• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Ancient Wonders

DeletedUser867

Many of us use Forge Point clubs in FoE. You contribute to me, I contribute to you, and we BOTH get awards.

Thanks for the feedback so far, all! It is much appreciated. :)

sometimes (after visiting neighbors ...) it seems that you (too) have an Ancient Wonder without having one ...

>>>> see example
We've tried this, and have not been able to reproduce this, unfortunately. If you have more information on this, please create a bug report in the Report a Bug section of the forum. :)

That's bugged right now. I'm able to help people I've never discovered.
Nope the player in question did'nt discover me
Interesting, thanks. We have forwarded this for further reviewing now. (7293)
Edit: Turns out my previous information was wrong. It is intended that everyone is able to contribute to any Ancient Wonder (provided they have unlocked the first Ancient Wonder research in the research tree, of course). My apologies for the confusion. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser338

Ah, well, that's good too :p
I think you can close a couple "Ideas and Suggestion" threads now :D

Lissona

Those people who do not like the elven/human ancient wonders - because they play "the mathematical/economical style" - hopefully will find an interesting option in the Mountain Halls, which - as far as I can see an guess - boosts your relics by 10% at level 1.

DeletedUser880

I have been looking at the relative merits of Great Buildings in Forge of Empires compared with Ancient Wonders in Elvenar. I'm not saying that games should be the same but hopefully trying to show that the developers intentions for Ancient Wonders give poor rewards for the investment by players and are significantly harder to get.

1. Means of acquiring Runes
a. Completing Provinces - Random - initially 18 different runes could be provided each time a province is completed, after completing Dwarven research this increases to 36 different runes.
b. Completing Quests - so far I have seen no quests but assume that when theses occur the runes would be equally random.
c. Investing Knowledge Points - there is a significant difference from FoE here as Forge Points packages can be stored in FoE and used when required but there is no similar system in Elvenar. Where will players get the spare KPs to invest in the Ancient Wonders of other players without obstructing their own progress in the game.
d. Using diamonds - whilst random it appears that diamond users get a 1 in 9 chance of getting the runes they need rather than 1 in 18 or 1 in 36 for other means of gaining runes.
e. In FoE visits to help friends, neighbours and Guildmates give occasional blueprints, but runes are not available in this way in Elvenar making them more difficult to obtain.

2. Actual cost to get an Ancient Wonder
a. by my calculations, on average, there will be a need to acquire 58 provinces to win the first 2 Ancient Wonders - this is based on the numbers in 1a above and assumes that Runes will continue to be provided on a random basis even if a Wonder has already been obtained and shards being ploughed back
b. by my calculations, on average, there will be a need to acquire 139 additional provinces to win the 2 Dwarven Ancient Wonders based on the same assumption.
c. Using diamonds by my calculations, on average, there will be a need to buy diamonds 24 times for each of the 4 Ancient Wonders - a total of 96 purchases compared to 197 provinces.

3. Upgrading Ancient Wonders
a. The concept of upgrading for greater benefits is similar to FoE but my opening point about the availability of Knowledge Points is a significant concern.
b. Using Relics to pay for the upgrade is a good idea but for each player these should be restricted to the non-boosted relics so that these have a purpose in the game without adversely affecting player goods production.

4. Benefits
a. As has been sent by a large number of people on this forum the benefits of having Ancient Wonders seem very poor (although I have been unable to find a table of the benefits at different levels). With the size of these buildings and the cost to acquire them the benefits need to be significant.
b. The rewards from investing in Ancient Buildings need to reflect the time in KPs in building and expanding, the effort in acquiring provinces and the space of these buildings.

DeletedUser778

I have been unable to find a table of the benefits at different levels

It's a little bit hidden, I missed it on my first visits to the wonder pages too:
toErchKOhA8a.png

Edit:
The dwarven wonder for elves looks like a rollercoaster xD
AW-collage_small.jpg

Furthermore I only see one dwarven wonder.

Edit2:
AH I get it, since the dwarven stuff looks the same the 2 wonders up front are the 2 dwarven wonders for both races :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello, I have a question.
I have completed 139 provinces and I am close to complete chapter 5.
Long way to go until the Dwarven Ancient Wonders.
Edit: I play on the romanian server and there, we have no human wonders yet.

Right now, I recive no Rune Shards for completing provinces.

What do you advise me?
a.) continue to complete provinces as usual.
b.) stop completing provinces on the map, raise an army and complete them AFTER researching Dwarven Ancient Wonders.
c.) stop completing provinces on the map, raise an army, discover as many new provinces as possible and complete them AFTER researching Dwarven Ancient Wonders.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser778

I think it is hard to tell, since all the wonder stuff is new for everyone and we all have very less experiences with them and for the dwarven wonders we don't even have details.
Since you didn't mentioned the first wonders at the end of chapter 4 I think you plan to skip them and hope for better dwarven wonders.
So if that's your plan I would do as much provinces up to 7/8 as possible, to do the last encounter when you finally arrive at the dwarven wonders, but if you would run out of scoutable provinces i would complete some and go ahaed, since I think the scout should never be idle ;)

DeletedUser

For the dwarfs wonders we got some info on our server, one should give bigger training groups (for your troops) and the other should give some kind of auto-produktion of units.. but if its a fully automated unit produktion, then both the training group size, and the arsenals would not be useful, so its prob. some semiauto funktion.

