• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Ancient Wonders

Marindor

May I ask why? And how much space will they require? If too much I won't build them. I have other priorities right now.

That's exactly why of course :) It brings an extra strategic element into the game and you will have to decide for yourself what you wish to focus on and which Ancient Wonders fit your strategy and which don't :cool:

DeletedUser

The counterparts of the Ancient Wonders will be seen in the background, yes, but they will also be built in your city. They do require space. :)

Thanks for the official reply on it ....And So then I would like to have an answer for my next question in the same message also please...

... and if its so, will the expansions increased along with the introduction of these Wonders....

DeletedUser1380

I think it would be safe to say NO, as there has been no mention of extra expansions anywhere. But then if space wasn't an issue it would remove some of the strategic element of the choice of which to build ;) or the likely hood of buying diamonds

The Ancient Wonders will not bring further new expansions. We have already released a bunch of these with the Dwarves with our previous update, though. Have you already placed all these? :)

DeletedUser867

Judging from what we've seen in FoE, the Ancient Wonders will be more efficient (goods, coins, supplies, etc per occupied square) than the equivalent buildings.

Once we get to the more advanced stages of the games, you probably won't have enough space to cover your needs with just regular buildings.

DeletedUser

The Ancient Wonders will not bring further new expansions. We have already released a bunch of these with the Dwarves with our previous update, though. Have you already placed all these? :)
It was not about whether i have placed all these expansions or not ...I never complained about not having any more space ...My question was to understand and know how much space i can use currently without the WONDERS ... If additional expansions were going to be opened i would be in a position to use all thats available now and if it was going to be a "no" like you already replied I will have to plan accordingly to keep some space available in case i need to build the Wonders... Anyways thanks for the reply for my question ...

DeletedUser651

When does the Ancient Wonders start in the tech tree? (In the announcement it says after section IV, but I don't see anything in the tech tree in that section ...I am an elf. Then I saw someone else say that elves won't get it until after they have finished the Dwarf section of the tech tree.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The first Ancient Wonder technology will be at the end of Chapter IV. As the Ancient Wonders are not ingame yet, you are not yet able to see them in the research tree. :)

DeletedUser118

But most of us are at Chapter 6 already. Will those technologies be already researched for us or do we have to go back in the research tree and still have to research them?

DeletedUser778

We will still update the game tomorrow, though, so everything else that was planned is still being installed on Beta as previously planned. We ask for your understanding.
Are runeshards from provinces already included? I don't want to waste opportunities for shards, but I could really use the space that comes with the next province expansion(1 province missing) :confused:

DeletedUser338

It would indeed be pretty nice if we could already collect some shards. It might be a bit confusing for those who do not read the forums, but hey, screw them :p

Marindor

But most of us are at Chapter 6 already. Will those technologies be already researched for us or do we have to go back in the research tree and still have to research them?

The one at the end of Chapter IV will appear as a new tech which you'll have to unlock first. The one at the end of Chapter VI will apear there as a new tech (which has to be researched first as well).

Are runeshards from provinces already included? I don't want to waste opportunities for shards, but I could really use the space that comes with the next province expansion(1 province missing) :confused:

Only after unlocking the Ancient Wonders technology, will you get Rune Shards and they are only for the Ancient Wonders that you've unlocked in the tech tree (so e.g. when you have unlocked the Elven Ancient Wonders, you won't get Dwarven Rune Shards yet - until you've unlocked the Dwarven Ancient Wonders technology too).

This also means that starting players won't receive any Rune Shards yet. Ancient Wonders (and the corresponding Rune Shards) come available later in the game (the first AWs at the end of chapter IV) and unlocking these technologies (and therefore the ability to acquire Rune Shards) will not backwards count all the provinces you already have. This would make it too easy to directly build your first Ancient Wonders as soon as you've unlocked these techs, while they're meant to take a while and cost some effort to build. The rewards are great, but they need to be in line with the effort.

