• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Chapter 15?

Arthus

@Arthus I let you have your opinion on that, but you should keep in mind that something, what has not been officially announced, cannot be considered as delayed. I would say all this is based on priorities and devs just decided to prefer new events and spire releasing before new chapter.
And they wouldn't do that, if events didn't keep players in game. And I believe they do (I'm a proof for me). :)

6 months is enough. Sorry, it's delayed too much, it's the main reason Soggy left and much of people from our fellowship did too, 7 months locked in 1 chapter, only earning buildings for which there's no place in town.

And you're wrong, chapter XV was announced, just wasn't announced the date and what would it be, it's already delayed compared to Amuni/Constructs.

That's not the only reason Soggy left.

That's the MAIN reason Soggy left and he wrote it himself, 2nd main was trivializing chapters, 6+ months of wait to make them in 2 weeks with portal profits.

Buttrflwr

Personally, I am hoping they have realized that the current map is insufficient for many of us, ie no province expansions left, out of space, etc. I am HOPING that they will implement where we can click a portal, or some other way to transport us to a whole new city map, LIKE the land of Ulnar. That would greatly improve the space constrictions, add another whole element to the game, and possibly explain the amount of time it is taking to develop this. This is not an unheard of concept, as I have seen it in other games I have played. (no, I don't remember which ones, I am old) :p It may be server prohibitive though, as they do seem to have server issues at times. I suppose we'll see eventually.

PrimroseSylvia

Ceres is now available
This is the only Ceres I'd like to meet :D :D
ceres.jpg

iDavis

@Arthus can you guide me to that announcement of chapter 15?

Btw the fact that Amuni / Constructs were released ~6 months after previous chapter doesn't mean that all future chapters will follow the same gauge. So again, this is not reason to consider it as being delayed.

Last edited:

Marindor

@Arthus let's set some things straight:

1. I don't know where you got the idea that anything was "delayed" but a delay is what happens when you are not able to meet the deadline you set for yourself. Maybe you set a certain deadline which said the next chapter should be there a few months ago? At least it's certainly not our planning, so the fact that you think something takes too long, doesn't mean we regard it as a delay so please refrain from using words like that to avoid confusion. We're still very much on schedule as planned with the next chapter :)

2. We are not going to talk about individual other players/forum members here. If these people would like to say something themselves, they are free to do so. We are not going to speak for them. Please keep your statements about your own experience/thoughts and don't pretend they're the statements/thoughts of other people nor InnoGames. Thank you :)

3. In regards to your statement that "storyflow should be the main focus of the game", please keep in mind that we have a very large player base of which only a very small percentage is playing end-tech. This means that the development of a new Chapter is right now maybe only something about 5% of our players can enjoy, the rest is not even there yet. This doesn't mean that we're not developing it, but that does mean that you might want to reconsider your point of view in this matter. Events are enjoyable by nearly our entire player base (excluding the ones in the very very early chapters) and cost less time to develop, while new chapters cost a lot of development time for only a relatively small group of players. So yes, we're developing new chapters over time, but no, I don't agree with you that they are "more important" than events. Both are important on the long term, but the balance is important and right now it wouldn't make sense to e.g. release 3 new chapters per year, when there's only a very small percentage of players who are ready to enjoy those :)

Elvercikk

I don't know where you got the idea that anything was "delayed" but a delay is what happens when you are not able to meet the deadline you set for yourself. Maybe you set a certain deadline which said the next chapter should be there a few months ago? At least it's certainly not our planning, so the fact that you think something takes too long, doesn't mean we regard it as a delay so please refrain from using words like that to avoid confusion. We're still very much on schedule as planned with the next chapter :)
@Marindor it's just one of the theories of colleague @artus that chapters are published every six months. He wrote about it on the Polish forum. when it turned out that his theory did not work and his information was not confirmed, he was born with the theory that IG did not meet the date of entry of a new race. Me and my guild friends have already finished the era of constructs and are patiently waiting for the emergence of a new race. However, colleague @artus is directly interested in a new race to appear to defend his theory that races enter the game every six months. Sam is in the race of amuns so at the entrance of the new race will not benefit.
that's why I'm surprised that he is spamming here forum on beta accusing you of not meeting deadlines.
The ending will be that he will feel misunderstood and cornered again ...

Arthus

@Arthus can you guide me to that announcement of chapter 15?

Btw the fact that Amuni / Constructs were released ~6 months after previous chapter doesn't mean that all future chapters will follow the same gauge. So again, this is not reason to consider it as being delayed.

