• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

slide

If this event is harder because mermaids was easy then why have the endless recycling of quests? Just have a certain number and when they're done then they're done, by having them never ending anybody who is lucky enough not to have multiples of toolboxes and hours and hours of scouting will get more rewards anyway.

It makes no difference if there are a fixed number of quests or never ending if end gamers are stuck with 5 days+ of scouting as they won't get to the end anyway!

Last edited:

Deleted User - 76673

I am late getting started on this event. When do we get the Panda? I think I am on the 4th or 5th task, but haven't gotten a panda, but yet the prizes show the first GP as a Panda upgrade. How can I upgrade something I don't have?

Arayla

I am late getting started on this event. When do we get the Panda? I think I am on the 4th or 5th task, but haven't gotten a panda, but yet the prizes show the first GP as a Panda upgrade. How can I upgrade something I don't have?
You should have gotten it already. I think there is a bug entered for it. If you contact Support, they will fix it for you.

Deleted User - 56274

Okay, so you definitely need to do something on quest distribution or scaling... 9 encounters or 45 tourney encounters (tourney isn't up) , gain gold, then gain 11 relics. Encounters/tourney encounters and gain relics use the same LIMITED resource pool when tourneys are not up.

Also as I have said before - as a mid chapter player 45 tourney encounters = 12 provinces which is almost double what I can do. I would much prefer a 2-day production run as it has a similar weight for all.

UlyssesBlue

When the quests are of the form "Produce [stuff] with a [workshop/manufactory] from your current or previous three chapters" it is very difficult to understand exactly what the minimum level is that qualifies. It requires looking up a bunch of info just to figure out what that is, and it's not simple. It's also not clear what it would be if you're at the start of a chapter and have not yet researched the workshop/manufactory upgrade yet.

I would strongly recommend these quests are rephrased into the form "Produce [stuff] with a [workshop/manufactory] that is at least level [X] or higher". That way it's explicitly stated, even if the chapter dependence means it's slightly more complicated from a coding perspective to display the quest requirements.

UlyssesBlue

If this new more difficult structure of the event quests is intended to indirectly cut down on the amount of grand prizes people win then surely it would be more logical to instead just directly cut down the grand prizes? Make it so that the grand prizes can only cycle so many times, then after that it changes to a different set of prizes, such as spells or relics or some other type of 'booby prize'. People can keep going if they want to (maybe to get more daily prizes), but will not be able to win any more of the main prize buildings. Or alternatively, make it so more secondary event currency is needed to get the grand prize, as was seen in some previous events (phoenix?). I think it jumped from 20 feathers to 30 feathers after people had won enough to get 3 level 10 phoenixes. This was a sensible system.

Heymrdiedier

in my opinion, this event isnt harder at all then mermaids, in fact i have a lot more event currency now then i had at mermaids at the same day. You can get 188 event currency per quest in this event, while only 64 in mermaids.
The event is just different, and i welcome this change. doing the same old productions in lvl 1 workshops and manufactories is rather boring. that was sooo 2016.
I also think we wont win less rewards then in mermaids, except for those edge case players ofcourse who scored extremely high in mermaids, i can imagine they might have a harder time this time since not many open provinces left...

And yes i also had to adapt, and i used a lot of the spells that have been in my inventory for a long time anyway. Was glad to finally find a good use for those time boosts, i always found it utterly useless to hurry an upgrade, if it just leads to being endtech and bored faster.

DeletedUser1953

For me, the most frustrating is that we need to repeat event after event, we need alternative to "Research Quest only" and "Scout Quest only" !
I think the new quest "Reseach or Scout" is the way for Inno to test our patience. And now we can have 3 times in row or more !!

Lovec Krys

in my opinion, this event isnt harder at all then mermaids, in fact i have a lot more event currency now then i had at mermaids at the same day. You can get 188 event currency per quest in this event, while only 64 in mermaids.
It is harder. In Mermaids I could complete the 24h workshop quests in 10 seconds, now I have to wait 24 hours.
The same goes for other quests requiring high level workshops/manufactories (Doing 4x 9h T1 takes me 18hrs with my 3 T1 on beta).
And the fact, you can get several scouts in a row is crazy (fortunatelly I don't get them, but being in Elementals with my beta city, that's not so bad for my beta city as for my main city).

ps: Of course, with your 14 workshops it's much easier and much less annoying doing workshop quests than with my 6 (especialy the 24h ones).