(Flagellum... i have 19 open provinces, where i did 7 out of the 8 battles, i´ll do the last battles in those provinces when i can get runes, but the backdraw of doing it that way, is that i dont get more space in my city right now)

DeletedUser

I play on the romanian server and we have no human/elven wonders technology yet.
I reached the end of chapter 5.

Thanks!
I will follow your advice while I wait for the game update that will bring us the first wonders.

Q: I'm top 30 on my server and I could build the wonders among the first, will this bring me more donations to my human ancient wonders?

DeletedUser880

Right now I am not completing provinces in US version (getting to 7/8) until Ancient Wonders are released in the hope that they will prove to be worthwhile

DeletedUser

I play on the romanian server and we have no human/elven wonders technology yet.
I reached the end of chapter 5.

Thanks!
I will follow your advice while I wait for the game update that will bring us the first wonders.

Q: I'm top 30 on my server and I could build the wonders among the first, will this bring me more donations to my human ancient wonders?

You would get donations for sure, the wonders can be build from the end of chapter 4, so many will be able to build them from the day the update come, but players that build them later will most likely get more help, coz more players are able to help at that time :)

DeletedUser629

Hello, I have a question.
I have completed 139 provinces and I am close to complete chapter 5.
Long way to go until the Dwarven Ancient Wonders.
Edit: I play on the romanian server and there, we have no human wonders yet.

Right now, I recive no Rune Shards for completing provinces.

What do you advise me?
a.) continue to complete provinces as usual.
b.) stop completing provinces on the map, raise an army and complete them AFTER researching Dwarven Ancient Wonders.
c.) stop completing provinces on the map, raise an army, discover as many new provinces as possible and complete them AFTER researching Dwarven Ancient Wonders.

Thanks!

Discover as many provinces as possible, fight 7/8 encounters, and complete them all after unlocking the dwarven AW.

DeletedUser

Overall, the loss of boosted relics is giving me pause. Wouldn't it have been better if, rather than contributing KP to our friends' Wonders, we contributed our non-boosted relics?

I find it awkward that, just as they make it possible to purchase KP with boosted goods, we're going to have fewer goods anyway due to loss of boosted relics. And with the reduced goods, we have to maintain province expansion at increasing goods costs in order to progress with upgrading the Wonders. Essentially, we must have more goods in order to advance, but in order to advance we will have fewer goods. Lovely.

Also, the Wonders are biased against players who have significant purchased population (Garden of Fertility). The Wonders benefit emphasis on culture and neighbor help is of far less help to us: 1) since we won't be able to delete / replace our existing culture buildings to gain space efficiency and 2) We seldom request polishing, since our culture buildings are relatively small (540 pts). This leaves only the increase in military strength, which has been previously noted is not helpful to those facing insurmountable armies.

DeletedUser688

Maybe my question is silly, but I have already placed the Crystal Lighthouse, and by completing provices, I still get some rune shards... So the question is : what do we use the rune shards for when we already have the conresponding Ancient Wonder ???

DeletedUser867

• Rune Shards are used to unlock Level 1 & Level 6, and one could easily imagine every 5th level
  • All three relic from a particular age, including your boosted relic, unlocks Level 2-5 & Levels 7-10
Also, note that the Crystal Tower generates BOOSTED goods when you do your daily rounds.

DeletedUser688

thanks for the information, and yet, I have noted that it was Boosted goods that we get !

DeletedUser778

Also, note that the Crystal Tower generates BOOSTED goods when you do your daily rounds.
Are you sure about it? The Wiki says this:
Increases Neighborly Help Rewards - It will give you a certain amount of random goods when you return help to your fellows and discovered neighbors.

Other questions that came into my mind:
  1. When will dwarven wonders finally be in the wiki? I was really positivly suprised seeing the infos about human/elven wonders in the wiki before they were avaiable on the server, but waiting so long now for infos about the dwarven wonders revokes the first joy :(
  2. If I research the first and the dwarven wonders, do I still get only one shard (so a 1:4 chance to get a shard for the wonder i wanne build) or do I get one elven and one dwarven shard for each province?

DeletedUser338

100% sure @LordB. You get random boosted goods (so either 1st, 2nd or 3rd tier boosted goods). And not just if you return help, but also just for giving help, luckily.

DeletedUser778

Hmm ok, so the wiki is totally wrong :/
I completed dwaren wonder reseach today so I completed my 7/8 provinces
1 steel province in ring 14 = bulwark shard
4 gem provinces in ring 15 = 4 mountain hall shards
random luck, or are the shards depending on province type, or ring?