• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Castle Snow Flake and Tower Premium only?

DeletedUser1817

Yes, we are close: my estimation was based on 173 snowflakes collected over about 5 days and 18 hours (from Monday afternoon to Sunday morning).

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Also interesting is that with all of those boxes you should get about
48 of each tier 3 boosted relic
20 rune shards
100 KP
10 event buildings

EDIT: off to bed, @ChristobaldusMagnus please pass on a big thank you from me to the french guy =)

DeletedUser1817

Thanks conveyed to the French girl (@animalsauvage on the French forum and worlds) who completed this list.

Regarding the snowflakes we can expect to get, these last ten secondary quests add 913, leading to a total of 4128 snowflakes from secondary quests and a grand total of about 6338 collectible snowflakes, corresponding to a bit more than 45 large gift boxes, without taking into account the bonus snowflakes obtained opening these boxes: about 10 more boxes, if we keep the same droprate previously considered.

DeletedUser1817

I think I have read somewhere on the French forum that 800 snow globes were needed in total for the thrid grand prize, this time.

DeletedUser1777

Would be great when one of the players who already have gained the second or third price would post us a screenshot or tell how many globes are needed.

I would guess, that it might be 250 / 350 / 450 (1050 in total)

Did some maths:
50 Snowflakes from start
1050 daily quests (30*35 flakes)
4128 questline (1-100)
720 spawned (30*24h*1 flake)

5948 flakes in total

without considering the chance to win snowflakes you can open
118 chests at a cost of 50 flakes = 590 globes
66 chests at a cost of 90 flakes = 660 globes
42 chests at a cost of 140 flakes = 840 globes

DeletedUser1657

720 spawned (30*24h*1 flake)

This may need to be estimated differently as I don't seem to accumulate more then 6 crystals while offline. If a person sleeps/works for 6 hours or more they cannot get 24 flakes in a day.
If 18 collected total = 540
If 12 collected total = 360 (logging twice a day)

This one can vary a lot based on play activity and luck. Thanks for the calculations.

DeletedUser1681

@ChristobaldusMagnus : Did this french girl maybe get the 3rd prize. It would be cool if you maybe could provide screenshots of 2nd and 3rd prizes and some details of their effect. No pressure, I'm just curious.

DeletedUser1817

Snowflakes collected may vary based on activity, but I am not sure it is that much of a variation. I am pretty sure I have already collected more than 6 after a long absence (some snow crystals giving more than 1 snowflake).

I realized, checking @Flabbes calculations, that my initial estimation of 30/day was flawed because I forgot to take into account the 50 bonus snowflakes you get at the event startup. Though, not that much, because another calculation error in the amount spent on gift boxes (360 instead of 420, for 3 large gift boxes) almost compensated the first one. I made a new calculation, with my current data, I hope avoiding previous errors this time, which gives me a revised estimation of a bit more than 35/day (about 1.49/h, based upon 240 snowflakes collected from crystals over 6 days and 17 hours). I will consider 32/day to be very conservative.

What I am wondering about is why @Flabbes seems to only consider 30 days of event, while my event countdown started on Monday afternoon around 34 d 11 h (which seems to correspond to the announced event dates spanning over 5 weeks, likely minus a few hours on day 1 and day 35)?

So my revised calculations would be:

Bonus snowflakes from startup 50
Snowflakes from daily quests 1190 (34 * 35)
Snowflakes from secondary quests (1-100) 4128
Snowflakes from spawned snow crystals 1104 (34,5 * 32)
Total "reward" & collectible snowflakes 6472, which correspond to 46 large gift boxes

Bonus snow flakes when opening gift boxes
13 % chance of getting 140 --> 837 (average)
7 % chance of getting 200 --> 644 (average)
Average total bonus snowflakes 1481, which correspond to 10 more large gift boxes

56 large gift boxes --> 1120 snow globes

@Heffernan
I think she might have got the first two grand prizes (not sure if she had enough space to build them), but not yet the third one, as she only could so far, as the rest of us, get 8 daily quest rewards and collect snowflakes from crystals for less than 7 full days.
I will check with her and get back to you.

Rechecking the French forum, I found a message where she confirmed having obtained the first two grand prizes and is working on the third one.

Here is a translation of relevant details she gave regarding the grand prizes.

Grand prize I: Snow Flake Mountain, 250 snow globes required
Grand prize II: Castle Snow Flake, 400 snow globes required
Grand prize III: Castle Snow Flake, 800 snow globes required

Detailed characteristics, depending on the research chapter you are in (last one in which you have completed the "Advanced scouts" research), are available in the main event dialog preview, or, if you are close to entering a new chapter, in Elven Architect tables.

So, a total of 1450 snow globes being required, it seems, unless there is something really wrong in our calculations, that getting the third grand prize remains a matter of above normal luck or diamonds :(...

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Grand prize I: Snow Flake Mountain, 250 snow globes required
Grand prize II: Castle Snow Flake, 400 snow globes required
Grand prize III: Castle Snow Flake, 800 snow globes required
FFS really? Here I was praising inno for listening to us and making all 3 prizes possible with hard work and dedication and now there's this.

DeletedUser1817

If our estimates are correct (there still could be factors we do not know), I think the last grand prize is, at least, if you have some luck, possible, but not guaranteed...

It is a progress compared to the Summer Solstice situation, where even getting the second grand prize was a matter of luck... Not as much as we would like :(, but they have made some effort;).

DeletedUser724

250/400/800 ...OMG

I even do not have any chances to get the middle one...

DeletedUser1817

You are really pessimistic: 650 snow globes is just a little above half our estimated average gain (1120 snow globes) ;)!

SoggyShorts

There is a segment of players that will hardly get anything-- Those with orc limit on provinces, and every province available scouted, but not in the orc chapter yet.
The scout quests do not all offer a PoP spell alternative.

DeletedUser1817

That is indeed a case where players will be left with snowflakes mainly from the snow crystals and the daily quests (we have not yet found an exploration without alternative there) and only a limited amount from the start of the beginning of the secondary quests sequence (up to quest 11, 36, 51, ... depending on whether they still have a few provinces available for scouting or not). So a bit more than a third of the average total snow globes we can expect, say roughly around 400 :(...

@Marindor, do you know if this problem has been considered by the developers?

Dony

King of Bugs
There is a segment of players that will hardly get anything-- Those with orc limit on provinces, and every province available scouted, but not in the orc chapter yet.
The scout quests do not all offer a PoP spell alternative.
this kind of people should not exist anymore, it was 5 months ago when limitation with orc was introduced and if people are still stuck on this, they have seriously no clue how to play this game