• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion A Charming Tree Questline Event

DeletedUser1163

I'll go back into the game, write down the goods costs and try negotiating again. Do you know how I can start a new topic in the Discussion or Suggestions Forum threads?. I don't see an option to start a topic. Any help is appreciated.

I can't test the diminishing returns of goods when negotiating a province sector on the World Map because they all require Orcs to trade, and I don't have Orcs to trade. I've just scouted a new province and hoping it's one without the Orc requirement. I'll have to wait 25 hrs for my scout to finish.

DeletedUser1163

Don't know what happened to my reply. I'll post it again. I just went over to my game but all the provinces require Orcs so I can't test this diminishing returns on goods yet until I scout another province. Hopefully this province will not require Orcs to trade. I'll get back to you in 24 hrs when my scout has finished. Thanks SoggyShorts for your help.

DeletedUser1163

I just finished testing this on 3 complete provinces, and at no point did the costs change in any of the 24 provinces. How sure are you that this has happened to you?

SoggyShorts, I decided to pay with diamonds to negotiate one of the sectors because I would not be able to solve this encounter unless I have Orcs to trade. Yes, the goods amounts changed along with the Orc requirement in two of the sectors. Went from 35 Orcs required to 43 Orcs and the goods requirements increased also. There are diminishing returns you need to factor in when negotiating.

SoggyShorts

There are diminishing returns you need to factor in when negotiating.
I've never tried spending diamonds, but I just negotiated another 2 entire provinces on another account while checking the prices of every encounter between each negotiation. There were no changes anywhere.

DeletedUser1163

I cannot research Orcs yet because that research is two chapters away. This is terrible! How am I going to unlock chapters if I don't find a province that doesn't require me to trade Orcs? Before the Battle System was changed, I unlocked so many land expansions by fighting in the provinces. Because I did this now I'm faced with provinces that hold units that outnumber me in the thousands, and they require Orcs to negotiate. I am not spending diamonds to negotiate. So I will keep sending out my scout to look for provinces where you do not have to trade Orcs to negotiate. Wish me luck.

SoggyShorts

So I will keep sending out my scout to look for provinces where you do not have to trade Orcs to negotiate. Wish me luck.
Try going to the world map, and leaving it centered on your city. Then hold Ctrl and scroll down on your mouse wheel. It should the be easy to see which provinces are the 65 closest ones, all of which do not require orcs.
Alternately mouse over every province that you are allowed to scout, and only scout the cheapest one.

Since you haven't even cleared enough provinces to finish chapter 6, you are not overscouted at all, and the new battle system is not what is holding you back. Your problem is that you have scouted in a starfish pattern rather than clearing provinces that are closest.

DeletedUser1163

Thanks SoggyShorts for your advice. I will scout the cheaper ones. All the provinces close to my city have been scouted. I've only been scouting the next province that is near my city, going a wee bit further each time but still staying close to my city. Guess this is not a starfish pattern but rather I'm orbiting around my city, only scouting the next province that is in range of my city.

In the past before the new Battle System change, I was able to complete Provinces. The Dwarven Chapter shows Provinces Completed: 157/160 and that came about because I was able to negotiate. Since the change, I have not been successful battling the province creatures. Well off I go to scout hoping to find a province where they are not requiring Orcs to trade.

DeletedUser1163

means that battling on the worldmap is incredibly easy, even on autocombat, so i guess there is definitely some other problem

Dony, that means battles were easy BEFORE the new Battle System but that has been changed. Battles are incredibly hard. The only reason I was able to get that far was I started in the Beta World when Elvenar first started. After the new Battle System became active, I have not been able to fight because the units on the worldmap out number me in the thousands. All I can do is negotiate and now that has become difficult because Orcs are required. The research for the Orcs chapter is two chapters away. I am taking SoggyShorts advice and just keep scouting until I find a province on the worldmap that does not trade Orcs.

SoggyShorts

After the new Battle System became active, I have not been able to fight because the units on the worldmap out number me in the thousands.
But they shouldn't. If you are under the next chest, like 157/160 then in the closest provinces to your city YOU should outnumber THEM, and fights should be very easy.

In chapter 10 when I was at 210/220 I was able to win fights on autocombat even though I skipped seven squad size techs.