They announced that Chapter 15 is officially confirmed on Fb live, i never mentioned date announcement

Arthus

@Arthus let's set some things straight:

3. In regards to your statement that "storyflow should be the main focus of the game", please keep in mind that we have a very large player base of which only a very small percentage is playing end-tech. This means that the development of a new Chapter is right now maybe only something about 5% of our players can enjoy, the rest is not even there yet.

Because 95% of players in our polish servers are dead accounts, maybe here too?

Lovec Krys

Well, to estimate if chapter is delayed, I looked at the releases of previous chapters (for live servers).
(note: these are dates when they were announced, so actual release date may differ by few days, so it's possible, that release month of some lower chapter might be later)
Chapter:
VI - Dwarfs 10/15
VII - Fairies 2/16 (+4 months)
VIII - Orcs 7/16 (+5 months)
IX - Wood elves 10/16 (+3 months)
X - Wizards 2/17 (+4 months)
XI - Halfings 6/17 (+4 months)
XII - Elementals 2/18 (+8 months)*
XIII - Amuni 8/18 (+6 months)
XIV - Constructs 2/19 (+6 months)
XV - ? ? (already 7 months)

From those numbers we can say that standard for last 3 chapters has been 6 months (even less for lower chapters), so from this point of view, the chapter is already delayed (or we can say that the number of months between new chapters has increased again).

The bad part of this is, that number of end tech players pausing or quitting will increase.
The good part of this is, that with more months between chapters, you can sustain more magic residences in your city (assuming that you get 1 BP every week from tournament).

% of end tech players is nice, but we don't know if all the dead cities were accounted as well.
For example, in my main server, there are currently 28449 cities with at least 1 point. But only 4509 cities with at least 1 point in tournament.
If number of playing players is let's say double (= half of playing cities don't bother to play even 1 tournament encounter), it means 9k of playing players and 19k of dead cities.
Now 5% of 9k and 5% of 19k are very different numbers.

@Arthus You can do the same for checking if 95% of the cities in your server are dead or not. If they have at least 1 point in tournament, they aren't dead.

Edit: *Ok, corrected, so if the next chapter is released next month, then it will be equal to the current record.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2670

Just one small correction, 8 months passed between halflings (june 2017) and elementals (february 2018) and wasn't that because of a new mechanic (sentient goods)? Similar to current "delay", as all 3 tiers of sentient goods have already arrived, so they are probably working on a new mechanic...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaxom

If you can't release new chapters on a regular basis maybe you could let end-tech players suspend their accounts while they wait. No decay of mana, seeds and sentient goods.
The main reason that I even log on most days is to keep those from decaying away. History tells me that I will need huge amounts of those items in Chapter 15 so either I start them from zero or I keep logging in.

I guess you can afford to lose the 5% of the players, many of whom have spent lots on diamonds. I guess that is your choice.

On live worlds I see absolutely ZERO interest in the Spire among the members of my fellowships. None of them are end-tech but plenty are upset.

Biloutte91

Just one small correction, 8 months passed between halflings (june 2017) and elementals (february 2018) and wasn't that because of a new mechanic (sentient goods)? Similar to current "delay", as all 3 tiers of sentient goods have already arrived, so they are probably working on a new mechanic...

No all 3 tiers of sentient goods are not arrived ! T7, T8 et T9 are not "in game"

DeletedUser2670

No all 3 tiers of sentient goods are not arrived ! T7, T8 et T9 are not "in game"

T4, T5 and T6 are what's called "sentient goods" as far as I know, there is so far no evidence of T7, T8 and T9 coming so soon (at least I hope)... If you look at research of advanced trader in Constructs chapter it says something along the lines of "not needing to upgrade it for a while"

Lovec Krys

@LArsouille I doubt they will make T7-9. They are preparing something new for us.
But another question is - what happens when all units have all upgrades? We are close to it. 4* units perhaps?

Biloutte91

For the moment, we don't know if the devs are working for T7, T8 and T9

but in my Main Hall , Marble, Crystal and Elixir have not in "color" :) :) :) why ? i don't know

8d7u.png

iDavis

Please no 4* units. Some new units would be better. And new barracks for them. As well as new manufactories with new goods (instead of T7-T9 (which I hope they'll never implement)). And everything trained and produced on a new playfield - even Unur, I don't care, but something completely new would be definitely better than just keeping features in current state.

Wowwie

I thought It was suggested in the Q &A that

new chapter may be 1 or 2 a year depending ( no date set as in when )
And that they working on something new
and different
Patience
considering Flash is not totaling finished until December
Christmas is just around the corner so the chapter will here soon,
Gives a chance for other events and challenges they have in store for us
Lo0king forward to the Events and the New Chapter too it when ever it happens :)