenge intact.
I'm 100% in support of having SOME sort of game mechanism in place if it improves function without diminishing gameplay but I am not sure what that would look like.
I like the swapping or open space ideas. I would even like a spell that opens 5x5 plot of land for a limited time span that allows you storage to move things around. When the time runs out you would simply have the city snap back to the pre-spell state if something is still there. I'm not a programmer and have no idea about the technical feasibility of that idea.
a solution not tied to having a magic academy would be preferable .

Deleted User - 8093

+1 for swapping buildings like in Forge of Empires.
Thanks!

DeletedUser

A storage system couldn't really be exploited if two factors are incorporated:

* Buildings in storage retain their population and culture

*Buildings in storage do not count toward score

This way, no one is going to keep valuable buildings in storage for very long! Storage becomes a way to protect our premium buildings and to facilitate the process of rearranging our cities.

City rearrangement is one of the pleasures of the game, one we seldom have access to.