All the provinces close to my city have been scouted. I've only been scouting the next province that is near my city, going a wee bit further each time but still staying close to my city. Guess this is not a starfish pattern but rather I'm orbiting around my city, only scouting the next province that is in range of my city.
This is the part that just can't be true. Every province in all of the first 10 rings can be negotiated without orcs. If you really didn't starfish, and scouted evenly in all directions you'd have found 65 more provinces that don't need orcs before running into province #223 in ring 11 that does require orcs.

DeletedUser1163

SoggyShorts, how do you determine what ring you are in? I was negotiating just fine until I unlocked the Dwarven chapter. That's when I started seeing Orcs added to the list of goods you need to negotiate. Also, the province units definitely outnumber my troops. Maybe I don't have enough armories (only have 4). They're only at level 13. All I know is 700 of my strongest troops cannot defeat enemy units of 2000 units each. One of the game developers told me I have advanced too far too fast. They had to balance the game. Balance the game? They balanced it in favor of the enemy units.

I'm still having fun on the tournaments. It's very easy for me to defeat enemy units there, without losing too many of my troops. But the enemy units on the worldmap provinces are too many in number to defeat. I don't enjoy spending days building up a formidable army only to lose them in a few minutes.

SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts, how do you determine what ring you are in?
There are a couple of ways.
1. you can count hexes starting at 1 for the hex touching your city.
RING2.png
2. you can open an encounter and look at how many ranking points completing that encounter will give you.
RING1.png

DeletedUser1163

There are a couple of ways.
1. you can count hexes starting at 1 for the hex touching your city.
2. you can open an encounter and look at how many ranking points completing that encounter will give you.

Thank you so much SoggyShorts. I opened an Encounter and checked the Ranking Points. The number shows 11. Yikes! I hope this is not bad.

DeletedUser1163

The advice from players and information I've found on the Forums, which I call the Great Library, has helped me set up a Hints & Tips message thread to help my fellowships understand the many hidden features of Elvenar. This is a new subject I've added thanks to SoggyShorts.

NEGOTIATIONS CHANGE IN RING 11
Every province in all of the first 10 rings can be negotiated without trading Orcs. If you have not reached the Orcs & Goblins Chapter 8, and you are having difficulty winning battles, do not scout past ring 10. Starting in ring 11 (Province 223), Orcs are needed to trade. You will always have the option to spend diamonds to solve Encounters. There are 65 provinces that don’t require Orcs to trade. To find out what ring you are in, either count the hexes from your city or open an Encounter and look at the Ranking points completing that encounter will give you.

Credit goes to SoggyShorts for this information.
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...g-tree-questline-event.8344/page-3#post-50983

It annoys me that periodically messages are cleared out by Elvenar's pixies.
I cannot catch them for they are as fast as a breeze.
I let everyone know to sit a spell & read the information I have gathered at your leisure but if you
take too long to find out what they're about, Elvenar’s pixies will come along later and clear them out.​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1163

That's just for you. You stated that you had 157/160 cleared. 157+65 = 222. There are 222 provinces that don't need orcs, you have 65 left.

I opened an Encounter and checked the Ranking Points. The number shows 11. Doesn't that mean I will not be able to find a province that is not trading Orcs? I've scouted 5 of them already and each one requires Orcs.

SoggyShorts

I opened an Encounter and checked the Ranking Points. The number shows 11. Doesn't that mean I will not be able to find a province that is not trading Orcs? I've scouted 5 of them already and each one requires Orcs.
You've only cleared 157 provinces, right?

1. Go to your tech tree, and go to the first tech in chapter 2 "advanced scouts"
  2. mouse over it, and press print screen on your keyboard.
  3. open ms paint, press ctrl-z
  4. crop the picture like I did, and upload it here please.
garbage.png

DeletedUser1163

ATTACH=[full]2896[/ATTACH]
Fairies Chapter.jpg

I saved 2 screen shots. One is from the Dwarves Chapter I'm in right now and the other is the Fairies Chapter.

Attachments

• Dwarves Chapter.jpg
    Dwarves Chapter.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 224

DeletedUser1163

Click on the Dwarves Chapter image. For some reason only one image will appear on the screen at a time.