• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Castle Snow Flake and Tower Premium only?

SoggyShorts

EDIT: After watching the Dec INNO TV, I'm not so sure...
"There are many quests, like over 100"

It looks like the
Castle Snowflake and
Tower of the Winter King

Will only be available for diamonds (like Venar's Rocks II & III)

35 daily quests for 35 snowflakes each
=1,225
35 Secondary quests (this might be wrong, but SS had the same number of secondaries as dailies)
The first 29 Secondaries give 418. With #29 at 20 snowflakes I expect the last 6 to be 22 on average
=570 ish
Crystals in your city- 1 per hour giving 1,2, or 3 snowflakes. Assume you get all 24 X 2 on average
=48x35=1680

1225+570+1680= 3475
That gives you just shy of 25 big boxes, so 500 snow globes. Prize #1 costs 250, and I'm guessing #2 is more.

So it's probably possible to get the second prize if you luck into the free 200/140 snowflakes from buying a chest, but the final prize will be less than a 0.00001% chance without diamonds.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1817

It seems they heard some of it, at least.

The snow crystals are a new way to get additional Snowflakes for people regularly checking their cities. And there should be more non daily quests this time (about twice as much as daily quests, according to the French team).

The Tower of the Winter King might still be a little hard to get (tons of luck or some diamonds), but let's test first and see how hard exactly before complaining ;)...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1681

It seems they heard some of it, at least.
The snow crystals are a new way to get additional Snowflakes for people regularly checking their cities. And there should be more non daily quests this time (about twice as much as daily quests, according to the French team).
The Tower of the Winter King might still be a little hard to get (tons of luck or some diamonds), but let's test first and see how hard exactly before complaining ;)...
Yes, it's hard to estimate - you must also remember that events have some "slack" at the end so that those who aren't/can't be daily active can catch up (even the so called daily quests can be done several in a row until you catch up). So how many daily quests there are can't be necessarily deducted from the dates. I'm sure there's someone who knows ?? ;)

DeletedUser736

I doubt we will be able to get everything. right off the bat, I've been stuck for days on the "scout a province" quest. The whole thing is designed to punish us. I'm not even close to deluding myself. I am not getting rank 2 reward unless extremely lucky, and reward 3 is out.

Also, in the summer event, I toyed with the idea of buying diamonds because I was pretty close of reward 2. I do not remember the exact figures, but I remember that the $$$ required for me to get the tier 2 reward was not worth it, because for the same amount of money, I would have been better off buying premium buildings.

DeletedUser736

I did'nt watch it, but if there is so many quest, I don't think I can complete them all anyway because they made scouting mandatory.

SoggyShorts

I did'nt watch it, but if there is so many quest, I don't think I can complete them all anyway because they made scouting mandatory.
My Chapter 3 account has been stuck on quest #40 all day because I can't get anyone to trade me marble. Granted I have an advantage over you with 1h scout times, but with 35 days even 3 day scout times shouldn't make it impossible for you (there are 2 scout quests in first 43 quests)

DeletedUser1817

"Over 100" quests, that would fit with what we already knew:
- 34 or 35 daily quests (during the Summer Solstice event there was no new daily quest the last day),
- about 70 secondary quests.

Some might take a bit longer for advanced players, like the scouting ones, some other much longer for new players, like gaining 20+ relics (without help from tournaments) or some resources (40k gold or 1k of each tier 1 goods is trivial for an advanced player, or with a good fellowship, possibly much longer to achieve for a beginner), I do not think though that there is any reason to panic when, after 5/6 days on a total of 35, the fastest among us already have reached secondary quest 43 ;), without any preparation...

SoggyShorts

some other much longer for new players
Yep, I posted my 3 star same-tier trades for marble the same time I started 2 PoP spells, thinking I'd just do 2 quick 1h scouts, but it looks like I'll end up having the choice of using my spells instead. Annoying when I flip to my Live accounts and see hundreds of thousands of marble.... Anyone interested in a cross-server trade? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser736

Does the quest requires you to trade? I usually use the wholesaler to complete theses quest instantly

DeletedUser1817

When the quest says "Gain", trading with the wholesaler usually works fine.

Apparently, there would be even more quests that I was expecting: a French beta player reported on the French forum that he has reached, using some diamonds to speed up the process, secondary quest 86. So, "over 100" could be just about secondary quests.

DeletedUser326

You all Forget that you can get a few thousand snowflakes via opening boxes. In Summer Solstice Event i got 7-8 additional boxes via solstice from opening boxes. The chance is pretty high.

But i agree last reward is premium only it always was. When i see quests like scouting a province which requires me 3 days -.-

DeletedUser1817

No, I never really forgot that, even though I did not try to evaluate its impact. That was one of the reasons I said:

But I think it was quite futile to try evaluating what total number of snowflakes we could expect gaining, while we still did not know more precisely how much secondary quests there will be. Knowing that it could actually be more than 100 already changes notably @SoggyShorts initial evaluation.

CrazyWizard

You all Forget that you can get a few thousand snowflakes via opening boxes. In Summer Solstice Event i got 7-8 additional boxes via solstice from opening boxes. The chance is pretty high.

But i agree last reward is premium only it always was. When i see quests like scouting a province which requires me 3 days -.-

for the last reward you need to open 38 boxes
you need 31 initial boxes and on average you get 7 free boxes due to the snowflakes reward.

31 boxes = 4340 snowflakes

The event lasts 34 days resulting in 34 dayquests
34*35= 1190

--------

They said there will be more than 100 quest
asuming 104 of which 34 are day quest leaves with 70 regular quests

currently known quest reward 942 snowflakes
21 unknown quests reward at least 33 ea, extrapolating it's current progress it will be around 40 ea
21*40 = 840

942+820= 1762 snowflakes

---------

that means you still need another 1388 snowflakes, or 40 snowflakes a day during the event
I think 40 is a bit high, but a bit of luck on the chests resulting in more than 7 times the "free snowflakes" reward will surely give you the opportunity to get the main reward without spending a single diamond.

since some luck is involved it wont be for everyone but for premium players only it surely aint.

edit: there could be more quests than the ones I guessed making it even easier to reach

Last edited:

DeletedUser1817

@SoggyShorts
Indeed, above a certain amount of goods, considering his rates :(, the wholesaler is no longer a viable option for less advanced cities...

@CrazyWizard
According to another French beta player, who spent some diamonds to speed up the secondary quests chain, there should be 90 secondary quests, with a total reward of 3215 snowflakes.

If you add to that 1190 snowflakes from 34 daily quests, plus about 30 snowflakes a day (about 1,25/per hour for me, so far, but I will be cautious and only count 30 a day) from snow crystals for 34 days (34 * 30 = 1020), you reach a total of 5425 snowflakes, which corresponds to a little more than 38 large gift boxes.

If you consider that, opening these boxes, we should, as an average, using the same droprate you used, get enough snowflakes to obtain at least 8 more large gift boxes, we should be able to reach a total of 46 large gift boxes (920 snow globes).

So it appears they really heard complaints about the Summer solstice event and, for those who do enough of the available quests, getting the third grand prize will no longer be a matter of impossible luck...

Last edited by a moderator: