• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[City] Building swap feature

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser867

if two factors are incorporated
How are you going to prevent somebody from dropping their Barracks, Builder, Trader, Magic Academy, Ancient Wonders, or unneeded Culture, none of which contribute directly to your score, into the storage system and just leaving it there??

I understand the temptation to squeeze every last point out of your available expansions,
but if wiggle room THAT valuable, why not just reserve a bit of open space for wiggling?

The various swapping and buffering arrangements all "sound nice" but an enormous number of things can go wrong and a more stable solution is readily available. Just leave yourself some free space.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How are you going to prevent somebody from dropping their Barracks, Builder, Trader, Magic Academy, Ancient Wonders, or unneeded Culture, none of which contribute directly to your score, into the storage system and just leaving it there??

I understand the temptation to squeeze every last point out of your available expansions,
but if wiggle room THAT valuable, why not just reserve a bit of open space for wiggling?

The various swapping and buffering arrangements all "sound nice" but an enormous number of things can go wrong and a more stable solution is readily available. Just leave yourself some free space.

Good point. I suppose if a player wants to permanently eliminate fighting or building or trading, they could have that option...just as if people want to shoot themselves in the foot, they should have that option.

I wouldn't blame anyone for putting a Wonder in storage...but soon the Wonders will score, so that wouldn't be sensible.

As to leaving "a bit of open space for wiggling", unfortunately that doesn't work. It requires two open grids just to move the Main Hall.

I'm open to restrictions on the storage...but would still like the opportunities to do something fun that qualifies as "play".

DeletedUser1557

A storage area would be awesome as i cant move anything around :(

DeletedUser651

We suggested this the first month this game existed and it was forwarded....yet still we don't have it.

I'd like to get this idea going again. With these two restrictions:

The storage locker gets bigger as the game progresses. It would be limited, but that limitation would increase. There would be no limit for premium buildings.

Buildings in storage do not count towards your score.

Benefits:

From a player point of view it would make the game a lot more fun. You could rearrange your city over and over when you are full and waiting for new races. It would give players something to do. It is FUN. (We need fun things to do). :D:D:D

From a player point of view people wouldn't be so reluctant to buy premium buildings. They wouldn't feel ripped off if they bought a building that later became superfluous. :D:D:D

From Inno's point of view, they would sell more premium buildings. Especially if there is no limit to the number of storage slots for premium buildings. No one likes to buy something they toss out in a week. But if you can keep it....

From Inno's point of view, if the players are happier and on more often, the game will be more popular and it will run better. We won't have so many empty neighborhoods. More folks will stay. In general it will make the game a lot better and people will give it better ratings.

From Inno's point of view, it is harder to get money from a new customer than to convert an old one. It is important to Inno that people don't play the game for a week and then leave. If players stick around they are opportunities to convert them to paying customers.

From Inno's point of view, they could sell larger storage lockers so there is the ability to monetize this idea.

Attached to this idea is the idea that they could sell lots of different looking premium buildings, so a city wouldn't have to look like a lego set. You could buy one premium building that looked like x and one that looked like y, but they would both have the same functionality. Think of the money Inno could make! Who wants to buy 25 of the same building? Who wants a city that looks so boring? You could buy dragons and unicorns and griffins and rocs and centaurs and gods and all kinds of really cool stuff. If the devs are too busy to design all this new stuff, all they need to do is ask the players to do it for diamonds. Maybe the animation would be hard, but they could design things that had a few animations with the basic design on top changing. More money for Inno, more fun for us!

How hard can this be to implement? Even a simple kid's game like Foopets has the ability to store and design tens of thousands of items.

DeletedUser1833

This is an "off the top of my head" idea but...
Could you not have a mode that simply removes your Main Hall from the board for a while?
This would give you space to move stuff around.
To get out of the mode, you have to have the space available to put your Main Hall back.
You can't "store" anything because there's nowhere to store it, so nobody can "park" an AW for while.
There's no temptation to do anything other rearrange your city, because nothing is producing while there's no Main Hall.

Brummbaer

I disagree with this idea.

It makes the game too easy. One of the most exciting feature for me, is to plan my city. I do NOT have enough city space to swap buildings around.
Every new chapter of the game with a new guest race makes it necessary to re-design my city and that is the most interesting thing for me. I've been playing the game for more than 2 years and every time there is a change in size or orientation of the building my first thought was "Sh.., how can I manage this". But after a while and a second view. Let's spit into the hands and try to manage this new problem - and it works.

This is my point of view and I'm sure a lot of players do not like this. I'm always happy when I solved this job.

The unavailability of this option, is the best feature of this game for me :p

Greeting Brummbaer :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser

What exactly are voting now? just swapping or storage included?

I'm ok with swaping same sized buildings,
example: re-order mushroom farms according to levels and production items.

But I'm against any kind of storage.
Because, you have so many tools that you can use before actually build a building.
Also you can delete roads and you will get plenty of space to redesign your city.
Think ahead and not just blindly build everything to the max level.

DeletedUser1596

It is not mandatory to fill up every single square of the city. And if you do, you can always sell any bigger culture building and build it again. It will be back online before you come back from work :)

Marindor

Unfortunately this poll didn't meet the minimum requirements of 80% of the voters in favor of the idea. This means this idea will now be archived :)