For now, what you could do temporarily is finish your newly scouted provinces up till 7/8 and wait with the last encounter until next week, so you'd at least get Rune Shards for them at that point ;)

DeletedUser246

I'm really looking forward to these new developments. These Ancient Wonders will be very attractive.
I liked to have placed at least one to a certain progression of the game, at the end of the 4th Age. It will give opportunity to those who can not finish yet the dwarves.

DeletedUser1388

This also means that starting players won't receive any Rune Shards yet. Ancient Wonders (and the corresponding Rune Shards) come available later in the game (the first AWs at the end of chapter IV) and unlocking these technologies (and therefore the ability to acquire Rune Shards) will not backwards count all the provinces you already have. This would make it too easy to directly build your first Ancient Wonders as soon as you've unlocked these techs, while they're meant to take a while and cost some effort to build. The rewards are great, but they need to be in line with the effort.
For me is a little strange what you are saying: "...while they're meant to take a while and cost some effort to build"
So, if somebody have 150-200+ provinces, this person already put "some effort", right? As effort/cost we cannot compare conquering a province at 10 hexes distance with one at 5 hexes distance - just think only at the cost of discovery.
Let's take a player having X provinces when he reach the first wonder in the tech tree. He will start getting shards for this wonder at province X+1. Let's assume furthermore, he will have provinces doubled (2X) when reaches the dwarven chapter wonder. This means, he got shards for X provinces conquered (2X-X). Now let's take somebody, who already have 2X provinces, when introducing the wonders and he is in chapter VI. This person will have a huge disadvantage, because he will lose (I mean not getting) shards for - as in the example above - X provinces. I understand Inno's intent, but looks like the people who already invested a lot of effort will be in an incomparably worse position versus the starting or mid level players from shard perspective.

DeletedUser283

I think that apart from winning some easy expansions and boosting relics, a beginning player should refrain from conquering too many provinces, in order to have more opportunities for relic shards once he can obtain them :)
this is clearly a change of paradigm within the game !

DeletedUser1345

Why do you have a quest to place a granite mine? Why not have a granite mine instead? I had six built before researching expansion 22. I have to move one, build it, and the construction can't be cancelled, I have to sell it.

DeletedUser246

For me is a little strange what you are saying: "...while they're meant to take a while and cost some effort to build"
So, if somebody have 150-200+ provinces, this person already put "some effort", right? As effort/cost we cannot compare conquering a province at 10 hexes distance with one at 5 hexes distance - just think only at the cost of discovery.
Let's take a player having X provinces when he reach the first wonder in the tech tree. He will start getting shards for this wonder at province X+1. Let's assume furthermore, he will have provinces doubled (2X) when reaches the dwarven chapter wonder. This means, he got shards for X provinces conquered (2X-X). Now let's take somebody, who already have 2X provinces, when introducing the wonders and he is in chapter VI. This person will have a huge disadvantage, because he will lose (I mean not getting) shards for - as in the example above - X provinces. I understand Inno's intent, but looks like the people who already invested a lot of effort will be in an incomparably worse position versus the starting or mid level players from shard perspective.

I disagree with you. One player who has enough strength to win 200+ provinces, have easier position to put an Ancient Wonder what that player who won only 80-150 provinces.
It is very funny to see the despair of you, wanting everything for granted.
They want to launch this news and want it to be pretty much easy to complete these goals.
I tell you, that if the intention of Elvenar developers, would provide the Beta with an ease to solve the problems, they would have released to the public a new world, where time would be faster and developments as well.
I suggest you play the game the same way as everyone else. If you won more than 200 provinces, congratulations to you. This shows that you can win the other quite easy.

DeletedUser1388

Very nice from your part, thanks for your kind words. Especially I like you are telling me how shall I play! Thanks again.

DeletedUser246

Very nice from your part, thanks for your kind words. Especially I like you are telling me how shall I play! Thanks again.

You are welcome! You are funny, want it easy, for free. The guys develop several new features and always has a selfish player who complains because it is being harmed.