• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

Just a head's up: We wont be able to change this before the weekend anymore, but due to your feedback, the Scouting quest will get an extra alternative with OR Gain 15 Vision Vapor next week :)
When ?? We already had an update today but this wasn't in it. :( Don't tell we have to wait till friday. :eek:

slide

When we first had events, they were fun, there was anticipation but there was also an end to them, if people had space they could put the tiny buildings in and get it done in a week or so and if not they had the challenge of squeezing things in and trying to get finished by the end date... but could somebody please tell me where the fun is in getting the toolbox quest FOUR times out of 11 quests?

I'm only on the 55 key quest as I was away last week and didn't log in, its not as if I'm high up the quests... its ridiculous and if it goes to live in its current format there will be a lot more people complaining than on here, its gone from one extreme to the other!

Heymrdiedier

For me the fun is:
- To be surprised by the quests and adapt to the new ones. (so not have a prepared list up in front)
- To try and beat the limitations the devs put in place. (try and upgrade as many workshops and factories to use before event is over)
- To try to earn a lot more keys then ever before. (and hopefully manage to get more then 1 bear, but not sure if thats possible yet)

:)

Last edited:

DeletedUser3028

I would think workshops defined by size would be enough to slow players down. 3x4 for higher levels. It prevents easily switching out workshops and manufacturers and it uses 3x the space. So, low level players up to say chapter 4 or 5 could stay with the level 1, or make it level 3 to make it have some effort to switch around, and then the 3x2 for up to chapter 9 and then the 3x4 for chapter 10 and up.

Oh well, I have give it a try to see if I would gain some motivation after a few days and I am still not convinced this type of event is worth it. My thoughts so far regarding this new type of quests :
  1. I dislike the fact that I have to build more high level buildings (manufactories & workshops) to do the quests in a reasonable amount of time. It is a waste of time and resources. I would rather build low level buildings and sell them after the event.:confused:
  2. I dislike the fact that I have to screw up my WS production to make toolboxes. :mad: :confused: This forces me to use instant or spell to compensate if I want to maintain my city production to the level I want in order to do tournaments and play the spire a little. More importantly, 24 hours production run does not encourage active gameplay at all so I am really surprise to see this type of quest.
  3. I like the option of using the spire in addition to the tournay or world map provinces to make some quests:)
  4. I highly dislike the quest asking for scouting or research.:( This does not encourage active gameplay when it takes more then 5 days to scout and you have no research to do. For advanced players this is a non sense and appreciate that you will add vision vapors collection as an option, even if I dislike to have to craft something I don't really need just to cut into the waiting time
  5. The randomness of the quest should not allow to get 2 or 3 times in a row the same quest... it is not fair to get too many easy quests in a row, and it is not fair to get the longer ones either (5x 24 h in workshop :eek:)
  6. It is a high demotivation factor when we see very little hope if getting only one of the 3 grand prizes to its maximum level. :confused:
  7. I love the graphics of the 3 bears :p
thanks for reading.

Deleted User - 60107

I know I am repeating what has already been siad, but:
Please make it so we can't get the same quest twice (or more) in a row. Earlier I got "Buy 10 KP" twice in a row, now I got "Produce Advanced Tools in a WS of your chapter..." twice in a row. Getting the same quest multiple times with nothing in-between is boring and annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 56274

well, I had toolboxes x3, buy 15 kp, produce t1 boosted, gain 11 relics, gain gold, gain 11 relics and toolboxes x5

Please, reduce how often gain relics can occur - this in combination with the bloody encounter quests means that I am going through far too many provinces since tourney is not up.

palmira

Will we have an alternative to the "Scout one province quest" anytime soon? I would welcome the gain relics, buy KP anytime to be plagued by all this scouting... 8 scouts and still at 100 keys it is way too much

Deleted User - 56274

@palmira I believe they added research and potentially 15 VV, not sure if the VV one is implemented yet.

DeletedUser607

from my perspective:

the trade-off, do stuff with the main production: is quite okay, for not needing to set up these pesky small buildings.

but what annoyed me so much was: I got the 3 toolboxes-quest 3 times in a row. and I have just 5 magical workshops. essentially, that crippled my supplies-production. and a FS-member had that issue with 3 scouts in a row. which made her really unhappy.

so, the event just needs a few adjustments:

1. scouting requires us to wait several days, not funny.
2. toolboxes with the main production drains every bit of fun from the event.
3. a randomizer, that allows several times the same quest, that makes sure, that the fun will never come back.
4. maybe think about something for those with magical workshops. count stuff twice?

solve those 4 issues (shouldn't be too hard), and you are good to go.

(EDIT: by the way, all workshops were earned by bugreports, chapter-diamonds, spire or wishing-wells)

EDIT2: in total, this quest-system is a step forward, no more silly upgrade 4 buildings to lvl 4, no more 10 mini-workshops with toolboxes, etc, and no frustration with accidentally harvesting stuff that would've be needed 3 quests later. you got rid of quite some unfunny quests.

EDIT3: yes I know, since many quests demand uneven numbers of stuff, like 5 toolboxes, doubling the output for magical workshops would mean, that there need to be 3 done (because 2 is not enough). still a valuable trade off.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3039

Join about magic workshops. You sell the building for diamonds, we buy it specifically to optimize the city, and now you require high-level workshops for the event. What's the logic?

palmira

@palmira I believe they added research and potentially 15 VV, not sure if the VV one is implemented yet.

Research is not an alternative for us, the ones that finished constructs and have nothing to research, and they did not implement the 15VV alternative, that was exactly my question being in the 8th scout task (with no alternative).

Deleted User - 56274

@palmira Hopefully soon. The individual quests need a sleep timer before they can recur. Expensive quests really should not recur daily let alone every other....

Bramblerose

Hallo,

The event is now 8 days of which I am now already 5 days at the provincen. When will the alternative of you finally come? This has nothing to do with event play but just wait wait wait wait wait. If we are not allowed to play an event then it does not play either.:mad:

Bram

lika1961

I don't understand the need for this new overly complicated system. To the point where there has to be a thread for event preparation. Really? 30 or so quests in sequence. It worked for years, why change it? Especially into something that makes it very unattractive to take part. It has effectively stopped events for me and makes me want to rage quit in a big way.

DeletedUser264

Hi guys,

Just a head's up: We wont be able to change this before the weekend anymore, but due to your feedback, the Scouting quest will get an extra alternative with OR Gain 15 Vision Vapor next week :)
Is that change that much complicated that it couldn't be done today? :eek::eek::eek:
I hope it comes tomorrow as I got this quest again. I am getting scout at every seventh quest, the new system is so wrong. :mad: