• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Ancient Wonders

ferrari13

Oh no :( :mad:
"The Relics required for the Ancient Wonders upgrades are removed from your Relics inventory."

This won't be good... It is about 60 boosted relics / wonder...

There should be lower prices

DeletedUser778

In the general ancient wonders description is this picture with additional training size, but theres nothing written about additional training size in the sanctuary part of human ancient wonders.
So I wonder if this pic is from an old version, or does the sanctuary (and hopefully the monastary) still give additionl training size?
AWoverview.png

Btw I think the martial monastery looks really great, good job from the designers :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser283

Oh no :( :mad:
"The Relics required for the Ancient Wonders upgrades are removed from your Relics inventory."

This won't be good... It is about 60 boosted relics / wonder...

There should be lower prices

I agree
we definitely need something to use our non-boosted relics, and this is nice :)
now why do we have to use boosting relics, thus reducing our production ?

DeletedUser778

I found the expand button and I have to say I'm really disappointed:
-A total of 3429 KPs to upgrade the monastery to lvl 10... Ok it should take a while to have a full wonder so it might be ok, but 3429 is still a really huge amount (143 days without KPs from provinces, etc.).
-63 boosted tier 3 relics... :eek:(if the columns in the wiki don't get mixed up) that's worth around 50% points of my boostrate down, or up, if i manage to stay at my current rate while upgrading the wonder.
For +10% unit health and 116 culture per square (96 for temples of the holy fire)
Tier 3 manufactories take the most space and need by far the most basic resources to run.
So atm the wonders absolutely don't look worth it to me.

Luckily the members of your Fellowship and your Neighbours can help you build your Ancient Wonders, so you don't have to do all by yourself. ;)

DeletedUser338

Can't say I find this a very big problem. I mean, Wonders are supposed to take a long time to build, this is a nice way to make it take a while. I assume the earlier levels will take less KP than the higher levels, so I'm pretty sure everything will work out just fine. KP's aren't really that much of a problem either, since there are now quite a few different ways to get them.

DeletedUser1345

Don't know about wonders in FOE. In Grepolis wonders were an interruption to the fun. Here it is someplace to put KP while you are waiting for granite and copper to meet the levels needed for research. I guess to feel like the KP are not going to waste.
In my opinion you have come up with an upgrade that will cost useful relics, take up huge amounts of space, divert KP, and waste construction time. Frankly, not even worth the time forced out of the game for the upgrade to be performed.
Just wait for the quest that can't be declined for a wonder to be built and/or upgraded.

DeletedUser778

Can't say I find this a very big problem. I mean, Wonders are supposed to take a long time to build, this is a nice way to make it take a while. I assume the earlier levels will take less KP than the higher levels, so I'm pretty sure everything will work out just fine. KP's aren't really that much of a problem either, since there are now quite a few different ways to get them.

I have not so much problems with the KP cost, but with the benefits compared to the efforts of relics.
For the monastary 2900 culture is only slightly better then a temple of the holy fire and it take ages to get it to level 10, you start with 800 culture and go slowly up to 2900, so the little more culture is negligible.
The other bonus 10% more unit health is also for level 10, so you have a much smaller reward in the whole time upgrading.
Atm we have a max. squad size of 240 possible and facing such enemys:
q4XNdYKlsoj2.jpg
So even if we have the full squad size of 240, the enemy has already 3 times that much when it's an even fight 5 vs 5 squads and vs 8 squads we still face squads that are more then 2 times bigger then our own, so the 10% more health for our units in 3-4 month is a joke.
For this bonuses I should pay 63 boosted tier 3 relics? Reduce my boost by 50% points... of the most space consuming and costly manufactories to run... no thanks, I will keep my boostrate up to be able to negotiate.

Lighthouse:
Increased neighbourly help time... I'm fine with my active fellowship. If I drop I wait a couple of hours and collect my coins, when I'm polished up again.
27 random goods for returning neighbourly help, when it is finally level 10... I can return help 15-20 times in the fellowship and around 5 times in my deserted neighbourhood, so I get increadibly 540-675 random goods per day... woohooo.
Worth 50% points of my gem boostrate?... I would loose already 685 gems with two 3 hour prodcution of my gem manufatories with a 50% point reduced boostrate... so no!

I will wait for dwarven wonders and hope there is one worth it.

DeletedUser1231

I completely agree with you lordB.

The gains are absolutely worth the loss of productivity of in the loss of our boosted relic.
The gains for the fights will exist but will remain all the same moderate and will not compensate for the loss of production of in the relics boosted lost.
And products gained during the help of the neighborhood does well to me to laugh, 500 gained random products while I produces more than 30 000 a day since the level 5 (level from which we can put ancient wonder).

Either it is necessary to revise the bonuses of ancient wonder in the increase, or the relics boosted used to go up the levels of ancient wonder do not lower our percentage of production, otherwise I am well afraid of not seeing many of ancient wonder in our cities

Lissona

Lighthouse: At the moment, a lvl 10 wonder will have a huge negative impact on goods production. But to get there, you need about 3.365 KP - thats a long way to go. And in the meantime you probably get a lot more relics than you have to invest into the lighthouse.

For me the impact of the longer neighbourly help would be great - if all of my cultural buildings are polished the hole day long, that would be an immense boost in coins and supplies. And if my neighbourhood is more interested in visiting me (because they also have a lighthouse and want the goods), I will even get more coins (which I need for scouting and/or buying KP/goods).

But of course at the end the benefit depends on your neighbourhood (how many active neighbours do you have), how much time you are willing to spend to visit them every day and on your playstyle (permanent self-fullfilled 200% culture bonus vs. minimum culture).

DeletedUser1397

From all current appearances, wonders are absolute garbage and will only be worth anything to players who wish to artificially raise their score to increase their ranking. The bonuses are tiny for the amount of investment required. You can get a better return on the space you use in your city by building decorations, armories or manufactories instead of either one of the wonders we have seen so far. Forcing us to permanently use up the relics for our boosted goods is insane.

The wonders need a lot of fine tuning. Change the bonuses they give, or increase the amount the bonuses give. Make us only spend non-boosted relics. Either that or make them not take up any space in our cities and only appear in the background. The idea is to get people spending money and keep people playing the game longer. The current wonders and the current system of obtaining them will do neither.

DeletedUser651

If you haven't realized, they have now set it up so you can trade boosted goods for KP. Just go to the drop down Knowledge Points menu. That might help offset the huge costs. Unless that is a mistake again.

DeletedUser867

The initial costs, per tier, is 40, 20, 10 Goods per Knowledge Point,
but the cost appears to INCREASE by that amount every time you buy a KP.

It's an option that's best saved for emergencies.

DeletedUser326

Don't know about wonders in FOE.

Wonders in FoE cost you a set of blueprints which you acquire by helping others (polish, motivate, investing Forege Points into their wonders). They give quite a good boost at all time. From Level ten on you Need a new set of blueprints for every new Level. But they only cost forge Points to Level up and a set amaount of all goods of their Age.
They are often twice as good as Diamond Buildings even from much later Ages.

Wonders here are not worth building atm from my Point of view.
To much effort for nearly no boost/effect.

DeletedUser1388

I'm a silly guy and I really don't understand why would be good from the game perspective to get KPs 2-3-X times faster.
Players will progress faster. Ok. If we have something to do in the game beside that we are in permanent wait for productions end I would say: Great. But to speed up a linear game? Those, who have a productive city with tons of material will finish the tech tree quickly, then sit here complaining. I'm confused.

DeletedUser778

When will the page for dwarven wonders be avaiable in the wiki? :)
Can't wait to check 'em out :D