DeletedUser2630

This event is lighter but only for small players!
I've never come this far on a bet. Because I have an account in Chapter 3, and even though I log in there every few days, we're somewhere at 115.

But it is much more difficult for big players, almost unplayable. And in fact, as a small player, the event is of no use to me - the chapters go through so quickly that they throw away the buildings anyway. So it is clear that the event goes against the people who need the most - advanced players.

DeletedUser607

yes, but even if the 24h quests need to be done on the main workshops, just tell the random-quest-generator, that 3 times in a row is a bit too much. a member of my FS now has 4 scouts in a row. of course she feels stuck in this event.

just make the random quest generator less dumb, that already fixes 80% of the issues.

DeletedUser332

Also as I have said before - as a mid chapter player 45 tourney encounters = 12 provinces which is almost double what I can do. I would much prefer a 2-day production run as it has a similar weight for all.

Unfortunately, this option isn't feasible as eventually, manufactories are able to produce sentient goods and at this point, the 1- and 2-day production options are lost. A 2-day production quest would clash with this event's quest design of having manufactories (and workshops) close to the player's current chapter as late-game players would need low-level manufactories in order to produce it.

Heymrdiedier

It is harder. In Mermaids I could complete the 24h workshop quests in 10 seconds, now I have to wait 24 hours.
The same goes for other quests requiring high level workshops/manufactories (Doing 4x 9h T1 takes me 18hrs with my 3 T1 on beta).
And the fact, you can get several scouts in a row is crazy (fortunatelly I don't get them, but being in Elementals with my beta city, that's not so bad for my beta city as for my main city).

ps: Of course, with your 14 workshops it's much easier and much less annoying doing workshop quests than with my 6 (especialy the 24h ones).
yes you're right, i got 14 workshops, it was too much and was about to tear some down when this event came. So i got lucky that way. But they are idle most of the time, dont get that much WP productions quests. (I posted my quests i had so far up earlier in this thread somewhere, feel free to check it out)

On live i managed to build 5 extra by now, and hope to get another 5 ready before the event is over. Thats where the fun part for me is, will i manage to prepare in time, and not get stuck too much?

on beta im also still building extra T1 factories, you never know they might come in handy. Even tho i do think i have enough now, building extra WS wasnt really an option anymore since the event would be over when they are ready.

Maillie

Perhaps it's not understood what the effect of these quests are to people who really enjoy the events. I had a toolbox quest. That meant that the only thing I could do in the event was click on three toolboxes. Done for the day and nothing to "play" until the next afternoon. Then I got a 9 hour workshop quest, which finished in the middle of the night. Done for the day and nothing to "play" until the next morning. Now I have another toolbox quest. Done for the day, nothing to do until tomorrow. This is exactly why we set up the little size ones previously, so that we had something to play, even when we got the toolbox quests. The events were fun and exciting, but that's not exactly how I'd describe "click 3 toolboxes and come back tomorrow."

Please consider limiting the amount of rewards, rather than the way to get any at all. It isn't fun for anyone to click on three buildings and come back tomorrow when we were used to having a really good time with these events.

Jackluyt

Did the quests just change?

When I went to bed I had 3 Toolboxes - which are still cooking, uncollected.

When I just logged in, the quest had been replaced by this one, followed by another for 6 Advanced Tools.

70914274_10214757826679899_7137587951998861312_n.jpg

Maillie

My quests changed. I had the three toolboxes quest and when I looked I had the "Let's seek some Golden Keys!" quest, also. Then I got a quest for Bread. I'm so happy!

Dony

King of Bugs
Did the quests just change?

When I went to bed I had 3 Toolboxes - which are still cooking, uncollected.

When I just logged in, the quest had been replaced by this one, followed by another for 6 Advanced Tools.

70914274_10214757826679899_7137587951998861312_n.jpg
yes, when quest get changed, its automaticlly replaced by this, because it doesnt exist anymore